Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
Terminator adventures, this Sunday at 9! 150 requisition, and... Did I give you guys xp after last time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

susan
Jan 14, 2013
I believe 150 req is exactly enough for me to get Terminator Armor and Lightning Claws and nothing else. Not that I *need* much else, really. Red Brethren, represent.

Did I miss anything important last session?

EDIT: I was wrong. The 100 Req includes weapons. I am now a walking blender with missile launcher shoulders.

...Terminator Armor can't use Jump Packs, right?

susan fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 12, 2018

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Flee from th' terrifyin' evil of "NHS"!

They can't, unfortunately.

Can Agatone bolt his absurd quasi-heavy flamer into the gun harnesses, or do I need to take a different weapon?

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
Heavy flamers are Terminator weapons, go ahead

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Termie Armor 60
CHAINFIST 40
Cyclone Launcher 25
Astartes Targeter 25

Dunno about XP, tho.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

JcDent posted:

Termie Armor 60
CHAINFIST 40
Cyclone Launcher 25
Astartes Targeter 25

Dunno about XP, tho.

*high fives the non-chainfist hand* Whoot, melee + Cyclone bros! Double-team for days! Though I thought the Terminator Armor had Targeters built-in?

EDIT: Also, if I need it, I can give 3 extra Requisition to someone (or 15 if you have a better idea than me lugging around an extra Melta Bomb, which really seems superfluous but it was the best idea I could come up with, so please take all 15 so I can leave the Melta Bomb at home).

susan fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 14, 2018

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Terminator Armour 60
Storm Shield 35
Thunder Hammer 30 2d10+16 concussive.
Combi-tool 15
Teleport Homer 10

Terminator Armour History: 2, 6 Blood of Those Who Came Before (+10 vs pinning)

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I've got about 3150 XP saved up, so...I think that you gave us XP last time?
Whatever, time to buy Psy Rating VI and Wave of Penance! [sub]and raise Tactics (Assault)

135/150
60 Terminator Armor
35 Storm Shield
25 Psychic Hood
10 Teleport Homer
05 Cartograph

This Terminator Armor is also soaked in the blood of the enemy, so I guess Bastion was marching triumphantly and accidentally stepped on an Eldar or something. Oh well, it's not like any armor he wears stays blood free for long.

Edit:
Also, we're moving at a crawl with -20 Agility and no Running. And no Dodging.

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 14, 2018

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

I might be a bit behind this morning, had some family stuff come up, sorry in advance. Just point Kalderich at some xenos if you need GUN.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Apologies about being a no-show, family emergency got a bit escalated yesterday. How did terminator time go?

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Apologies about being a no-show, family emergency got a bit escalated yesterday. How did terminator time go?

Well it turns out Brother Bastion can kill all enemies in a 90m-radius sphere now, so clearing out a derelict Space Hulk went a bit smoother than anticipated :P .

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

susan posted:

Well it turns out Brother Bastion can kill all enemies in a 90m-radius sphere now, so clearing out a derelict Space Hulk went a bit smoother than anticipated :P .

I guess Bastion has achieved peak ugly, finally ugly enough to actually kill anything that sees him like some kind of horrible psychic medusa.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Unless we have another scheduling problem, 75 requisition for this Sunday's session! In the penultimate adventure, we head to the sleepy farm world of Doppio to stop our enemies from achieving their goaluh well, there's some predestination stuff going on, so we kinda gotta wing it to some extent? There's probably a couple cool boss fights where we're headed in any case.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
25 Psychic Hood
35 Storm Shield
60 Terminator Armor
15 Jump Pack
75/75

Back to being merely superhuman, not godlike.

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 28, 2018

JcDent
May 13, 2013

18 Breaching Augur Melee 2d10+11 R 7 Tearing, Unwieldy, Power Field
2x Cryo Grenade 36
Kraken Rounds (Free)

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Know how I'm winding down the campaign because grad school is kicking my butt? Well, grad school is kicking my butt with take-home midterms and capstone proposals this week, so I don't have the time to put the polish on the final adventure that it really needs, so I'm going to have to delay this one last time. If people want to get together for something else, like planning whatever RPG dudes want to try next, that's cool and I could probably even show, but I can't prepare and run something just this second. ...Man, remember how I was posting about just taking my GREs on the first page of the thread? How a year flies.

