Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Again looking at my chart of interactions YPM has minimal interaction with Moat. I get it could be completely coincidental. Does anyone else think that's odd our is it something I shouldn't be focusing on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
ypm has minimal interaction with the game

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

Again looking at my chart of interactions YPM has minimal interaction with Moat. I get it could be completely coincidental. Does anyone else think that's odd our is it something I shouldn't be focusing on?

I can be odd and should be looked at, but not something to focus on to the exclusion of everything else.

I'm sure if you looked through my posts, there's probably someone that I haven't quoted, plus just because a person don't quote someone doesn't mean they aren't interacting with them.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I am strongly leaning towards YPM myself. While TMM was the first to try and get the AA train rolling, it was for obvious town reasons. It was YPM jumping in for a quick 2nd that really jumpstarted it. YPM was really trying to get the heat off of Moat at the time.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Slaan posted:

I am strongly leaning towards YPM myself. While TMM was the first to try and get the AA train rolling, it was for obvious town reasons. It was YPM jumping in for a quick 2nd that really jumpstarted it. YPM was really trying to get the heat off of Moat at the time.

that was IS

YPM voted for Moat

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Oh, guess not then. I really need to reread the thread once I get home tomorrow :smithicide:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Gamerofthegame posted:

kbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

haven't you learned your lesson by nooow with me ugh

anidav (and tired motiz) both have claimed they have OPG reflectors, so don't directly target them with anything. Hit rank instead.

Can't.

We can do busb but I think he's scum?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Hah I have my guesses locked in for scum in their thread but don't feel like it's productive to say it.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Can we vote YPM yet?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Hah I have my guesses locked in for scum in their thread but don't feel like it's productive to say it.

I am mostly just fuckin' around so yeah totally cool with ending anime.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Man if the 5 scum number I've heard thrown around is accurate than this thread is 16 town and 1 scum right now.

The Lord of Hats posted:

It's not like votes on MMT had been getting any traction prior to that point. Pending a YPM flip, I'm inclined to think that Chaoslord is doing to MMT what MMT was doing to me.

On the contrary, I believed the incorrect case I was making on you whereas I don't see any reason to think that CL believes the case he's been making on me.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Can't.

i mean

just hit bif then lol

or the front row

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Gamerofthegame posted:

i mean

just hit bif then lol

or the front row

I have to hit back row. This is about winning the battle so I will suck it up and do pitiful damage to busb.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Can't.

I don't think we should worry about that at this point. I mean if we knew for sure, then yeah, but as it stands, I say take go for busb instead. If Anidav has some kind of reflecting damage, it could be the thing that kills you instead of leaving you on deaths door.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Hats, do you feel in need of protection for this battle, or do you think you'll be okay on your own?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Your Personal Muse posted:

Fwiw, I think it confirms Sal or CL are scum. I don’t think the trade off would be worth it otherwise (unless town caused it to fail or whatever but I doubt that)

I have 0 none combat abilities so it wasn't me, but nice try throwing shade my way.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

SalTheBard posted:

I have 0 none combat abilities so it wasn't me, but nice try throwing shade my way.

#vote sal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

:(

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

Hats, do you feel in need of protection for this battle, or do you think you'll be okay on your own?

He might need it after you do your thing. But so could you. Make the call when the time comes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also. Don't worry about scum. Worry about making bodies. We are so far in the lead that helping them out is the least we can do.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

He might need it after you do your thing. But so could you. Make the call when the time comes.

Got it. I'm going to see if we have any surprises in the final lineup and will adjust accordingly. May play this one a little safer rather than going for the home run, so to speak.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

You are welcome confirmed town busb.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I love the taste of Burgundy Wine

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

Got it. I'm going to see if we have any surprises in the final lineup and will adjust accordingly. May play this one a little safer rather than going for the home run, so to speak.

If you are talking for after prelim, use your judgement how you like. For during, the home run is the way to go I think.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

If you are talking for after prelim, use your judgement how you like. For during, the home run is the way to go I think.

I can attempt something but I'm not sure our current lineup is best-set for it.

I'm not sure how to describe what that possibility is in any more detail than that without giving out too much info.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mafia edit: the above was specifically in reference to the prelim phase, I've got a pretty good idea what to do for battle unless things are drastically changed after prelim.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Also, before I forget or in case I don't come back, my day heal was reported as successful again.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

I can attempt something but I'm not sure our current lineup is best-set for it.

I'm not sure how to describe what that possibility is in any more detail than that without giving out too much info.

Pretend my point is not to own someone, but to make sure they can't own us the way they want. Does that make sense?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

As Gamer said, be aware that Anidav/Tired have damage shields and are not good targets if they are in. Anidav can also buff his folks from anywhere and appears to be hitting N20 with a shield. Looks like Busb/Bif may be focusing on Tobbs if things still look the same going into battle(for example, Busb will be aiming at joiners instead), but as always don't take everything they say at face value as Bif might have one of these folks as her advisor. As things stand right now, front lines will be getting hit by everyone and back lines are safe, but remember to really look at the lines and understand them before locking in your battle actions when the time comes in case that changes.

Good luck folks! You won't need it! :)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

Pretend my point is not to own someone, but to make sure they can't own us the way they want. Does that make sense?

