Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Bee posted:

Xenoverse 3 better have a story mode full of What Ifs finally.

If by "What If" you mean "What if Jiren had a purple aura" then yes, it will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Flytrap posted:

There are people that are pissed because they want Xenoverse 3 instead and think it's 'stealing' from it despite being made by a completely different company and also having it been confirmed that Xenoverse 3 is being worked on right now.

So, just dumbasses.

Xenoverse plays like rear end

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Listen, what if Raditz DIDN’T get hit by Piccolo’s slinkybeam!?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Real hurthling! posted:

it really, truly does

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I'm not going to look at Xenoverse again until it cuts down on the grind by like 90%, which is to say I'm not going to look at Xenoverse again.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Squallege posted:

Listen, what if Raditz DIDN’T get hit by Piccolo’s slinkybeam!?

Ok, but hear me out. What if a neon piss yellow Frieza wearing shades and a thong kept stepping into every single significant moment of Goku and Co.'s lives and essentially beat every bad guy on their behalf.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Excuse you Golden Chilly Billy is a friend and ally to the Z Warriors

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Real hurthling! posted:

Who gives a poo poo? I don’t play Xenoverse for the stellar gameplay, I play it because I get to make my own Goku at 2am drunk off my rear end and punch dudes without having to put literally any thought into it. It fills a completely different niche than this game and I’m glad both exist, they don’t need to compete with each other

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what if raditz was good?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

The best way to explain the game is that it plays just like Dragon Ball Z. Imagine the most direct way to translate the show's feel into a 2D fighter, and you have Dragon Ball FighterZ.

Except for the 3vs3 part.

Endorph posted:

what if raditz was good?
I enjoyed that what if story, it was in one of the Budokai games wasn't it?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Wrist Watch posted:

Who gives a poo poo? I don’t play Xenoverse for the stellar gameplay, I play it because I get to make my own Goku at 2am drunk off my rear end and punch dudes without having to put literally any thought into it. It fills a completely different niche than this game and I’m glad both exist, they don’t need to compete with each other

yeah it's just a video game nobody cares how it plays or anything, you know, like the interactive part of the media, like who cares about that anyway? only an idiot that's who

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I do t think it plays that terribly but it definitely gets frustrating

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Wrist Watch posted:

me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terper posted:

I enjoyed that what if story, it was in one of the Budokai games wasn't it?
yeah but also there's a like 10 part youtube series where a guy basically describes his fanfic of the idea

not even making fun of that guy its just funny to see 'what if raditz was good? part 10' with photoshopped super saiyan blue raditz

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

yeah it's just a video game nobody cares how it plays or anything, you know, like the interactive part of the media, like who cares about that anyway? only an idiot that's who

sometimes you don't want depth or challenge sometimes you just wanna drunkenly mash a combo into a kamehameha to get cute clothes :shrug:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
There's a community of people who are very serious about 1v1 Xenoverse battles and it's hilarious

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dias posted:

sometimes you don't want depth or challenge sometimes you just wanna drunkenly mash a combo into a kamehameha to get cute clothes :shrug:

This would be more valid if Xenoverse's AI weren't such shitters to begin with. I never got more than halfway through the first game and I wouldn't describe it as easy by any stretch.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Xenoverse isn't even easy mode dumb fun, there's some incredibly unfair fights in the story mode and the only way to get around them is to just grind poo poo and try to cheese you way to victory.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My favorite thing is using one of my ultimate attacks for the cpu to instantly teleport behind me and wreck my stamina

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Xenoverse ticks my character customization and OC fanfic boxes, but gameplay-wise it's just an action figure sandbox.

But with the new Naruto Shinobi Strikers coming up, I hope it inspires a wave of OC-based anime games.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
some fights are bs but xv2 is mostly okay if you pick specials you can combo into, it doesn't have the stupid saiyan hell challenges

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also as long as you stay away from the raids.

