Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
Well, thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately fullscreen didn't help. It's like a millisecond hitch every second or two that makes it feel like you're walking with a limp. It's not so terrible that I can't play at all, but in a game that requires as much precision as this does, it's annoying enough that it feels like it's putting me at a serious disadvantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Download DDU, uninstall video drivers, restart into safe mode, use DDU, restart, re-install drivers, restart, then give it a shot

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

The Duggler posted:

Oh god the irony might actually kill me

Excuse me I haven't TK's anyone in weeks!

Thinking about turning off teammate outlines again though... :getin:

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Penpal posted:

Download DDU, uninstall video drivers, restart into safe mode, use DDU, restart, re-install drivers, restart, then give it a shot

Did this. No luck, thanks for the idea though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

caldrax posted:

Well, thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately fullscreen didn't help. It's like a millisecond hitch every second or two that makes it feel like you're walking with a limp. It's not so terrible that I can't play at all, but in a game that requires as much precision as this does, it's annoying enough that it feels like it's putting me at a serious disadvantage.

What's your ping and framerate when hitching happens?
You can turn on that information from game settings.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

keyframe posted:

Thinking about turning off teammate outlines again though... :getin:

lol i want to see hostage matches with tacticool realism mode on

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I got my first Ace a couple night ago. Didn’t even realize I’d done it until after the round when I checked my stats.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

caldrax posted:

Download something like msi afterburner and check your card isn't throttling down or something.

I've seen this before on friends pcs. In one case it was an overheating problem and on another it was the graphics flicking between the GPU and the Intel graphics due to a bad driver.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
My last team kill was when my friendly Blitz ran in front of me while I was shooting at the last OpFor. I shot him in the rear end and still picked up the win. :black101:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Yeah download afterburner and watch your clocks and temp, do the same for your cpu with CPU-Z. I have a friend who has to underclock his GPU because his case has no air flow and he doesn't have a blower gpu, or it throttles and he can't do much with it.

Played a ranked match last night that had one pubbie on our team drop every round, at the start of the round. It was out of his control and we didn't chew him out or anything because he gave decent call outs when he reconnected on cams, but what a dick rip. We did not win. :(

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/mt1yf

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Oh nooo

hahaha i loved it

Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know
So how do the placement matches work? I played a whole one as a boat anchor with people vastly beyond anything in casual. Do they toss you in high ranked games to determine placement?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Homeroom Fingering posted:

So how do the placement matches work? I played a whole one as a boat anchor with people vastly beyond anything in casual. Do they toss you in high ranked games to determine placement?

Yes.
I lost 8 our of 10 placement matches and got placed right in the middle of the skill bell curve.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
I have gone forth into ranked, and I am pleased to report that my irresponsible shenanigans are just as effective there as they were in casual.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008
I've been playing this game on my current setup, which is to say on my TV in my armchair. I'm not sure if I'm doing this the worst way or the best way. I think it might be making a hair slow on the draw, but... armchair...

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'm okay with this.jpg

tjones
May 13, 2005
I really like his flannel but lol at his dayglo gaiters.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

tjones posted:

I really like his flannel but lol at his dayglo gaiters.

I just now noticed oh my god its bad

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors

:sparkles:

First round after I got MVP with 9 kills. Worth every penny.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Guys! Guys guys guys. I've killed people. On more than one occasion. Feels good.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Mercedes posted:

Guys! Guys guys guys. I've killed people. On more than one occasion. Feels good.

Seconded

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Mercedes posted:

I spend the games as a temporary wall raising simulator.

tjones
May 13, 2005

unlawfulsoup posted:

I spend the games as a temporary wall raising simulator.

Same

tokyo_vamp
Jan 17, 2015

poisoned by cowboy killers
saw all those posts a week ago about how bad pubbing is, but honestly i rarely have a bad experience as long as i play with at least one of my friends. ya, there are some dumb shits that'll say some hosed up stuff or act dumb but it never really diminishes the fun i have tbh. also - if you're in a team with at least 2 friends just kicking racist assholes on your team is easy haha. i find the game is literally 100% better with each additional teammate that's a friend - guaranteed.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WRzZ_nBGTw

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
lmao we ran into this random player yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrXCPpcQ36E

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Thief posted:

lmao we ran into this random player yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrXCPpcQ36E

Holy poo poo, did you play with the real Ding Chavez?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Oh poo poo got me a Black Ice skin for Fuze's AK in a 5% alpha pack spin.

*goes straight back to using the gray universal skin*

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Sweet, I got a purp- oh it's a black ice skin.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

gently caress you guys. I liked it when my Black Ice skins were exclusive. A reward for having played the game for so long. A trophy of my commitment to the game. Now they're a constant reminder that Ubisoft doesn't give a gently caress. Salt in the wound of them adding loot boxes to the game at all.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

gently caress you guys. I liked it when my Black Ice skins were exclusive. A reward for having played the game for so long. A trophy of my commitment to the game. Now they're a constant reminder that Ubisoft doesn't give a gently caress. Salt in the wound of them adding loot boxes to the game at all.

Well your single weapon skin got turned into an universal skin so there is really nothing to complain about...

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I bought it for two different CTUs so actually that just gives me another thing to complain about.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Truly your cup runneth over

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
What the heck is wrong with the black ice skin

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

SpazmasterX posted:

What the heck is wrong with the black ice skin

does not belong on Spetsnaz guns, comrade. Is gaudy capitalistic status symbol

what next, Levi's body armor? JORDACHE?

Tumble fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 16, 2018

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I've gotten the same Plasma Pink legendary universal skin twice from alpha packs so I'm going to take this time to complain about gaudy weapons and furthermore

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

https://streamable.com/0frei

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

mp5 posted:

I've gotten the same Plasma Pink legendary universal skin twice from alpha packs so I'm going to take this time to complain about gaudy weapons and furthermore

I literally just read this post and opened a pack with Plasma Pink in it :stonk:

but it's my second legendary ever so yeah budday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

:potg: