Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
I like dub Kaiba as much as the next guy, he's really funny. But the skepticism got old real fast for me, and is the one thing I'd change about him. Especially since, while I prefer dub Kaiba, the scene with him sacrificing Obelisk to summon Blue-Eyes is better in the original, since he accepts it's all real, he accepts that Obelisk is a God, and he's still going to sacrifice him. He'll sacrifice a God! I find that SO much cooler than just not believing. It means he's aware of just how blasphemous he's being and he doesn't care how much he pisses off the Gods. Makes his ego THAT much bigger if he's aware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So the 4th Gundam Breaker game just got announced, and it's getting a US release this time around(also they dropped doing a Vita version)

Also G Generation Genesis is getting a Switch release, no idea if it will get a Western release though

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Merry Air Christmas!

I don't know anything about Wataru, to be honest.

Skill tree is back with new skills.
First Strike: Casts Accel, Assail, and Invincible on deployment.
Rescue: Combines Repair and Resupply expertise.
Lucky Star: Casts Luck on deployment.

Programs are back but I feel like we knew that.

The Factory is back. I think it has the same skills as it did in V, but now they're called Magic. :allears:

There are now six upgrade levels to the Magic, though. So that's something.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm guessing our protagonist unit is going to be magical as gently caress huh.

Also Lucky Star seems really crappy.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
I'm getting further and further aggravated by the fact that we don't have Rayearth, Granzort or anything of the sort outside of Wataru! :rant:

The OGs (hopefully another selectable pair?) better fit that bill nicely, or I swear...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brunom1 posted:

I'm getting further and further aggravated by the fact that we don't have Rayearth, Granzort or anything of the sort outside of Wataru! :rant:

The OGs (hopefully another selectable pair?) better fit that bill nicely, or I swear...

Well, Dunbine is in there too.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

ImpAtom posted:

Lucky Star feels like an ability that exists for some characters to join with, but wasn't worth making unique.

As to why it's so crappy my guess is they wanted to make it like but legally distinct form the OG skill Fortune, the one that gave a constant money boost, especially seeing as that would make it redundant with Paramail Rider if it's the same as it was in V.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I am a little shocked that Escaflowne wasn't thrown in to appeal to international audiences.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

ImpAtom posted:

Well, Dunbine is in there too.

Dunbine isn't magic enoooooough!!

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Caphi posted:

Merry Air Christmas!

When the game comes out, is that Grand Christmas?

quote:

I don't know anything about Wataru, to be honest.

So those scans showed three characters from Wataru—Himiko Shinobibe, the young head of the Shinobibe ninja clan, her dad Genryusai who got turned into a monkey by Doakdar, and Shibaraku Tsurugibe, a swordsman and Wataru's mentor figure. He summons his Mashin by inserting a telephone card into a payphone.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I started watching Wataru and while I like it the subs I found for it are like near-crabstick level. :smith:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Raxivace posted:

I started watching Wataru and while I like it the subs I found for it are like near-crabstick level. :smith:

Yeah we're probably watching the same ones. You have to figure out the names piecemeal.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Hokuto posted:

Yeah we're probably watching the same ones. You have to figure out the names piecemeal.

Its even worse for me since the only version I've seen up until recently was the Hong Kong dub. Its a fun series but surprisingly hard to find raws for let alone subs.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

ImpAtom posted:

I'm hoping the original unit is Valsione as gently caress.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I'm way behind in just now starting Super Robot Wars V, just got to the point where Getter Robo and Mazinger joined the group. Is the Bio Brain copy of Amuro Ray going to be a character that joins up later or did I do something wrong in kicking its rear end?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I'm way behind in just now starting Super Robot Wars V, just got to the point where Getter Robo and Mazinger joined the group. Is the Bio Brain copy of Amuro Ray going to be a character that joins up later or did I do something wrong in kicking its rear end?
Nah you're good. That's not a savable character or anything.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Yeah, the first time I played I assumed it was how they were going to bring Amuro into the post-apocalyptic spacescape V starts in.

No, it's just a thing that happens in Crossbone.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Who really wants resolve in UX?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Y'all think Char is going to show up in SRWX? I was a little surprised they never actually popped up in V though you did have Full Frontral I guess.

It was just weird having Amuro but not the real Char.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Revolver Bunker posted:

Its even worse for me since the only version I've seen up until recently was the Hong Kong dub. Its a fun series but surprisingly hard to find raws for let alone subs.

There was a french dub!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfaqlMfS12E

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Raxivace posted:

Y'all think Char is going to show up in SRWX? I was a little surprised they never actually popped up in V though you did have Full Frontral I guess.

It was just weird having Amuro but not the real Char.

I personally hope Amuro's new thing is falling into games alone in increasingly improbable ways.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The GIG posted:

I personally hope Amuro's new thing is falling into games alone in increasingly improbable ways.
"So Amuro how did you end up here?"

"You won't believe this nonsense. First the Axis Shock threw me back into the past with this Aoba kid, and then I got thrown into the drat future with all of these space pirates, and now I'm in the medieval ages or something except there's robots and I don't even known what the hell is going on anymore."

