Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
The movie I watched the most as a kid was probably The Explorers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Yaws posted:

It's crazy how kids can watch the same movie over and over again and in no way get sick of it.

I did that with Temple of Doom

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
A Goofy Movie. Every day for like a month

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
Boss Baby is weird because it's a kids movie but is also has memory wipes, sleeper agents, corporate espionage, and a company that genetically engineers puppies. Stuff I'd normally associate with cyberpunk or transhuman sci-fi, in a movie about a talking baby.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

RobotDogPolice posted:

Boss Baby is weird because it's a kids movie but is also has memory wipes, sleeper agents, corporate espionage, and a company that genetically engineers puppies. Stuff I'd normally associate with cyberpunk or transhuman sci-fi, in a movie about a talking baby.

The Boss Baby is the future of cinema.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Hey, hey, kids are dumb.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Kids/teens don't recognize cyberpunk as a distinct genre. All the elements have been so normalized it mostly just seems like reality or the generic near-future to them.

That's why the new Blade Runner and Deus Ex games were marketed the way they were. Because kids just expect corporate dystopia now.

Zore fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 13, 2018

Vakal
May 11, 2008

duz posted:

It was on TBS so much, I ended up having multiple copies recorded.

I had all three OT movies jammed onto one VHS using the SLP recording mode.

The video quality was predictably horrid but as a kid I never cared about poo poo like the.

Edit: Unless it was a VHS with boobers in it. Then you want that on SP mode so the tracking lines were reduced during pausing and slow mode.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 13, 2018

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Calaveron posted:

A Goofy Movie. Every day for like a month

That and The Swan Princess, endlessly. I haven’t even thought about that film in years.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/952342813886369792

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dear God.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Man, Bobby's World took them to some dark places

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Last month, my girlfriend got in contact with noted coward Steve Sajdak though Etsy and bought a surplus live show poster to give me for Christmas. Her apartment's main office lost the package, and Steve was about to send her a totally free replacement when it turned back up again. He was really cool through the entire thing, he threw in a free Howard The Duck show poster and even wrote her a note wishing her a happy holidays in the package. We Hate Movies is good people :)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:siren: New BIOOS! :siren:

http://www.blameitonouterspace.com/2018/01/i-ufos-oumuamua-and-their-relation-to.html

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yes, You're gonna eat slime!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Just getting around to listening to the latest Animation Damnation; I love that even Steve's relations keep stepping into the weird Lynchian parallel dimension.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm catching up on BIIOS. I'm on the FEMA Death Camps episode. I am thoroughly impressed that they got Wilford Brimley to guest star.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
We've got Bye Bye Man sign! Not a drill!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

precision posted:

We've got Bye Bye Man sign! Not a drill!

Also Listener Request Month inbound!

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
You can taste Eric's palpable wonder and excitement at talking more about the Bye-Bye Man.

Also, Listener Request Month. Only 10 days to get your submissions in, people. What y'all going to submit for that bad boy?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Captain Hotbutt posted:

You can taste Eric's palpable wonder and excitement at talking more about the Bye-Bye Man.

Also, Listener Request Month. Only 10 days to get your submissions in, people. What y'all going to submit for that bad boy?

Mutha fuckin Cooooobra. Stallone vs a death cult in the most stereotypical 80’s action movie ever. Bonus robot modeling scene.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Fart City posted:

Mutha fuckin Cooooobra. Stallone vs a death cult in the most stereotypical 80’s action movie ever. Bonus robot modeling scene.

He's so badass, he cuts his pizza with scissors. SCISSORS.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

He's so badass, he cuts his pizza with scissors. SCISSORS.

I always found people's (especially Dan Ryckert's) fixation on this utterly baffling: through all my childhood me and my family would use kitchen scissors to cut pizza and I still do for the most part. I haven't seen the movie so I guess he uses office scissors?

Anyway, they better be spammed with requests for Book of Henry.

Edit:vvv Good man.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 16, 2018

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I submitted The Book of Henry because not many movies can claim to have cost a person a Star Wars.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

AceOfFlames posted:

I always found people's (especially Dan Ryckert's) fixation on this utterly baffling: through all my childhood me and my family would use kitchen scissors to cut pizza and I still do for the most part. I haven't seen the movie so I guess he uses office scissors?

Using scissors on pizza isn't super weird or anything. It's that it's treated as some character moment, like he doesn't have time for a fancy pizza cutter or something.

Basically, they put it in the movie for a reason. The question is, why? And that, to me, is what's fascinating about it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Evil Mastermind posted:

Just getting around to listening to the latest Animation Damnation; I love that even Steve's relations keep stepping into the weird Lynchian parallel dimension.

This one also involves a weird dad with a cat. I remember the one he told about a birthday party had a weird dad with a cat on his shoulder like a parrot

Maybe it's the same dad :tinfoil:

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Wasn't it frozen pizza too that Stallone eats fresh out of the freezer?

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Captain Hotbutt posted:

The Pagemaster for the main feed, Fillmore! for AD, and either Exit to Eden or Adventures in Babysitting for the bonus ep.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Mean guns. Christopher lambert ice t and mambo

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Soup du Jour posted:

The Pagemaster for the main feed, Fillmore! for AD, and either Exit to Eden or Adventures in Babysitting for the bonus ep.

Exit to Eden would be a good one

"Let's cram Dan Akroyd and Rosie O' Donnel into this *erotic thriller*"

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Oh man. Akroyd talk really makes me want to request Nothing But Trouble. I know they’ve mentioned it here and there, but I don’t think they’ve ever done an episode on it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hopefully I'll remember to call in Hudson Hawk this year. Because boy howdy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Evil Mastermind posted:

Hopefully I'll remember to call in Hudson Hawk this year. Because boy howdy.

I've said it before, but Mortdecai is almost a beat-for-beat remake of Hudson Hawk and that brings up way more questions than it answers.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I can't believe they're calling Geostorm one of the worst movies of 2017. They said it'd probably be their favorite of the worst of 2017, but still. Geostorm was ridiculously stupid and a ton of fun throughout. I wouldn't even dream of calling it one of the worst of 2017.

The Bye-Bye Man sounds pretty bad from everything I've heard, though.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Was The Bye Bye Man the episode where they were least on topic? Not that I care, but it seemed like they spent a lot of time talking about stuff that wasn't this terrible movie.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

GrandpaPants posted:

Was The Bye Bye Man the episode where they were least on topic? Not that I care, but it seemed like they spent a lot of time talking about stuff that wasn't this terrible movie.

Well, only 3....no, 2.5 things happen in the movie. It's like the ep on Ultraviolet; when abominable quality intersects insufficient quantity, the tangential topics will be more engaging than the usual movie mockery.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

precision posted:

I've said it before, but Mortdecai is almost a beat-for-beat remake of Hudson Hawk and that brings up way more questions than it answers.

The only thing I remember about Mordecai was the ridiculous advertising campaign that was focused solely on Johnny Depp's stupid mustache, to the point of getting into every hash tag on twitter.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Evil Mastermind posted:

The only thing I remember about Mordecai was the ridiculous advertising campaign that was focused solely on Johnny Depp's stupid mustache, to the point of getting into every hash tag on twitter.

Fear not, discussions about his mustache are fully 75% of the film's runtime.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Finally listening to the Bye-Bye Man episode, and am I wrong in saying that this sounds like Candyman with the political themes, Phillip Glass soundtrack, and anything else good surgically extracted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I'd say that there's also a bit of "hey we were making a Slenderman film then had to panic switch." Stuff like the mysterious sickness power just leaps out too much.