What I'm referring to doesn't work the way that I think you're describing, but for this battle I also don't think it's going to matter. I suspect we will be fine regardless. :)

I'll have my eyes peeled for potential changes. Looking forward to another solid victory.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

IllegallySober posted:

Also, before I forget or in case I don't come back, my day heal was reported as successful again.

Yup.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

What I'm referring to doesn't work the way that I think you're describing, but for this battle I also don't think it's going to matter. I suspect we will be fine regardless. :)

I'll have my eyes peeled for potential changes. Looking forward to another solid victory.

Okie Dokie, we'll see what happens.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

quote:

And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Last up in the front row is YPM:

YPM wants to battle but isn't as gung-ho about it as the others. Still prefers front row, though. He claims this for his action plan tonight:

So sounds like he wants to be able to sit right in the front to buff their front line in prelim while debuffing ours during battle. He must be decently tough to not want to hide in the back, but still, he sounds more like a support character overall.

So we should secure a kill on YPM, then Hal, then see what we got left to test Tobbs a bit.

Not for nothing but I can’t imagine a world where this post is Bif playing 4D chess and instructing her town to go after her scum. I’m not saying it’s impossible, just highly improbable.

I pretty strongly feel it should be CL tomorrow.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
They seem to be under the impression that making myself nigh unkillable was a OPG.

They are mistaken :)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hey Texas, THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muCeQtOk7G4

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:cheers: Preliminary Phase is over! Results will be in your character sheets shortly! :cheers:

BATTLEFIELD: The Alamo

quote:

Texans already suffered a severe loss here, forever etched into their state's history and memory. Under the sun's punishing heat that bakes the earth dry, the spirits of bygone times inspire some to greatness.
DEFENDED: May only be attacked if the División del Norte has achieved victory at Palo Alto.
Universal Effect: All Desperadoes/Vaqueros receive the effects of the IMPETUOUS status for the duration of this battle, regardless of HP. All other players suffer -1 Stamina for the duration of this battle. (HP is not affected.)

BATTLE FORMATION
pre:
		TXSG
Anidav		Bifauxnen	busb
Little Mac	Mithross	Natural20

Kashuno		TMMadman	Tobbs Gnawed
IllegallySober	King Burgundy	The Lord of Hats
		DdN
:cheers: Battle phase starts now. Deadline for submitting Battle Actions is ~10.5 hours from now, 8:30 PM ET Tuesday. :cheers:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

As the beleaguered Texan defenders rallied at the Alamo, Ma was right there with them just like always. An encouraging word, a slap on the back, a friendly pat on the buttocks - she kept them calm, eyes on the horizon. She knew today would be a fateful day... and she was not disappointed.

The sound of echoing hoofbeats announced his presence long before he came into view, accompanied by cheering Villistas. At long last, Pancho Villa himself had taken the field - with the full force of his army and the power of Shine following in his wake. His eyes met Ma's across the soon-to-be battlefield before the Alamo, and he smirked before tipping his hat to her in a gesture that practically dripped with smug irony. Tension crackled between the two leaders for a moment, the fate of Texas on the line, before...

"FIRE!"
"ˇATACAR!"

And when the gun-smoke and burnt-off Shine fumes cleared...

TEXAS STATE GUARD CASUALTIES

quote:

Life is so SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWW sometimes, ughhhhhhh. It's like everyone around you is moving through a huge swamp of molasses! You used to be stuck in that same swamp, but then Shine came along and changed your world. Now you can do things at a good normal pace, even if nobody else can keep up!
:rip: Little Mac, aka Marley, TOWN-aligned Heavy, was killed in battle on Night 5! :rip:

The defenders had taken losses they could ill afford...

DIVISIÓN DEL NORTE CASUALTIES

quote:

As a man of the cloth, you naturally refrained from luxury and excess. That included all manner of alcohol, even the mysterious Shine. But one night the Devil gained sway over you, and you tried it for the first time - and discovered the wondrous visions it allowed you to induce in others. Since then, it has been a regular component in your sermons - and presently, your battles. May God be with you.
:rip: TMMadman, aka Emmanuel, TOWN-aligned Scout, was killed in battle on Night 5! :rip:

...but the Alamo still stood strong, filled with the spirit of Texas.

:siren: THE BATTLE ENDS IN A DRAW! :siren:

Each army returns to their camp, ready to regroup, recuperate, and prepare - for tomorrow is another day, and another battle awaits.

...But that's not all that was waiting for their return.

DIVISIÓN DEL NORTE CASUALTIES

quote:

Everyone talks about friends, children, or some of that similar nonsense. But not you. You know that your little bugs exist only to aid you, and nothing more. There's millions of them out there - and you can hear them all, every single one.
:rip: GeneX, aka Miguelito, TOWN-aligned Tactician, was killed at home on Night 5! :rip:

Day 6 starts now. Deadline is 8PM ET on Thursday 18-JAN-2018.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 6 :beerpal:

Not Voting (14): chaoslord, Flying Leatherman, Gamerofthegame, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, SalTheBard, Slaan, The Lord of Hats, Tobbs Gnawed, Truth Quark, Your Personal Muse :rubshands:

With 14 people still alive, it takes 8 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 18th, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

:rip: Gene
:rip: TMM

They will be missed

• Locked thread