Those are garbage.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

What's the highest rank you've seen so far. I got matched with someone with over 410k points with the supreme kai rank already.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

The only fights in XV2 that stood out to me as being particularly bad were the one story one with Frieza/Cooler where they turn the AI difficulty up several notches out of nowhere, and this other random side quest that makes you fight a 1v3 against 3 cpus with the good AI that doesn’t let you pick them off one by one easily, which appears way too early in the game when your numbers probably aren’t big enough to deal with it properly

Everything else seemed really braindead easy to me, but I might have just been getting lucky with my build that completely ignored everything that wasn’t strike moves? I’ll admit it’s a really shallow game but I wasn’t expecting people to hate the gameplay this much. The raids suck tho

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

This would be more valid if Xenoverse's AI weren't such shitters to begin with. I never got more than halfway through the first game and I wouldn't describe it as easy by any stretch.

Xenoverse is genuinely really easy though. The AI is lovely but you have access to such absurdly overpowered combinations it isn't even funny. Like in Xenoverse 1 the human class can trivially set up infinite punch combos and make themselves almost immune to everything and Xenoverse 2 toned down the super armor which was the biggest barrier to making GBS threads on the AI.

The hardest part of Xenoverse 1 was the mission where they tossed a billion Super Saiyans at you at once and that is because Super Saiyans were ridiculous unless you were immune to kamehamehas.

Edit: There's also a Bardock fight that sucks but mostly because the FRIENDLY AI is lovely as hell.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 15, 2018

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

There's that fight in Xenoverse 1 where you and Time Patrol Trunks have to fight Beerus and Whis that's kind of bullshit.

Like I guess a fight against those characters should be ridiculous but still.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

The hardest part of Xenoverse 1 was the mission where they tossed a billion Super Saiyans at you at once and that is because Super Saiyans were ridiculous unless you were immune to kamehamehas.
True warriors cleared that without Tien's Z-Soul. :colbert:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Terper posted:

Except for the 3vs3 part.

True, but even that is arguably accurate as during fights it's multiple characters taking turns at once with one occasionally jumping in to help in the fight. The latest Arc is a perfect example of this.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kongming posted:

What's the highest rank you've seen so far. I got matched with someone with over 410k points with the supreme kai rank already.

I got matched with someone that's Demon and they stomped my rear end in.

Also I'm learning that there's way more PS4 DBZ gamertags then I thought. I've seen <Jiren>, WeedGoku420, SayianSwagger, ItsMeGoku and more.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm actually willing to believe Toriyama designed this thing.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

ImpAtom posted:

Edit: There's also a Bardock fight that sucks but mostly because the FRIENDLY AI is lovely as hell.

That's the sort of thing I found myself getting the most frustrated with really. Most battles could be cheesed in some form or other by changing my build up.

There was absolutely fug all I could do about lovely AI for team members who were underlevelled, underpowered and had a death wish.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

There was absolutely fug all I could do about lovely AI for team members who were underlevelled, underpowered and had a death wish.

Sounds like a pretty accurate portrayal of the show.

Sgt. Goku
Sep 29, 2007

"Thank you!"
This game is pretty cool and I look forward to being able to play a practice mode where I can actually learn combos instead of just hammering buttons and quartercircle motions. I'm also strangely loving the weird clash of music styles, where it feels like Arcsys is balancing their traditional buttrock with the dragonball love of blaring horn sections.

Still kinda sucks this comes out the same day as Monster Hunter World though. Goodbye, weekends!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm actually willing to believe Toriyama designed this thing.

Because he did!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Gohan's bizarre headwear was such a dragon ball Institution

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Id ride the poo poo out of a stomp cycle

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Vakal posted:

Sounds like a pretty accurate portrayal of the show.

The show didn't make me redo everything from the beginning every time the loser squad got themselves Yamcha'd!

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I liked the part in xenoverse 2 where a bunch of metal coolers swarm the cell games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

The show didn't make me redo everything from the beginning every time the loser squad got themselves Yamcha'd!
Why do you think DBZ kept resetting to Raditz?