Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Moey posted:

That looks awesome.

Ate some Culver's last week (don't have them anywhere near me). Double butter burger with bacon and some fried curds.

gently caress yeah, good call. Culvers alwyas hits the burg spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

My go-to burger recipe is ground beef with grated cheddar, yellow mustard, and worcestershire sauce all mixed together before being formed into patties.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Sexy burgs

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Haschel Cedricson posted:

My go-to burger recipe is ground beef with grated cheddar, yellow mustard, and worcestershire sauce all mixed together before being formed into patties.

Pics or it didn’t happen.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Moey posted:

That looks awesome.

Ate some Culver's last week (don't have them anywhere near me). Double butter burger with bacon and some fried curds.

I'm so sad I didn't get this when I was in Texas.

I did get this though:

there were a couple more actual burgers in the bag. I don't know why I didn't take pictures. I am sorry.

I'm still pretty upset I didn't get to go on a food tour of Dallas.
Not as upset as I am about not sleeping or eating for 2 straight days though but enough e/n bullshit. this is the burg thread!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I see you are a pro tier whataburger since you are ordering yours on the texas toast!!

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I'm so sad I didn't get this when I was in Texas.

I did get this though:

Didn't snap a pic, but I did get a Triple Whataburger with cheese and bacon while down there. I thought I was going to have a heart attack halfway through.

It was glorious.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Gwaihir posted:

I see you are a pro tier whataburger since you are ordering yours on the texas toast!!

This is the very reason to go to Whataburger :colbert:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Once I get back to Australia I'll post the numerous burgers ive eaten on my us roadtrip.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

A meme, and a charlatan of good food.
Still would though...

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Quick cut after slicing it in half, grill marks on the inside of the bun, a sloppy cover-up of a rare burg. He was ashamed of his burg, a true sin.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I made a simple smashburg a lil while back but it tasted very good and was photogenic I guess

burg'd with cheddar, bacon, pickles, pickled jalapenos

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Fffff that cheese glows with cheesy

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

I made a simple smashburg a lil while back but it tasted very good and was photogenic I guess

burg'd with cheddar, bacon, pickles, pickled jalapenos

More like bellygenic to me.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Nebelwerfer posted:

that is loving beautiful

word

I had a Culver's double bacon the other day...good god drat thats some serious burg

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
I made a burger!

A salmon burger!

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
:getout:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
What he said^

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Just had an Impossible Foods burger. It was tasty as gently caress. I'd buy this a lot if it was sold in stores.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
... Is that a cup of mayo?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Is that for the fries? Those fries... the texture looks phenomenal. Fries. Fries. Fries.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
My regular burger recipe is meat + 3/4 tbsp fish sauce per pound + generous sprinkling of McCormick's hamburger seasoning, but what I really want to do is figure out how to make a Culver's butterburger copycat. Do they taste so good just because of how the buns are fried?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Either way I'm gonna try putting mayo'd buns in a toaster like that goon said because it's just crazy enough to work.

Edit: it did not work

Jewel Repetition fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 15, 2018

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Gamerofthegame posted:

... Is that a cup of mayo?

It was like 3oz of aioli yes. I ate like a tenth of that with my fries.

Brawnfire posted:

Is that for the fries? Those fries... the texture looks phenomenal. Fries. Fries. Fries.

Yeah, they're some of the best fries in Madison. Double fried, super crunchy on the outside, creamy inside.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

My regular burger recipe is meat + 3/4 tbsp fish sauce per pound + generous sprinkling of McCormick's hamburger seasoning, but what I really want to do is figure out how to make a Culver's butterburger copycat. Do they taste so good just because of how the buns are fried?

Culvers butterburgers are super simple. 80/20 smashed as flat as you can go, salt/pepper, american cheese, pickle, onion, and a smear of good butter on the bun before toasting it on the flat top.

They have a special blend of sirloin/chuck/plate, but it always tastes just as delicious when I use 80/20 chuck at home.

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 16, 2018

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Casu Marzu posted:

Just had an Impossible Foods burger. It was tasty as gently caress. I'd buy this a lot if it was sold in stores.

I tired one of those in the airport in Vegas (as well as impossible meat cigars in a vegan restaurant in LAW called Crossroads) it's really really close to actual meat it just lacks the density, it crusts up nicely like a real burger and has a decent flavour.

I did find it funny that the place in vegas sold all of them with a slice of dairy cheese.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Didn't even read the posts about Culvers from the last night but somehow they must of been channeled into me because I just had a Culver's double with bacon last night. :toot:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Gaz2k21 posted:

I tired one of those in the airport in Vegas (as well as impossible meat cigars in a vegan restaurant in LAW called Crossroads) it's really really close to actual meat it just lacks the density, it crusts up nicely like a real burger and has a decent flavour.

I did find it funny that the place in vegas sold all of them with a slice of dairy cheese.

I was trying to figure out how to describe what it was lacking and density feels right. The Flavor is spot on and it smashes fantastically, but yeah it's not as dense as the equivalent beef.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Gaz2k21 posted:

The Impossible Burger isn't really marketed towards vegetarians or vegans, but rather to meat eaters who are looking to eat less beef. I haven't heard anything bad about it (mostly ok to good), maybe I'll go grab one from The Counter...

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Was going to get a burg. Walked a mile to burg store. Turns out burg store closed. :negative:

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Bogart posted:

Was going to get a burg. Walked a mile to burg store. Turns out burg store closed. :negative:

FeelsBadMan

We haven't got a hoagie thread on SA have we? Gonna post a gently caress ugly Phillycheese attempt tonight in here if not...

It's nearly a burger right? :)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Bogart posted:

Was the name of the place Nothingburger?

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.

Jamsta posted:

FeelsBadMan

We haven't got a hoagie thread on SA have we? Gonna post a gently caress ugly Phillycheese attempt tonight in here if not...

I don't know if people want to see it (I do) but now I know what I'm making tomorrow!

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Why would you post a sandwich in a burger thread?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jamsta posted:

FeelsBadMan

If it is ugly, it goes here - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766830

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Ranter posted:

Why would you post a sandwich in a burger thread?

Do we have a sandwich thread? Do I know how to search? Shall I post on Reddit? Where is my catte?

Do be decided if it's that bad :)

Snorkzilla posted:

I don't know if people want to see it (I do) but now I know what I'm making tomorrow!

Excellent!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Colostomy Bag posted:

Was the name of the place Nothingburger?

It was called Samwich.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

15 cheese slices in a pan. Melted. Gonna do by burgers like this next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jamsta posted:

15 cheese slices in a pan. Melted. Gonna do by burgers like this next time.

Would, FWIW.