Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

gonna do some medicare personal training today :toot:

Gonna be fun on a bun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Good morning I'm up like an idiot because somehow I don't have any film of sunrise in my b-roll folder so I'm rectifying that what's up with you

Headed to work here in a bit, every Monday morning I have a conference call for a project that I really hate so I always dread Mondays but at least I get the (usual) shittiest part of my week out of the way early.

Wife is laying in bed because her company gives her MLK day off. This is after most of her office was at a conference last week and she had to do last Monday and then "worked" from home Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm insanely jealous.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jan 15, 2018

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Years back I broke my ankle slipping on some ice in my buddy's driveway. He was 15-20 feet away but still heatd the snap. I landed in such a way that my leg got folded under me. So that was fun. Naturally the smartest thing we could do was have me limp up the spiral staircase to his 2nd-floor apartment.

I've also had a pilonidal cyst, which is something that happens right around where your back meets your butt. I let that go for so long that the doctor insisted on cutting some of it out in his office with only a local anaesthetic. Was thankfully put under for the follow-up surgery but ended up with a fist-sized hole in my lower back that took months to heal.

Both of those were decades ago though. I had surgery for an inguinal hernia in 2016. That recovery wasn't t too bad pain-wise with only ibuprofen, and the hernia itself was only a nuisance prior to. I'm sure the ultimate cause was work-related but the thing that caused the tissue to finally rip was a sneeze.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
My brain has three dead spots from a stroke that's all I got for injury and also why I'm a cincy sports fan still

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I tore my meniscus in OCS and that's why I'm no longer in the military.

Side note: good lord doxycycline makes your rear end smell absolutely rancid

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Lol if you don’t have today off

Going back to bed losers

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Got the day off. Might go get a tattoo.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Joey Freshwater posted:

Going back to bed losers

My racist rear end company says no

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Joey Freshwater posted:

Going back to bed losers

The new job only has 7 official holidays -- 4 of which are christmas and new years and their respective eves. We have unlimited PTO, but idk, didn't feel like taking the day off a week into the job, especially when my wife scheduled the house keeper for today.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Having MLK off is new for me. We got bought out and to match up with the company that bought us we were given 4 extra holiday days. MLK, Christmas Eve, and the Presidents and Columbus Day???

Whatever I’ll take it

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Yeah my company is pretty stingy with holidays. New Year's Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Th/Fr of Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. They like to send people home early on certain holiday weekends though, which is nice enough. Also the CEO of my employer is a confirmed MAGA-chud so no way are we getting MLK off!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Having every federal holiday off except Columbus day owns.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Arizona did, then didn't which led to this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrFOb_f7ubw

and then we wanted a superbowl so now we have MLK as a paid holiday.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Turns out I was incorrectly sent in. So I’m just tearing up the gym right now.

But they now need me to work second shift at the hospital. Surge and holiday pay here I come.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

BlindSite posted:

I don't recall ever having a nose bleed either. I had my bottom teeth put through my bottom lip via an elbow to the mouth once and I bled like a stuck pig.

I also broke some ribs, cracked my sternum, broke my hand, have calcium deposits in my thumb knuckle so bad its 1.5x the size of my left one, broke bones on the top of my foot, chipped a tooth, split my eyebrows open, had my ear torn where it meets the head at the bottom and had my foreskin torn once.

Also had staph, injuries to my big toe, kneck cricks and sprained wrist and a weird thing with my a.c. joint. I also sometimes get numbness in my fingers - I'm sure it's fine.

Post your best injuries.

Broken my arms five times. Left three right two. Worst was the last break where the bones in my forearm got flipped sideways and they needed to manipulate them worst pain in my life. Later had two pins put in the didn't set right, so they spent a while deciding if they would have to rebreak it. They didn't, but I don't have full range of motion in my wrist and it grinds non-stop.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I got my jaw cracked in pro wrestling school

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

My celebrity story was I met Rod Carew at spring training when I was like 5.

