Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

AAB posted:

have you considered big team battle with tanks, which was in destiny 1

I remember the mode with the vehicles. It was kinda meh, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

pmchem posted:

Entire leviathan raid done in under 20 minutes, start to finish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKIoTjY0x2s

I'm impressed. Can anyone figure out all their gear loadouts? There's some swapping going on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7q5s0m/worlds_fastest_leviathan_raid_1914_by_euros/

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Interesting, Titan hammers and not pulse grenades.

Duly noted.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Norns posted:

Go new monarchy you fucks. We have enough guns in the other archetypes

I'm going Monarchy this time just for the shaders.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

pmchem posted:

I'm impressed. Can anyone figure out all their gear loadouts? There's some swapping going on.

The backwards run on the gauntlet is brilliant.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

So any """must-have""" guns this Faction Rallies?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Guiding Star, The Number if you don't already have them

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

pmchem posted:

The Gauntlet skip. :psyduck:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Snapes N Snapes posted:

The prize guns are all Auto Rifles that fit different playstyles, and none of them are bad.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Waffle House posted:

The prize guns are all Auto Rifles that fit different playstyles, and none of them are bad.

It should be noted though that New Monarchy's prize auto is the only other 160rpm auto besides halfdan.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
It should also be noted that New Monarchy are basically ren faire cosplayers and Dead Orbit canonically shares bad poetry on dead gay forums.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Shifty Pony posted:

Quick question: when running around devouring things with Winter's Guile would putting some points into mobility allow me to reach things to punch faster?

One-punching a yellow is much fun btw I highly recommend it.

Fallout Plays has a video going into specifics about what each stat affects but for your purposes its worth noting that mobility does nothing other than increase walking and strafing speeds and jump height of the base jump.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

5 powerful engrams turned in on my titan yesterday made 5 330 helms and 330 power weapons. M'dude just needs arms and legs, ffs.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Cowcaster posted:

got the orpheus rig as my random exotic from xur and using the bottom tree without moebius quiver means it’s like infinite supers for me and my buddy it rules

:bahgawd:

That's the only exotic I actually really want, and can't seem to find it.

It's okay, though. I still love this damned helmet. Hitting 31k crits on bosses will never get old.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

"Hey dumbdick, here's a mission to go earn some faction funbux by running lost sectors. Have at it!"

5 minutes later: "Oh bee tee dubs you get locked out of chest loot after the first two lost sectors, lol gg fucko"

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

Communist Walrus posted:

"Hey dumbdick, here's a mission to go earn some faction funbux by running lost sectors. Have at it!"

5 minutes later: "Oh bee tee dubs you get locked out of chest loot after the first two lost sectors, lol gg fucko"

Is that what it is? That happened to me just now. It's loving dumb as Hell.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

NinetySevenA posted:

Is that what it is? That happened to me just now. It's loving dumb as Hell.

Yep. If you open two chests within ten minutes, you're locked out for at least another ten.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm just going to wait until someone finds another exploit because even after getting 30 engrams last time I didn't get everything, so I don't want to have to grind public events for 5 engrams then be locked out of rolling the dice for another two months.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Communist Walrus posted:

For all the talk about D2 not being an MMO, they common took MMO mechanic "Please grind for tokens, but hold on we need to throttle you with timers" down.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Can someone explain this timer/cooldown of loot that you guys are talking about? I don't play many MMOs so this is a new concept to me. :saddowns:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Morter posted:

Can someone explain this timer/cooldown of loot that you guys are talking about? I don't play many MMOs so this is a new concept to me. :saddowns:

Its not actually a thing in MMOs. Not sure what they're talking about there. Destiny 2 is definitely a sorta-MMO but this isn't an MMO thing.

There's a limit in Destiny where if you loot a chest, the game will not give you loot from chests for X seconds. Its a hard limit they programmed into D2 explicitly because they feared some kind of loot-cave exploit and wanted to put a last-case limit on stuff like that.