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 17, 2018

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Prince of Darkness except they open up the box and Amuro is there, with no explanation, he doesn't remember anything, no one knows where Yurika is, Akito storms off, and the Nu is found buried immediately nearby on Mars.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

Prince of Darkness except they open up the box and Amuro is there, with no explanation, he doesn't remember anything, no one knows where Yurika is, Akito storms off, and the Nu is found buried immediately nearby on Mars.

That's not too far from what V did to be fair.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cross Ange but Amuro keeps popping out of the portals with Sally.

edit: Actually, X could be really cool if it has you start the game with Sally and maybe make her two flunkies playable, and then have the para-mail crew join up halfway through the game. Since Sally is from a world with dragons and stuff and the game's going for a fantasy setting.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Amuro, having been warped into this world with no money or possessions, has been hoboing around the railways until he accidentally gets on the Brave Express and is discovered sleeping in a traincar halfway through forming Might Gaine.

e: actually I want this for Masaki.

Caphi fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 16, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its hosed up that gainer and mightgaine arent in the same game

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Super Robot Wars: Trains.
Robot trains: Might Gaine, Shinkalion
Regular train: Galaxy Railway 999
Giant trains: King Gainer
Underground trains: Big O
Training arc: Gunbuster
Train wreck: Aquarion EVOL

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Raxivace posted:

"So Amuro would did you end up here?"

"You won't believe this nonsense. First the Axis Shock threw me back into the past with this Aoba kid, and then I got thrown into the drat future with all of these space pirates, and now I'm in the medieval ages or something except there's robots and I don't even known what the hell is going on anymore."

That's some Episode Of Bardock poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

isnt there a train monster of the week in machine robo?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

i, too, will help

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Caphi posted:

Super Robot Wars: Trains.
Robot trains: Might Gaine, Shinkalion
Regular train: Galaxy Railway 999
Giant trains: King Gainer
Underground trains: Big O
Training arc: Gunbuster
Train wreck: Aquarion EVOL

Let'S not forget Charles Babbage from FGO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRKRWfNVKsw

(He turns into a train during one of the Summer Events)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Endorph posted:

Cross Ange but Amuro keeps popping out of the portals with Sally.

edit: Actually, X could be really cool if it has you start the game with Sally and maybe make her two flunkies playable, and then have the para-mail crew join up halfway through the game. Since Sally is from a world with dragons and stuff and the game's going for a fantasy setting.

I'm fully expecting that's what they'll do, honestly. Your characters will only have the dragon's perspective of things at the start.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Endorph posted:

isnt there a train monster of the week in machine robo?

There's one in the first episode of Giant Robo, but I doubt we'll be seeing that series again any time soon

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
By the way I was wrong about the first three Magic levels being the same as in V. The third level is SP cost discounts - one for Valor/Soul, one for Attune/Predict, and one for Luck/Bless.

I think the second one, Target Support, is the clear winner, assuming you can still use Spirits reactively like in V. It's a 50% discount (the other ones are less) and Predict was insanely good and probably benefits most from being able to do it way more per mission.

Also, no mention visible of anything like Tag Force or ExC or whatever, which I thought was one of the options in V's Factory build. That doesn't mean it's not there though.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
The third tier of the Factory was all bonuses that would be applied to units that gained 3 ExC points during a mission. If they've replaced it with those SP cost reductions, maybe ExC won't be coming back. Or they thought it was a boring tier.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
There are still three more tiers and I'm pretty sure they're visible but they're completely illegible on these scans.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Looking at the old V's skill chart, the three new skills aren't straight additions - there's the same number of total skills but it has been shifted around.

1) Protection has been removed from the Support Defend line - Hit & Away was shifted down 1 slot from capstone to take its place. ECS I mean First Strike is now the line's capstone skill, so it looks like this has been reinforced the line you want to invest if you love Snipers.

2) Repair and Resupply has been combined into Rescue - now that one slot has been freed, Ace Proud gets shifted down and Lucky Star is the new capstone skill for the Support line, which just boggles my mind.

So really slight changes overall. Guess this is like BX from UX where they don't want to touch the system too much.

Caphi posted:

I think the second one, Target Support, is the clear winner, assuming you can still use Spirits reactively like in V. It's a 50% discount (the other ones are less) and Predict was insanely good and probably benefits most from being able to do it way more per mission.
It's actually 80$ (as in reduced to 80%)

Valor/Soul - 85%
Attune/Foresee - 80%
Luck/Bless. - 75%

Fair enough that it's still a toss-up between the first and second as being the most practical.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Davzz posted:

It's actually 80$ (as in reduced to 80%)

Valor/Soul - 85%
Attune/Foresee - 80%
Luck/Bless. - 75%

Fair enough that it's still a toss-up between the first and second as being the most practical.

So it is. I could not read these scans very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

HitTheTargets posted:

That's some Episode Of Bardock poo poo.
Amuro inspired Zeon Zum Deikun's Newtype theory.

Endorph posted:

Actually, X could be really cool if it has you start the game with Sally and maybe make her two flunkies playable, and then have the para-mail crew join up halfway through the game. Since Sally is from a world with dragons and stuff and the game's going for a fantasy setting.
That reminds me of how some games with Endless Waltz have you start with Zechs and co., could be interesting.

• Locked thread