Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

This is a great example of how The Lion keeps his country safe from wahabi cockroaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
That cartoon had me googling Assad to see if he had a weird shadow mustache, turns out yes he has a weird shadow mustache.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
i support the fsa, you islamaphobes

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://youtu.be/I8dGF6Od7nA

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Picturesque and in distress in.
Syria!
It's scarier.
Strong and broken - it's true.
Syria!
I'm serious.
I'm looking out for -
Ghostly horizons etched in -
Syria!
It's scarier.
The everlasting portion of the pie-stuck-in-the-sky-and out to dry...

And the wheel goes on ...
With miles and miles from my gun.
Turn it up-up, turn it!
Turn it up-up, turn it up-up, turn it!
Far fetched and flung ...
Turn it up-up, turn it!

I got my own morale-a-mill.
From Syria.
Hysteria.
Oh, you ate the seed before the meal!
Stare, Slam, how dare they
YOU ate the words write out of my mouth! (Huh)
Syria.
The ever lasting portion of the pie-stuck-in-the-sky-hung out to dry.

And the wheel goes on ...
Turn it up-up, turn it!
Star-struck and slung ...
Turn it up-up, turn it!

Bright-with-the-frighten-eyeline,
At Syria!
Hysteria!
Brown-with-a-doubt-in-his-mind.
Syria.
It's scarier
But what is he in for?
Ghostly horizons etched in,
Syria
It's Scarier!
The everlasting fortune that,
Syria.
It's scarier!

Turn it
Up-up-up!
Turn it
Up-up-up!
Turn it
Up-up-up!
Turn it
Up-up-up!
Turn it
Up-up-up!
Turn it
Up-up-up!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Don't pull the thang out, unless you plan to bang
Bombs over Damascus!
Yeah, Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something
Bombs over Damascus!
Don't pull the thang out, unless you plan to bang
Bombs over Damascus!
Yeah, Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something
Bombs over Damascus!

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

HorrificExistence posted:

i support the fsa, you islamaphobes

Well in that case.

Have fun.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

:salt:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i dont think syrian young adults have quite the same crispness to their carbonation

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/952878988061564929

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
if you had a time machine that could take you to like a few months before the protests in syria broke out, would you:

a) try to talk the protestors out of it. "okay guys i know this poo poo sucks and all, but you just have to lie down and take it. it's for your own good. of course i know better than you loving selfish dipshits, gently caress you"

or

b) try to convince Assad that he actually needs to call his buddies in Russia and get them to back an immediate, maximum escalation. brutally crush the insurgents before they can gain momentum. "look buddy yeah you're gonna catch a shitload of diplomatic heat and you're probably gonna get economic sanctions and maybe even some noises about crimes against humanity but it's for your own good. of course i know better than you you loving selfish dipshit, gently caress you"

?

(or maybe some comedy c) option like convince obama and putin to jointly mediate the dispute so it doesn't erupt into a crisahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this would never work)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I'd make a fortune gambling on sports.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/Paddington2News/status/953105390002094080

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

if you had a time machine that could take you to like a few months before the protests in syria broke out, would you:

a) try to talk the protestors out of it. "okay guys i know this poo poo sucks and all, but you just have to lie down and take it. it's for your own good. of course i know better than you loving selfish dipshits, gently caress you"

or

b) try to convince Assad that he actually needs to call his buddies in Russia and get them to back an immediate, maximum escalation. brutally crush the insurgents before they can gain momentum. "look buddy yeah you're gonna catch a shitload of diplomatic heat and you're probably gonna get economic sanctions and maybe even some noises about crimes against humanity but it's for your own good. of course i know better than you you loving selfish dipshit, gently caress you"

?

