Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
In retrospect you have to wonder what the Attitude Era WrestleManias might have looked like if they had access to all the older guys who had gone to WCW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How part-timery were Shawn and Taker when they main evented?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Minidust posted:

In retrospect you have to wonder what the Attitude Era WrestleManias might have looked like if they had access to all the older guys who had gone to WCW.

Let's see:

About Mike Tyson
About The Corporation
About The McMahons
Austin Joins Vince
HHH/Jericho technically was last (and about Stephanie), but the real main event was Rock/Hogan

Not really that different from nowadays?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Minidust posted:

They'd look like WM 18!

Or even 14 since the show was built around Austin vs Tyson (featuring guest star The Heart Break Kid.)

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
If you face Seth Rollins, you get injured.
If you tag team with Rollins, you get injured.
His powers are growing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're going to test the extent of his powers to see how many of the 29 other rumble participants are injured.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

JamMasterJim posted:

If you face Seth Rollins, you get injured.
If you tag team with Rollins, you get injured.
His powers are growing.

Also if you are Seth Rollins, you get injured.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

MassRafTer posted:

Or even 14 since the show was built around Austin vs Tyson (featuring guest star The Heart Break Kid.)
Ha, that is a fair point.

VJeff posted:

IIRC they were still fixtures on weekly TV, though I have no idea if they were active on house show tours. Taker had taken some time off but I think it was just due to injuries. The HHH/Taker buildup for 27 is kinda where it became "WrestleMania season, time for Taker to show up!".

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VJeff posted:

Shawn worked very few house shows but was a fairly regular character on TV in the months leading up to the rematch although he took several months off the year before leading up to DX reforming. Undertaker worked more dates but would get stretches where he was off house shows.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

They'd look like WM 18!

On an unrelated note, did HBK ever actually get pinned clean by Austin?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

VJeff posted:

On an unrelated note, did HBK ever actually get pinned clean by Austin?

I'm 99% sure no. They didn't have him pin HBK clean in the Mania leadup for obvious reasons, then HBK was gone until Austin was done.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Wasn't the actual WM14 pin clean? The whole HBK/Tyson bit was after the match.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Yeah it was a sequence of Sweet Chin Music/Stunner reversals and Austin hit the stunner. Tyson counted the pin though and it was a fast count. I don't know if it was intentional or Tyson just kinda hosed up because he was excited.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 15, 2018

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It didn't end up mattering in the end because HBK was gone the next night and Hunter recruited a returning Waltman to kick off the new, lame babyface version of DX.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Yeah it was a sequence of Sweet Chin Music/Stunner reversals and Austin hit the stunner. Tyson counted the pin though and it was a fast count. I don't know if it was intentional or Tyson just kinda hosed up because he was excited.

It was probably his lack of experience as a ref. But it got the job done so nobody had to care.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

If people keep getting injured at this rate then they are going to have to call up a bunch of NXT guys early for Roman to eliminate in the Rumble.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i have a feeling raw is going to suck poo poo tonight

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lots of buzz going into tonight's episode of Raw

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

what six man tag will main event THIS raw

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I would like it if the royal rumble has a lot of Legends in it. imagine roddy piper, jimmy snuka, curt hennig, andre the giant, eddie guerrero, chris kanyon, doctor death, owen hart, viscera, the big bossman, earthquake, the british bulldog, Test, chris candido, Brian adams, umaga, chris benoit, rick rude, mike awesome, balls mahoney, road warrior hawk, brian pillman, sean o'haire, kerry von erich, bam bam bigelow, yokozuna, crash holly, lance cade, as well as cousin of the rock and roman reigns, Jacob Fatu. And more. Imagine them all kissing and asking to kiss me

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
IIRC last year had basically no nostalgia entries, I wonder if they'll go back and have a few this year

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I hope Mike Kanellis is in the Rumble

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I wish Mike Kanellis threw blue or pink gender reveal powder in his opponent's face instead of making a gender reveal video for WWE.com

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Feels Villeneuve posted:

IIRC last year had basically no nostalgia entries, I wonder if they'll go back and have a few this year

Because they were all on the poster.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey Rovert, how reliable are these scoopsmen?

https://twitter.com/PWStream/status/952959550587580421

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JR and Lawler back Raw 25

Darkstar are you excited for the potential/horror of Lawler commentating an Asuka match

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

a new study bible! posted:

Apparently it's the longest running episodic tv show on television

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
RAW is the place to be if you want to watch wrestling on Monday night. Three solid hours of great wrestling action, every week. What a show.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

JR and Lawler back Raw 25

Darkstar are you excited for the potential/horror of Lawler commentating an Asuka match

Considering I've learned to tune out Jerry Lawler commentary, not really. Same with JR, since he's lost his touch.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

a new study bible! posted:

Hell yeah love some buzz

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Finally, Buzz Lightyear debuts on Raw.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol just lol if you're watching Raw instead of Cavs/Warriors tonight

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Benne posted:

But the BUZZ, dude!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

I don't watch any sportsball games. :colbert:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Benne posted:

Sorry, I don't watch predetermined sporting exhibitions.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Imagine watching regular season basketball

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Imagine watching basketball

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Only TV I'm watching tonight is an HBO replay of Fate of the Furious

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It seems like you guys keep on saying "Raw is bad." in this thread, hundreds of times each. I feel like you should be stopped from doing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I think it's fine as long as the reasons for Raw being bad are outlined, rather than simply stating "Raw is Bad" over and over and over and over

• Locked thread