I said hello, we talked about baseball (I said my favorite player was Kirby Puckett, and I wanted to play CF when I got older).

When it was time to go he asked me if I wanted him to sign my hat, I said "That's OK. My Mom already put my name in it."

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I also don't have today off. The company's only official holidays are Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas / New Year's. On the plus side, there's unlimited PTO and a lot of official time off around Christmas and New Year's.

The flexibility of unlimited time off is nice, though it seems like the end result is often just that people never take time off due to perceived pressure. Also, the company doesn't have to pay out any accrued PTO on employee departure like other companies would.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

My only celebrity story is I met Jerry Glanville and Dirk Koetter in a bar in Hartford for a fan event for the city's now defunct UFL team. Koetter told me that the "arena guys can't throw the ball for poo poo" after I asked about on of the UFL QBs, a former arena player who'd had a good year and went on to be a 3rd-stringer with the Cowboys.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Going back to bed losers

I don't have today off, but there ain't poo poo going on in this place today so I'm cool.

Had Friday off though cuz of the weather.

Edit: Since we're posting celebrity stories...

I worked at the JW Marriott in Indy for 2 years and worked 3 NFL combines. Met a lot of cool dudes. Belichick was an rear end to me because he tried to check in super early and his room wasn't ready. Rex Ryan pretended to be really lovely about the same issue, but was messing with me. drat near poo poo my pants because that was after the Belichick incident.

Ummm...Elway winked at me when I said hello to him. Had conversations with Jim Harbaugh, Ted Thompson, and Norv Turner about football. It was awesome.

I've met Snoop Dogg, Ice-T and Coco, Mark Cuban (who is super cool irl). I've met a ton of sports celebs and regular celebs. Only person I need to cross off my list is Charles Barkley. I'd actually go nuts if I met him because he's hilarious.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 15, 2018

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
All my celebrity hangout stories come from working for the Obama campaign back in the day. Kal Penn, Eva Longoria, and the Beastie Boys.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Worst injury: Broke my collarbone coming down with a TD catch while playing touch football with friends. Had to have a plate put in to fix it because it was on the verge of popping through skin. Not a single person questioned if I maintained possession.

Celebrity: Met Tom Haberstroh at SXSW. He was kind and fun to talk to about TrueHoop for a few minutes.

While interning at the Michigan House of Reps back in college, I walked past Kwame Kilpatrick and 6-7 dudes beside him, all sized like linebackers. Wasn't really a meeting because I just kept my eyes down, but it was easily the most memorable thing about that internship because they could've taken over the place and no one would've/could've done poo poo about it.

Not really celebrity as much as dudes you might have heard of once or twice.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If you’re a golfing fan you’d be interested in my stories otherwise meh

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Worst injury is a tie:

In eighth grade I was playing basketball and went up to block a shot on a fast break. I landed awkwardly on my foot and I knew I had sprained it immediately. A split second later the guy I blocked landed on my foot and broke the ankle.

Other was I slipped and fell in basketball practice when I got tangled up with someone and hit my head hard on the court junior year. I was a bit off the rest of practice but I was mostly fine. I went to bed and woke up the next day and had miserable headaches and really bad light sensitivity. So I guess I had a decently bad concussion.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Amy Pole Her posted:

If you’re a golfing fan you’d be interested in my stories otherwise meh

My friend

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Never broken a bone. Never torn a muscle or ligament. Never dislocated anything. I had a really bad cramp after rowing practice one day? Only contact sport I ever played was lacrosse in middle school. I had my growth spurt way before everybody else so I was the biggest dude and played as the face-off midfielder. Since my reaction time has always been awful I didn't go for the ball, I just plowed over the guy across from me and let our super fast guys on the edge beat their dudes to it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

swickles posted:

Oh, and I am 6' even and I towered over him. Dude is 5'10" at most and I felt like if I had the agility to actually lay a hit on him I would crush him.

