Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddammit there wasn't enough sun shining on Korean Superboy :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
:stare: that was harsh

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Grem posted:

Jesus Choi can take a loving punch.

He should try not doing that.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Poor Choi

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
that had to hurt

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
korean aquaman

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Stephens had him hurt really badly after that leg-kick---right-hand. It hosed Choi's timing up really badly.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
wtg ~lil heathen~

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

kim jong un please end it all now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Send in the Zombie to avenge Superboy :mad:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

choi doesnt seem to have developed his head movement much in the past year

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I look forward to Choi bing relevant in about 2022 when he's done his military service and put together another win streak.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I guess Korean fighters are like Japanese fighters in that cheering for them only leads to heartbreak.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

I look forward to Choi bing relevant in about 2022 when he's done his military service and put together another win streak.

Wait is he doing his service after this fight.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
I've always had a soft spot for Stevens since way back in his debut, it's cool he's having some great late career performances.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Ulio posted:

he's said he has about a year to go before his service starts

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Ulio posted:

I remember him saying he could put it off maybe another year.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

It looked great in the first round and in the second up until he ate that counter.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Stephens is interesting since he really hasn't developed his game all that much, but he hits so loving hard that it really doesn't matter.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Stephens doing the opposite of Colby Colvington. Class.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

Nope, it's all footwork and distance which is predictable and dangerous when he's in the pocket so much. He gets hit the same way Machida gets hit.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
man keith peterson took a little bit of a shot there from stephens

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Choi's translator posted:

This white devil has cursed the name of the great republic of south korea, please do what you must in the parking lot

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

loving :lol:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The mistake KSB made in the second round was choosing to brawl it out with Stephens rather than being more methodical in his striking like he was in round 1.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
this is the saddest day in the history of the Korean nation as Dokdo, shining jewel and heritage of the Korean people, has been ceded to Iowa

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

david carmichael posted:

Dominican fox skipped the last part of the pvz fight so guido cannetti could call in and provide excuses while they showed the footage of him losing

lol that rules

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
gently caress

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

The mistake KSB made in the second round was choosing to brawl it out with Stephens rather than being more methodical in his striking like he was in round 1.

Stephens didn't give him much of a choice, he stopped retreating and forced Choi to either plant and brawl, or retreat himself.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
That’s true. And lest we forget Darren Elkins homer simpsoning his way to another huge win. That shits ridiculous.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

this is the saddest day in the history of the Korean nation as Dokdo, shining jewel and heritage of the Korean people, has been ceded to Iowa

truly, liancourt rocks

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Having received the news late Sunday, Governor Kim Reynolds said in her Martin Luther King day address before the children who represent the bright future of our people that "Dokdo has long been the cornerstone of the culture and traditions of the Hawkeye state, like a warm nest from which we rose to fullness and glory it is the glowing sun in the east that lights the shining path forward for all Iowans"

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Triticum Guzzler posted:

8 months later and the setup of the unfunny pushing of the dokdo thing pays off with an okay joke

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Neurosis posted:

8 months later and the setup of the unfunny pushing of the dokdo thing pays off with an okay joke

seems you like your songbuns with extra salt

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

It is a good day for my fellow Iowans as our longstanding claim for our ancestoral homeland in the Pacific has been recognized, finally, after these great many years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Ulio posted:

30% Usman vs Sea Level Cain make it happen Dana.

• Locked thread