(or maybe some comedy c) option like convince obama and putin to jointly mediate the dispute so it doesn't erupt into a crisahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this would never work)

I would tell Assad the names of the cia funded agitators and then go to Libya with Caro

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

i dont think syrian young adults have quite the same crispness to their carbonation

the syrup hardens over age, losing its viscosity and turning it into caramel

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
syrias frickin sweet, its like player unknown's battlegrounds irl

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
You, angry liberal virgin: Syria is a pockmarked hellscape, Assad needs to go

Me, serene atop my T-26: *posts a picture of Assad taking a stroll down a Damascus park, getting kissed by Syria's hottest men*

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
syria

syriza

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dreylad posted:

syria

syriza

:eyepop:

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Good Boys are advancing against the evil Iranian Empire, god bless the wonderful boys of ISIL for their work

https://twitter.com/CivilWarMap/status/953679019672731648

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Israel's "informal allies" lookin good :thumbsup:

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
alright alright how about this

the lying of dumbass-cuss

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Assad you're a absolute oval office m8

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

anything that pisses off turkey is good, to me.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

turning northeast Syria into a US military base will permanently destabilize the whole region though.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
the whole region is already permanently destabilized

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
turkey invading kurdistan and killing anyone that moves will also destabilize the region

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
if the us wasnt backing the ypg in northern syria turkey and its islamist rebel puppets would be sweeping through

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
right now turkey and its proxies are gearing up for an offensive in afrin. within the next week or so they will be launching it.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

we’re preventing a turkish invasion already without moving in an entire division and building permanent bases that could be used for pretty much anything, because the YPG can’t protest it.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
nothing short of armed troops is going to prevent a turkish invasion, there's no diplomatic promise from them on the issue that can be trusted, because that's how much they hate kurds

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

there are already armed troops there.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
what odds do you put on native kurdish forces repelling a fully armed turkish invasion, operating under a rules of engagement that's basically 'we don't care about kurdish civilians'

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
this isn't like repelling the abu hajaar brigade, we're talking a modern force

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

rudatron posted:

what odds do you put on native kurdish forces repelling a fully armed turkish invasion, operating under a rules of engagement that's basically 'we don't care about kurdish civilians'

rudatron posted:

this isn't like repelling the abu hajaar brigade, we're talking a modern force

Well seeing how badly the Turks did trying to fight ISIS I'd say that their odds are pretty good, but this is all besides the point because there's no basis of necessity for moving in 30,000 American soldiers into Rojava. There's already something like 1,000 US troops there, which have already been enough to prevent Turkish belligerence. This isn't a plan to protect Rojava from being invaded, it's a plan to turn it into another permanently occupied section of the Middle East that the United States can use as a launch pad to attack or invade anywhere else.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
what makes you think turkey, the same country that had a supply line for ISIS running over it's border for basically the entirety of the war, had a genuine interest in fighting ISIS

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
and the basis of necessity is exactly the threat of a turkish invasion, so it's far from 'beside the point', you could say it's incredibly relevant

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

rudatron posted:

and the basis of necessity is exactly the threat of a turkish invasion, so it's far from 'beside the point', you could say it's incredibly relevant

There's no basis for necessity because the US commitment in Rojava is already preventing a Turkish invasion.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

if the us wasnt backing the ypg in northern syria turkey and its islamist rebel puppets would be sweeping through

imagine if the black march continued to this day and you'd have an idea of what it would be like if the united states didn't involve itself in syria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Well seeing how badly the Turks did trying to fight ISIS I'd say that their odds are pretty good

Turks wouldn't bleed themselves to fight ISIS (because they were allies lmao) but Erdogan shall send them to their graves if it means killing the decadent kurd. if they just want to send in the fsa with turkish support as a repeat of the ES campaign then yea, lmao, this is a big pile of nothing...but we'll see what sort of fool erdogan plays himself to be in the next few weeks

quote:

This isn't a plan to protect Rojava from being invaded, it's a plan to turn it into another permanently occupied section of the Middle East that the United States can use as a launch pad to attack or invade anywhere else.

it can be both and its only theoretical at the moment but increasingly likely to occur