That's cool you met Russell, did his robot handler let you see the circuit boards in his stomach?

Also I'm 5'10 how dare you 6' tower over us :argh:

I already told my celebrity story of eating breakfast a table away from Mira Sorvino at Disneyland.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 15, 2018

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Spoeank posted:

Other was I slipped and fell in basketball practice when I got tangled up with someone and hit my head hard on the court junior year. I was a bit off the rest of practice but I was mostly fine. I went to bed and woke up the next day and had miserable headaches and really bad light sensitivity. So I guess I had a decently bad concussion.

You're really lucky. I know a dude who was biking home after having a few drinks at the bar and fell. Went home and passed out. His roommates dragged him to the hospital when he didn't wake up all day but the swelling from his concussion had already given him permanent brain damage. He still gets around, but his speech is considerably slower and he has problems remembering things.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Can't say that I've ever broken anything or torn a muscle/ligament/tendon, I think the worst thing is that the cartilage in my right knee is really worn down from years of running (and HS marching band years ago) but since I started lifting more it hasn't been bothering me as much. But that could very well be due to running fewer miles to make up for the time I spend lifting lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

When I was like 10 I broke my right arm because I was biking down a hill and my sister (aged 5) stopped dead between a telephone poll and tree and I had my choice of what to plow into and chose the tree.

Didn't break anything but more a whole body fuckup, while playing flag football I stepped into a huge divot in a lovely field, twisted my ankle, smashed my knee into a stone and busted my face open.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

very stable genius posted:

You're really lucky. I know a dude who was biking home after having a few drinks at the bar and fell. Went home and passed out. His roommates dragged him to the hospital when he didn't wake up all day but the swelling from his concussion had already given him permanent brain damage. He still gets around, but his speech is considerably slower and he has problems remembering things.

Yeah knowing what I know now about brain injuries I feel very lucky everything still works okay up there. I can't believe I finished practice given what transpired the next day.

Also the lead singer of The Cranberries died.

<zombie joke goes here after the appropriate amount of time>

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What? She couldn't have been older than 45.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hearing about the hawaii missile EMS snafoo and man, hey Hawaii, I'll design you a new missile alert gui for like, I dunno, five grand.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I broke my wrist hurdling the 300m in high school during playoffs. It was an epic fall that would've been all over youtube if camera phones could do video decent back then. I blasted off the blocks ahead of everyone and immediately ate it on the first one. Got up after my momentum kept me rolling for a bit then kept running and fell 3 more times. Eventually finished as the crowd awkwardly clapped. End result: broken wrist that required a bone graft from my hip to repair, two knees swollen ans bruised that thankfully didn't tear ligaments, and a really sprained ankle.

I also have a cool scar from that time a bullet casing when down my uniform sleeve and just roasted my skin.

I concussed myself from smoking too much weed once. I got up, walked a few steps then passed out and hit my head.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

What? She couldn't have been older than 45.

yeah thats ancient for a grunge singer

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Kalli posted:

Hearing about the hawaii missile EMS snafoo and man, hey Hawaii, I'll design you a new missile alert gui for like, I dunno, five grand.

Yeah, after reading that it was even possible for the test and real buttons to be on the same page I was blown away. The overpriced garbage software the government procures is mind boggling, but understandable given the way Booz Allen et al have had rules around procurement structured.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Actually I may have done some damage to my knee drunkenly dancing back in December. I can move it between 90 and 180 degrees no problem, but if I go less than 90 it still hurts. Doesn't feel like there's structurally anything wrong though? I hope it gets back to normal cause I've got a ski race in a month.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

sweet guys I found the Dumbest Tweet Online today

https://twitter.com/CheriAngel4/status/952866036155592705

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Both of my shoulders are hosed up and I occasionally joke that its an RSI from jerking it too much (its actually a pinched nerve that flares up occasionally)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

rip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw