Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

wait that thursday show means that TNA is going to literally counter-program their own TV show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkchop
Jun 9, 2013
I knew I shouldnt have used that monkey's paw to wish back LAW, goddammit

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rare Magic card l00k posted:

wait that thursday show means that TNA is going to literally counter-program their own TV show

It seems like they're pushing it as a second screen experience, which would only be good if it were a MST3K thing, which it almost certainly will not be.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gaahahahahahaaaaahahah they're going to try and compete for views against uh... ladies not wearing very much with multiple camera angles pointed at their naughty bits and dirtbags confessing to infidelity. Yeah, okay, you try that Impact. Or are you gonna rebrand to "Twitchpact?"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Oh my god most of their twitch channel is going to be advertising WWE stars

They don't really have much choice - if they left out all current/former WWE names they'd only have Storm, Abyss and some X-division guys.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Julio Cruz posted:

They don't really have much choice - if they left out all current/former WWE names they'd only have Storm, Abyss and some X-division guys.

Don’t forget Rellik (killer spelled backwards).

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

CopywrightMMXI posted:

He was Johnny the Bull in the WWE version of the FBI.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Rellik broke his dick in WCW and was a member of the FBI in WWE.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Sorry for forgetting about Johnny the Bull.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
“irreverent” is the most charitable descriptor of Josh Mathews that I’ve ever heard

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Wednesday nights: Returning IMPACT Wrestling star Tyrus will host Nuff Said, as the Fox News contributor offers his unique take on professional wrestling, politics, sports and popular culture.
but why

e: grammar

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 16, 2018

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I really just want Jeremy Borash reading out sub and bits messages live on commentary

bonus if they have a sound clip and gif whenever someone subscribes

second bonus if they have a Josh Matthews emote

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Have him come out as the Jive-A-Raptor to his new theme song, "Someone Tweet My Mom"

Instant gold.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I try not to give Borash too much poo poo because I understand he's got babies and mortgages but bringing back LAW without Pollock and Wei is just...ugh.

Very disrespectful imo.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tna will be outdraw by a retard screaming into a camera while playing LOL

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
TNA's gonna be outdrawn by WrestleCircus.

skaboomizzy posted:

Did they just forget they have a channel on PlutoTV where they could have done this?
Aren't like 90% of PlutoTV channels restricted to US audiences? Twitch isn't region-restricted and I don't think TNA ever got its foreign TV deals back...

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So wait does this nix their network thing too then or are they praying people are still gonna pay for that poo poo

or was that network a gfw thing

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

AFAIK the network thing is still there. I think the last few weeks they even accidentally leaked that week's Impact onto it before it aired, because TNA.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

AFAIK the network thing is still there. I think the last few weeks they even accidentally leaked that week's Impact onto it before it aired, because TNA.

:laffo:

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Those wednesday and thursday shows go head-to-head against Overwatch League. That's no good.

OWL gets almost 300k viewers four days a week, TNA gonna be lucky to get 300

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I like how when the LAW got canned, everybody said they’d bring it back as Impact propaganda with Borash as host, because that’s what TNA would do. And then they go & do it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Programming for the channel will also include past and present episodes of the flagship IMPACT! show, the original weekly show Xplosion, pay-per-view events on a second window, plus over 1,000 hours of original programming showcasing classic content featuring household industry names like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Sting, Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode and many more.

Oh my god most of their twitch channel is going to be advertising WWE stars

Even on Twitch the Hulkster means buys, brother

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

RZApublican posted:

Even on Twitch the Hulkster means buys, brother

He's got the biggest apms in the world!

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Just set up a gaming rig in one of the offices and have random talent stream PUBG, that would get more views nowadays than running old TNA content

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ad by Khad posted:

Those wednesday and thursday shows go head-to-head against Overwatch League. That's no good.

AGDQ almost beat TNA's TV ratings last year.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Kcid Sihek Orb

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 16, 2018

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Get turbofucked TNA & Anthem. Anthem cut Live Audio Wrestling because TNA is a gigantic money sink and now they bring it back as what is probably going to be TNA propaganda.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Ad by Khad posted:

How ironic, in the end TNA get hosed by the owl

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I don't know why people see Twitch viewers as some sort of captive audience. Amazon is wanting non-gaming content to feature on Twitch mainly to expand the user base, not because they think people who watch Overwatch want to want wrestling. And while it isn't wrong to say Impact has to compete against the other content on Twitch, I mean, I'm probably watching something on Twitch instead of Impact no matter when Impact airs or on whatever platform.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Twitch is an untapped market(by commercial interests) and the payouts are in Bezos Bucks(assuming he's not run up a guillotine in the next 8 or so years) so its a win-win for content creators(that are corporate).

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Ad by Khad posted:

I agree, 300 people is kind of a high estimate for TNA

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Monday nights: Live Audio Wrestling (The LAW) returns with a new weekly video podcast. Produced and hosted by longtime IMPACT Wrestling announcer Jeremy Borash, The LAW will cover all of the latest news in professional wrestling and feature special guest interviews, live calls, chat interaction, contests with prizes, and much more.

gently caress Anthem sooooooooooo much for murdering The LAW. Fortunately John & Wei are doing podcasts on their own and brought the old gang in for the year end best of/worst of shows.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/spike/status/953363495117996032

Funkchop
Jun 9, 2013
Hey now, MXC loving ruled, Spike.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

BGrifter posted:

gently caress Anthem sooooooooooo much for murdering The LAW. Fortunately John & Wei are doing podcasts on their own and brought the old gang in for the year end best of/worst of shows.

If it weren't for the Sony Six deal, Jon and Wai are bringing in more income than TNA.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Funkchop posted:

Hey now, MXC loving ruled, Spike.

Yeah what the gently caress MXC owned so loving much.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

USA should give the three hours of Raw to airing MXC reruns instead

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
hahahaha

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

work

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Testekill posted:

Yeah what the gently caress MXC owned so loving much.

Right you are, Ken!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The quality of mxc has nothing to do with the joke