Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

I suspect that Jeremy Borash might be working with them in some (not official) capacity. He was at their first show and, very unusually, wasn't at the Impact tapings the night that Arolucha ran against them this week.

Borash is still linked to the still on the table Live Audio Wrestling radio show return.

You are still probably right though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Billionaire Ted is BACK IN THE RASSLIN BUSINESS

http://www.thasportsjunkies101.com/wrestling-news/indies/nwa-tbs-negotiate-tv-deal

quote:

The National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) might return to the TBS network after well over three decades.

Former Impact Wrestling President, Billy Corgan is reportedly in talks with TBS to air NWA shows on TBS.

quote:

We’re talking to NWA as we speak and if the right model comes into play. Hopefully, we’ll be able to obtain it; it’s possible. We feel like we’re playing with the house’s money. We have the schedule that we wanted, [which is] late afternoons. Is it possible that we pick up a couple [of] extra broadcast? It’s possible. We are talking with NWA, but TBS are only interested in deals that provide good value. Late afternoons with the NWA broadcasting is what we are looking at; 5:00pm – 8:30pm.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

...don't you need a roster to run a wrestling show though?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

that's the easiest thing to produce

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Jerusalem posted:

...don't you need a roster to run a wrestling show though?

the NWA will find itself a roster real quick if this is real.
(I refuse to believe this is real).

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

ChrisBTY posted:

the NWA will find itself a roster real quick if this is real.

What are we thinking? Crimson, obviously. Chris Mordetsky just became available. Bram, Gunner, Samuel Shaw. Then, episode one, the shocking debut of Alex Riley!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Wasn't TBS interested in airing some WWE programming last year?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Explosions posted:

What are we thinking? Crimson, obviously. Chris Mordetsky just became available. Bram, Gunner, Samuel Shaw. Then, episode one, the shocking debut of Alex Riley!

It really depends how much money is budgeted from TBS

Right now TBS's afternoon schedule is nothing but reruns of Seth McFarlane shows and old sitcoms

If they're looking to create original programming that would draw a better rating than what they're showing now, the bar is set very low

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

EugeneJ posted:

It really depends how much money is budgeted from TBS

Right now TBS's afternoon schedule is nothing but reruns of Seth McFarlane shows and old sitcoms

If they're looking to create original programming that would draw a better rating than what they're showing now, the bar is set very low

Oh yeah wow. I didn't know how far TBS had fallen since I don't really pay attention to TV.
Mind you, I still think Cleveland Show reruns will trounce any potential NWA programming.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

Oh yeah wow. I didn't know how far TBS had fallen since I don't really pay attention to TV.
Mind you, I still think Cleveland Show reruns will trounce any potential NWA programming.

TBS is a top 10 cable station.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Then why is it dicking around with this company?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

Then why is it dicking around with this company?

I don't want to doubt the scoops of Tha Sports Junkies 101 but copy and pasting a 3 month old article isn't exactly convincing.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Their chances of getting on TBS dried up the second they took the belt off of Tim Storm

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MassRafTer posted:

I don't want to doubt the scoops of Tha Sports Junkies 101 but copy and pasting a 3 month old article isn't exactly convincing.

How was this even a rumor?
This seems about as likely to happen as President Robobama giving his 2039 state of the union on the moon.
Did Corgan bullshit some fake leak hoping somebody would pick it up and think his company was a bigger deal than it was.
Actually even if that isn't exactly it it makes way too much sense.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Has it occurred to anyone that Billy might be loving crazy?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

How was this even a rumor?
This seems about as likely to happen as President Robobama giving his 2039 state of the union on the moon.
Did Corgan bullshit some fake leak hoping somebody would pick it up and think his company was a bigger deal than it was.
Actually even if that isn't exactly it it makes way too much sense.

A website no one has heard of made up a story months ago and attributed quotes to a made up person. Then 3 months later another site decided "hey lets post this rumor too!" Then Eugene Jerome believed it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

MassRafTer posted:

A website no one has heard of made up a story months ago and attributed quotes to a made up person. Then 3 months later another site decided "hey lets post this rumor too!" Then Eugene Jerome believed it.

Falling rapidly down the Eugene intelligence rankings.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Although it did bring something to my attention.

TBS is 23 hours of reruns and Conan apparently.
How is it a Top-10 cable network?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ChrisBTY posted:

have you seen the others?

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

ChrisBTY posted:

Cable's not in a great place right now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV stations are just holding pens for sex perverts and violent offenders, anyway.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

They have some original series and Primetime are the numbers that matter.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I received a preview of the empty arena match. I've no idea if is good or bad. It is a backyard match in the IMPACT zone.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

I received a preview of the empty arena match. I've no idea if is good or bad. It is a backyard match in the IMPACT zone.

Tim Storm uses how many light tubes?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sadly not but Tim Storm is Liam Neeson in Taken x Zandig

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rovert posted:

It is a backyard match in the IMPACT zone.

So basically the average match in the IMPACT zone

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Didn't Norman Smiley happen upon a backyard fed in one of the recent mid-2000 nitros we watched

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I've never liked wrestling without a crowd unless it's all backstage brawling. I just find guys doing spots in a ring with no reaction unsettling, which is why I barely watch Raw anymore.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the best wrestling is when it's 8 people in the audience and 3 of them are little kids so the wrestlers keep acting really loving mean to the little kids for "cool boy heat" and the Little kids decide never to go see that loving bullshit ever again even if they are the best thing in pike county

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

Sadly not but Tim Storm is Liam Neeson in Taken x Zandig

Will it air on TBS

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/953004182792998912

lmao jesus

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

That's an HGH thing right

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?

RZApublican posted:

That's an HGH thing right

Huge Grandpa Head?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

https://youtu.be/YsKqNCnTi20

Match is up.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I'm really enjoying watching Tim Storm gently toss Jocephus in the general direction of stairs and barriers.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Match has it all, no psychology, terrible execution, horrible structure and really bad acting.

All in front of no crowd.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

MassRafTer posted:

Match has it all, no psychology, terrible execution, horrible structure and really bad acting.

All in front of no crowd.

You could say it is the... Perfect Storm

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when i was a very young child i used to call my friend "jophus" instead of joseph, being a little dumb rear end idiot. That reminds me of the wrestler on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ConnorJA_/status/953024145549348866