Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Holy poo poo this game is good.

Its exactly what's Yooka Laylee should have been. Not only is the platforming fun, every level is designed to be a memorable experience, each unique in its own way. It's the spiritual successor to Banjo Kazooie that we all wanted. It also has a guest appearance of Gabe the Dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

if it comes to the switch i guess i'll buy it, i guess. can't remember the last non-mario 3d platformer i played T.B.Q.H.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

GameCube posted:

can't remember the last non-mario 3d platformer i played T.B.Q.H.
I thought about this and I'm pretty sure mine is Rayman 2

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
It reminds me most of Super Mario Sunshine. You have your hub, your worlds you go to, levels in the world to get your "shrine", some warps to go to platforming areas like the warp pipes. I'd say the way your complete the levels is the main difference. Every way is completely different than the last, instead of collecting x or traveling from point A to point B. You also unlock Hats which give you different powers.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its pretty fun i haven't finished it yet tho even tho it's like 6 hours long.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’ll pick this up at some point OP.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://giant.gfycat.com/TimelyFastAiredale.webm

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I loved this game OP, even though it’s unfortunately short. They’re adding a few more levels as free DLC eventually, thankfully.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I loved this game OP, even though it’s unfortunately short. They’re adding a few more levels as free DLC eventually, thankfully.

Agreed, I'm trying to take my time with it.

I also got it on steam, and it looks like it has a large amount of mod support and there are plenty of fan levels.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

you can opt in for the workshop beta if you don't mind playing lovely reconstructions of mario 64 levels.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Just completed it. Holy poo poo what a good game

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

lmfao im dying 😂😂😂

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I think this is the first game ot make me motion sick

Adbot