Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Actually maybe Blake was right to be terrified of little guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A8JIHoqndE

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Wasting food, making a mess, AND being a jerk???

Being a snitch is probably the worst part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
How the hell you going to go and make this situation even funnier DeAndre?!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Gerald Green being ride or die for a team he's been a part of for like three weeks is pretty amazing too

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Kd is good and anyone who takes the best possible job situation for them understands life for real, he’s good, real good.

Sure, kevin, whatever.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

I'm so happy friendship basketball has turned into Revenge of the Nerds.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Remember when you were a kid and you saw your brother or sister doing something they weren't supposed to like not eating a cookie over a plate so you go running over and immediately smack it out of their hands onto the floor and yell in their face about how they shouldn't do that

What the gently caress kind of monster were (are?) you?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

Remember when you were a kid and you saw your brother or sister doing something they weren't supposed to like not eating a cookie over a plate so you go running over and immediately smack it out of their hands onto the floor and yell in their face about how they shouldn't do that

Yes and I was suspended 5 games for doing it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Gerald Green being ride or die for a team he's been a part of for like three weeks is pretty amazing too

Fam, he still on the probationary period and willing to risk it all.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Kevin Durant: Brawny

Chris Paul: Charmin

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bip Roberts posted:

What the gently caress kind of monster were (are?) you?

Hey, I have children who do this. I myself don't

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Kevin Durant: Brawny

Chris Paul: Charmin

In that they're both as hard as paper towels? Checks out.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dexo posted:

That’s the kind of dude you want on your team

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Spacebump posted:

I wish EA would make another NBA Street.

same. That's what I was hoping playgrounds would be.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

The NBA is the best league and it's not even close.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

It wasn't an attack it was a rescue mission

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/aaronbruski/status/953155406385242113

I love how mouthy Austin Rivers gets because he has Patrick Beverly right next to him.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hey I saw Doc Rivers step onto the floor in that clip!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think Austin Rivers is just mouthy like that, I don't think he's one of those guys who acts tough when they have someone tough next to them. He's more like that kid with absentee parents that annoys everyone for attention regardless the situation.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

I think Austin Rivers is just mouthy like that, I don't think he's one of those guys who acts tough when they have someone tough next to them. He's more like that kid with absentee parents that annoys everyone for attention regardless the situation.

Maybe he grew up mouthy because he could go running to his dad if anything went wrong so all the AAU coaches were like "we are benching any kid that takes a swip at this annoying fuckwit"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He went to Duke.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Lockback posted:

You know Blake dislikes him. Maybe he drew up the plan to give Austin a swirly from the getgo and tried to use D'Antoni as a dead drop.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

He went to Duke.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dexo posted:

My role model

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
People might hate Austin "Sub-Zero" Rivers here but this event might make him the best current player for trash talking. He caused a team to get so angry they used secret tunnels to invade his locker room. Then the angry Rockets had to be monitored by the police on their bus. No other active player has been that effective at trash talk.

euphronius posted:

He went to Duke.

The most prominent Duke player in the NBA thinks the world is flat, student-athlete indeed.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Would the marginal improvement of DAJ ( if any) be worth it for the Rockets.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Jota posted:

It wasn't an attack it was a rescue mission

"Nooooooooooo....DeAndre....! Dammit, we don't leave a man behind...!"

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

euphronius posted:

Would the marginal improvement of DAJ ( if any) be worth it for the Rockets.

i mean, if hes coming for free, sure? But Capela is basically a similar player but 6 years younger and possibly more room to grow, and presumably they're both not gonna be on one team, so

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

euphronius posted:

He went to Duke.

Also, this:

quote:

Jason Concepcion: Hello. I’d like to point out that last night the president of the players union used his knowledge of Staples Center to lead his new team through a tunnel to fight, among others, his former coach’s son, who didn’t even play in the game.

Also, putting that much effort into trying to locate and fight Austin Rivers, but not managing to fight him, is THE metaphor for Chris Paul’s career.

"Police? POLICE?!"

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

G-Hawk posted:

i mean, if hes coming for free, sure? But Capela is basically a similar player but 6 years younger and possibly more room to grow, and presumably they're both not gonna be on one team, so

Main advantage of this hypothetical swap would be the extra year on DJ's deal. CP3 could lock him in a room until DeAndre takes the player option. I feel like the trade would likely need to be a 3 way trade to make sense plus some team would have to be convinced to take Ryan Anderson.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
wait until DJ is outside and then MGSV fulton him to houston

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Houston shouldn't make a trade for anything other than shoring up the bench or a superstar.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I have learned that the Cavs don't practice. Not sure if this was common knowledge already.

quote:

10. Thomas, meanwhile, continues to remind everyone he doesn’t have his legs under him while also highlighting how little the Cavs practice. On at least seven separate occasions since he returned on Jan. 2, Thomas has pointed out how little the Cavs practice and how much it has hindered him from finding his rhythm.

11. “We don’t practice,” Thomas said after Monday’s loss. “So (the) only thing that’s going to help me is getting reps and running up and down the floor.”

12. That isn’t much different from what he said after one of those rare practices Sunday: “We don’t really practice a lot, so I have to try to get my rhythm in real NBA live action.”

13. Then there was postgame after the Toronto beatdown: “We don’t practice, so my rhythm has to come in games and my practice has to come in games. I’m not in panic mode. I know things will change.”

..19. “When he’s at 100 percent he won’t miss those wide-open 3s,” James said. “He’s trying to get his legs back on the fly, which is very difficult. We’re a team that doesn’t practice much, we don’t have much time to practice. The game is where he’s getting his legs back and it’s very difficult after being out seven months. But every game is going to be more of an opportunity for him to get his legs up under him. Once he does that, he’s going to make us even more dynamic.”
by the way I beliueve that Sam Hinkie would have drafted Porzingis but they didn't let him and he would not have drafted Fultz. drat the Sixers w/ some big draft busts. And blake barely touched Dantoni

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lockback posted:

Houston shouldn't make a trade for anything other than shoring up the bench or a superstar.

CP's love of Jordan will not be denied.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hmm yeah if DAJ picks up his option that is way way better for Houston.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/s3mcewan/status/953364340593184768

we got a guy on the inside, people!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don't know who you take if you aren't taking Fultz. You could trade down I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Main advantage of this hypothetical swap would be the extra year on DJ's deal. CP3 could lock him in a room until DeAndre takes the player option. I feel like the trade would likely need to be a 3 way trade to make sense plus some team would have to be convinced to take Ryan Anderson.

Capela will be a RFA, so Rockets still have team control. The only way i'd see this sort of move making sense is if Lebron or some other star wants to come to Houston and capela can be used to make that happen, and the Rockets then try to get DAJ to replace him. I don't see any reason the rockets want DAJ over Capela.

• Locked thread