Looking ahead in my schedule, the 25th looks to be in a nice little niche between assignment deadlines and finals, so I will be out of excuses! If you care to prepare in advance: I am advancing everybody to Rank 5 (30k xp)! 200 Requisition! Everybody is Hero rank! And just so everybody doesn't feel like they have to take Terminator Armor just because, you can requisition Artificer Armor like normal wargear! You're at the Siege of Terra, they have spares.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

:eng101: Good luck!
The Techmarines are probably going to be grumpy about our armor being ten thousand years behind on regular maintenance and covered in purity seals.

As for tomorrow, I'm up to shoot the poo poo about what we want to do next. I've got a bunch of canned adventures for Classic Traveler if we decide to jump feet first into an impromptu game.

Edit
Or some kind of Only Landscknect game.

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 10, 2018

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I'm up for Canned Traveller Classic.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Scratch that, maybe next time. Surprise visit by relatives.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Anyone else up for something after this game comes to a glorious end?

Traveller is always cool, but this just popped up in the Let's Play of Phoenix Command

If you guys want to stick with the 40K setting, I'd like to try a Landsknechte-in-Space game in Only War or Dark Heresy II. If the old Imperial Army was split up so the Guard can't have ships and the Navy can't have soldiers, that means the Navy needs to hire mercenaries to do boarding and away teams and other soldiers duties. Makes about as much sense as the Sororitas not being men under arms, plus the requisition system makes way more sense if the players are arguing with a sutler instead of a quartermaster.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Well, the Navy has the famous naval ratings, who are there to shoot pirates and whatever other things invade the ships. Also mutineers, I guess.

You can still play a Guard regiment formed along those lines, tho. It's Imperium, stranger things happen.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Or, hmm...pull a 40K: Vermintide and make it an escape from a wrecked ship, lodged in a space hulk and swarming with horrible xenos.

Also, for the finale, Bastion will be requisitioning
200/200
060 Artificer Armor
050 Force Sword (Mastercrafted)
015 Psychic Hood
015 Jump Pack
035 Storm Shield
005 Pict Recorder, because holy poo poo I want to take pictures of this.
060 Duty's End, Imperial Fist Relic Storm Shield, because drat it, I want to get my hands on a relic before this game is over, and Bastion has yet to need the sweet sweet embrace of the Pain Glove.

Don't know about the Artificer armor, actually - Bastion's armor is as old and holy as it is possible to roll. I mean, there's probably some hero already at the Battle of Terra wearing it as an ancient relic.
Although with the way I roll Artificer armor means Bastion's getting decked out in :krad: Thunder Armor :rock:!

I've took the final upgrade to Willpower, the Scourge of Heretics talent, two upgrades to Toughness, and another rank in Psyniscience.

Bastion is going to be as happy and angry as a furious clam.

Edit
Not taking Artificer armor.

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Feb 25, 2018

susan
Jan 14, 2013
So after Artificer Armor (60 Req), Lightning Claws (45 Req), and an Adamantine Mantle (50 Req), looks like I have 45 left over if anyone wants to borrow some for a nice big weapon to shoot Heretics in the face with.

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Remember to do armour rolls for your new suits, artificer gets 2 throws, terminator gets 1.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Moonwolf posted:

Remember to do armour rolls for your new suits, artificer gets 2 throws, terminator gets 1.

Would they get History rolls though? They're new :P .

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

You get history rolls for new artificer armour, which you can have if you're a techmarine who made it yourself. Also, req:
Omni-tool 25
Jump Pack 15
Artificer Armour - Thy Strength Be Legend +10 Str, Blood of a Battle Brother +1 cohesion 60
Master Crafted Thunder Hammer 60
Salamnders' Mantle 20
Prometheans' Blessing 10
Vox Caster 10

Moonwolf fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Feb 25, 2018

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

You know what, Bastion's armor is a relic and he's happy with that. I'll grab an Adamantine Mantle instead, and that leaves 10 points left over.