Its a poorly designed system and often blocks legit players from getting loot from chests that spawned near each other. And it doesn't prevent all kinds of exploits that exist other ways like the previous faction chest thing that they just patched.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Got this voice line after completing the Patrol Beacons mission on my Warlock. Zavala confirmed C-SPAM poster:

Also I thought they killed the chest cooldown thing but I could be wrong

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Morter posted:

Communist Walrus posted:

Yep. If you open two chests within ten minutes, you're locked out for at least another ten.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waffle House posted:

Got this voice line after completing the Patrol Beacons mission on my Warlock. Zavala confirmed C-SPAM poster:

Also I thought they killed the chest cooldown thing but I could be wrong

Haven’t you already posted the meme version of this like 3 times already?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Zaphod42 posted:

Its not actually a thing in MMOs. Not sure what they're talking about there. Destiny 2 is definitely a sorta-MMO but this isn't an MMO thing.

There's a limit in Destiny where if you loot a chest, the game will not give you loot from chests for X seconds. Its a hard limit they programmed into D2 explicitly because they feared some kind of loot-cave exploit and wanted to put a last-case limit on stuff like that.

Its a poorly designed system and often blocks legit players from getting loot from chests that spawned near each other. And it doesn't prevent all kinds of exploits that exist other ways like the previous faction chest thing that they just patched.

Admittedly I'm thinking more along the lines of Daily and weekly timers, but timers are indeed A Thing in assorted MMOs.

Doesn't change the fact it's particularly Janky in D2 putting it in the span of minutes, but the failed joke was them taking (technically) Real MMO Mechanics from the wrong end of the list of what makes MMOs cool.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Alls I know about chests is running around getting them in dead zones and lost sectors. If there's an aspect about getting extra loot, restricted by time/chest amounts/both, then I have no clue about it.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Morter posted:

Alls I know about chests is running around getting them in dead zones and lost sectors. If there's an aspect about getting extra loot, restricted by time/chest amounts/both, then I have no clue about it.

Run and be free my child. Leave this place. Enjoy the game with innocent eyes, such as it was intended.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Just to spell it out, it isn't extra loot. If you try to open multiple chests within a shorter time frame than Bungie has invisibly decreed you should, you get nothing at all.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I see the clever and elegant solution to the Winding Cove problem was to just not give anything for that Lost Sector this week.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

funkmeister posted:

Just to spell it out, it isn't extra loot. If you try to open multiple chests within a shorter time frame than Bungie has invisibly decreed you should, you get nothing at all.

What kind of chests are we talking here? Lost Sector? Strikes? Etc.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Seems to be public events and lost sectors. Maybe strikes if you're quick.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Lost sector chests have a 15 minute loot lock out on them now which starts after the second chest you open or something. Apparently the most 'efficient' way to get faction tokens this time is to just chain public events.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Ah. I thought public event chests were also on cooldown. My b.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don’t see It in the engram rewards, can i not get the maxim sniper from NM anymore?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i don’t see It in the engram rewards, can i not get the maxim sniper from NM anymore?

It's still in the pool. It doesn't show the full list

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Section Z posted:

Admittedly I'm thinking more along the lines of Daily and weekly timers, but timers are indeed A Thing in assorted MMOs.

Doesn't change the fact it's particularly Janky in D2 putting it in the span of minutes, but the failed joke was them taking (technically) Real MMO Mechanics from the wrong end of the list of what makes MMOs cool.

Weekly and dailies are a thing, yeah, but they're like milestones. Not chest lockouts.

I can't think of an MMO with a loot lockout like that...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

There's very little reason to do Lost Sectors and the token lockout just makes those reasons even flimsier.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Jumping from public event to public event seems to be the way to go.

I want that NM auto rifle dammit.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

the good fax machine posted:

Haven’t you already posted the meme version of this like 3 times already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Is there a goon clan with open spots please? I do my milestones every week minus the raid (which I have never done but would do if people needed me) and the nightfall (which I never have people on to do with)

e: I sent in a request to [BEAR] because I want a chill group rebel1608#1410 but I need a clan either way

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 17, 2018

• Locked thread