Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I'm pretty sure it would require Trudeau personally committing a sex crime, such that his image as "dreamy progressive feminist" is irrevocably tarnished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Aug 26, 2018

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I am optimistic that Scheer will never be prime minister but given that Harper was for nearly a decade I'm not completely confident in demographic trends just yet.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Tighclops posted:

lol if you think the worst possible outcome is impossible

lol to you.

This

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

eXXon posted:

I am optimistic that Scheer will never be prime minister but given that Harper was for nearly a decade I'm not completely confident in demographic trends just yet.

I could see the appeal of Harper.

Scheer seems like a box of frozen chicken strips left out on the chicken counter and now its just a soggy pool of botulism.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Scheer seems like a box of frozen chicken strips left out on the chicken counter and now its just a soggy pool of botulism.

Ew

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Scheer really feels like he was focus-grouped by a group of people who thought having no personality was why Harper kept winning.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

eXXon posted:

Harper, lacking even the faintest charisma or anything else, had ambition. Sheer looks for all the world like a box of hair just going through the motions.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

James Baud posted:

While we're throwing around words we only know the existence of due to US politics, was the final verdict that it's okay to use niggardly or is it effectively off limits until the end of time?

Dotard means ‘old and senile person’ which isn’t even close using ‘friend of the family’ you massive sack of poo poo

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Aug 26, 2018

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

infernal machines posted:

I'm pretty sure it would require Trudeau personally committing a sex crime, such that his image as "dreamy progressive feminist" is irrevocably tarnished.

Nah, it'd be her fault or about how she's blowing things way out of proportion like the time in the house of commons that he elbowed an MP in the tit.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

James Baud posted:

Quoted for self-ownage.

Yeah holy poo poo lol.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

James Baud posted:

Quoted for self-ownage.

All that work to bait the hook and they just go and throw themselves into the boat.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Nah, it'd be her fault or about how she's blowing things way out of proportion like the time in the house of commons that he elbowed an MP in the tit.

What if Omar Khadr committed the sex crime?

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Leofish posted:

What if Omar Khadr committed the sex crime?

Like run of the mill sex crime or his ex brother in law's Wikipedia history sex crime?

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/former-afghan-captive-revealed-odd-array-of-interests-through-his-obsessive-wikipedia-editing

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Oh, don't get me started on Josh Boyle. What a tangled web that whole mess is.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Stay classy, Alberta!

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/edmonton/red-deer-rcmp-wooden-penis-1.4486459

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/01/12/three-cheers-to-the-ballsy-french-women-who-called-out-the-fury-of-the-metoo-phenomenon.html

I assume most people haven't read that article since I've seen no discussion about it anywhere but I'm a little disappointed to see Rosie Dimanno more or less ranting about SJWs the way you'd expect Blatchford or Wente to do. I don't know why, though, as I can't say that I expected much better.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Have you read anything else DiManno has written in the last decade?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Have you read anything else DiManno has written in the last decade?

Yeah uhhh maybe one column per year? I definitely recognize the aggravating writing style with every other paragraph being a lone incomplete sentence, but I do vaguely recall her trying harder to actually make a coherent point once in a while.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Aug 26, 2018

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
On one hand, wow!

On the other, this is so BC I wasn't surprised hearing about any of that. Eby making it public and ending all of it is actually the part that doesn't feel like home.

Curious how much TV news play this will get.

E: You should crosspost that into the housing thread.

ocrumsprug fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 14, 2018

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Eox posted:

Scheer really feels like he was focus-grouped by a group of people who thought having no personality was why Harper kept winning.

I mean... this is effectively what happened.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Reminder: Scheer won the leadership vote because of anime.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lol 2017 was hosed

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

leftist heap posted:

I mean... this is effectively what happened.

If a lack of personality was what canadians wanted, we'd be neck-deep in the Ignatieff administration right now.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

The CPC should embrace this fully and run all of their election ads next year as anime.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
It would work.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Eox posted:

If a lack of personality was what canadians wanted, we'd be neck-deep in the Ignatieff administration right now.

To be fair, most Canadians don't know what they want. If you really look at a number of prime ministers that we've had, Canadians want a strong man that will lead them and indulge us in our id, as long as we don't go too far and stay within the realm of not being "as bad as the US." Also ideally charismatic, but they don't have to be (cf.Harper, Stephen).

There's a reason why our governing philosophy isn't "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," but "Peace, order, and good government."

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

mojo1701a posted:

There's a reason why our governing philosophy isn't "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," but "Peace, order, and good government."

the god damned loyalists ruined canada for ever

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/scarborough-hijab-attack-1.4487716

This is pretty unfortunate because the social media comment on this are absolutely disgusting and make me regret a little having optimism for the future.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
sometimes kids lie. Too bad the assholes will use this as some kind of counter when future allegations of any kind are brought up.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

"She's lying" was my first reaction but I just didn't like how the story was coming out; hell if I could tell you why. I did the advanced interviewing course but I spent most of it actually thinking about a girl I'd just met back home.

O to be a fly on the wall at that kid's school tomorrow.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

JawKnee posted:

sometimes kids lie. Too bad the assholes will use this as some kind of counter when future allegations of any kind are brought up.

twitter replies are literally blaming Trudeau for caving to the entirety of muslims trying to invade canada

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I’m glad nobody else got caught up in it and hopefully everyone will be able to move on.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

I’m glad nobody else got caught up in it and hopefully everyone will be able to move on.

Lol please, have you seen how dumb and petty and racist a good chunk of this country is

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

twitter replies are literally blaming Trudeau for caving to the entirety of muslims trying to invade canada

I mean, they were doing that regardless

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Helsing posted:

People mourn the loss of CI but imho Postess with the Mostest's trolling game is far more sophisticated

Eh, it's just lovely rehashes of what PT6A has said four years earlier, like way back when said it would be fine if the police murdered me for participating in the same set of demonstrations.

I will say that while it's fine that guy some money for getting blinded by the police, the fact that this guy hasn't gotten the support he needs is a far more serious indictment of this country:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/quebec-mosque-shooting-survivor-paralyzed/article37301950/

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 15, 2018

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

flakeloaf posted:

"She's lying" was my first reaction but I just didn't like how the story was coming out; hell if I could tell you why. I did the advanced interviewing course but I spent most of it actually thinking about a girl I'd just met back home.

O to be a fly on the wall at that kid's school tomorrow.

I was thinking that the kid was late for school or something and lied to cover for herself then it kinda of snowballed into what it did, all kids do it and I feel sorry that all the racists are going to come out of the woodwork to harass her for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Wait I missed this and just saw the jokes.

Did anime actually play a role somehow?