Do we want to set up a Signum and Links with our spare points so we can gang up on everyone? Looks like we've got 55 left over so far, that's enough for one Signum and a Link...not like we can use any more bonuses, though.

190/200
060 Duty's End, Imperial Fist Relic Storm Shield
050 Adamantine Mantle
050 Force Sword (Mastercrafted)
015 Psychic Hood
015 Jump Pack

JcDent
May 13, 2013

???/200
Artificer Armor - 60 (Armor History gives me +5 WS/-5 BS, +2 Crit Damage and 1 more magnitude damage to hordes)
Iron Halo - 40
Astartes Executioner Axe - 25
Vengeance rounds (probably stolen Alpha Legion prototypes) - 25
Vortex Grenade - N/A, but I'm sure I can find one!

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Grabbed Artificer Armor, history rolls got Last Survivor (+1 Fate Point) and Lead from the Front (+1 Cohesion)

Also picked up an Iron Halo for 40, Redemption of St Sulech for 40, and then re-upped my ammo and dumb horse friend's equipment with the rest.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Sorry you had to duck out there Rip Van, but we were pretty much at the end of things. Kalderich did manage to do 176 wounds of damage to the terminator on his next attack, which was pretty neat. Once the sorcerer wasn't there to provide psychic shielding, Bastion pretty much cleared the board with one more push. That just left Pugin, who was so sad about his ten millenia-long plot dissolving, everybody had a chance to stand around and decide who would get the final blow. (Tychon took it.)

Then Inquisitor Lexington got back on the radio, and said the whole mess was being cleaned up by the Inquisition's Ordo Chronos, which he hadn't really thought existed up until now. Without a clear path home, the team was given the option to enter a Webway portal to try and find a way back to their own time/wander endlessly, but everybody more or less decided to find a glorious end in the fields of Terra. And that was that for Kill-Team Sigma.

There was some chat about what people wanted to try next, with several votes for Traveller. Feel free to organize in here, I'll close it once we organize enough to get a new thread going.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Eponymous posted:

Sorry you had to duck out there Rip Van, but we were pretty much at the end of things. Kalderich did manage to do 176 wounds of damage to the terminator on his next attack, which was pretty neat. Once the sorcerer wasn't there to provide psychic shielding, Bastion pretty much cleared the board with one more push. That just left Pugin, who was so sad about his ten millenia-long plot dissolving, everybody had a chance to stand around and decide who would get the final blow. (Tychon took it.)

Then Inquisitor Lexington got back on the radio, and said the whole mess was being cleaned up by the Inquisition's Ordo Chronos, which he hadn't really thought existed up until now. Without a clear path home, the team was given the option to enter a Webway portal to try and find a way back to their own time/wander endlessly, but everybody more or less decided to find a glorious end in the fields of Terra. And that was that for Kill-Team Sigma.

There was some chat about what people wanted to try next, with several votes for Traveller. Feel free to organize in here, I'll close it once we organize enough to get a new thread going.

Sorry for disappearing - pet emergency - and for generally having been The Flaky Player for this campaign.

I certainly didn't expect y'all to stop the finale just because I had to run. I'm glad we got things wrapped up in a satisfying way. Sounds like a fitting end. Thanks for GMing, it was really great!

I'd be willing to run some short stuff in the interim if someone needs time to prep something longer, I've been reading over Fragged Empire recently and I'm an Iron Kingdoms enthusiast, so I can throw some one-shots of those together if anyone wants to try them out. I probably don't have time to GM an entire campaign since I'm already running two, but I can certainly do short stuff.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Fragged would be interesting, even if I know very little about it.

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

I have FE and would be interested in giving it a go, it looks like it does the battlemap thing pretty well, certainly better than 40k's 'everything is either trivially close or at absurd range' thing that made maps really hard. Also the races are cool.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

FE seems quite neat! Anybody want to stake a claim to this Sunday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Played a game of FE that didn't really take off, I can always recycle my character if I've still got it.

For Traveller, I'm not sure what people want to focus on - it's pretty open-ended.

• Locked thread