Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

peter gabriel posted:

Far less funny, so overall worse. I remember the gnashing and wailing by grognards in the face of reasonable logic which was essentially 'we want everyone to share the same background sim'.
Hmmm, maybe it was funnier thinking about it, people lost their poo poo for literally no good reason until the one thing they could latch on to (I HAVE BAD BROADBAND IN KENTUCKY GRRRRR) brought the last remaining few together in what can only be described as the saddest self help group of all time.

well one cost a company a poo poo ton of bad press and lot of money and other made CIG a poo poo ton of money because spergs kept buying the loving ships???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

alf_pogs posted:

where is a new booooootcha videoooooo

Hard :same:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases posted:

Call your loving parents.

Hey Toast Moma - do you have a catte or a doggo? It would (ofc) gain you massive internet points if you did and posted pics of said pets with your... belt :classiclol:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Galarox posted:

Hey Toast Moma - do you have a catte or a doggo? It would (ofc) gain you massive internet points if you did and posted pics of said pets with your... belt :classiclol:

Sorry for doxxing your catte MoMA :ohdear:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cheez posted:

You guys get really worked up over jokes. How come you don't get worked up over star citizen then?
star citizen is no joke

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Galarox posted:

Kinda precisely my point (I was hoping my memory hadn't misconstrued events as I remembered them). As others above have pointed out, the guy who was trying to do a "sick burn" on SC vs ED criticism was clutching at straws.

e - spelling

The other big bit of customer service drama for Frontier would have been their Steam release.

They initially denied providing keys to users for the Steam platform. I believe this lasted about a month (apparently their hold out duration is roughly 1 month to defuse a situation before giving in), before they allowed current users to get a Steam key for their purchase.

Other, additional drama I don’t know about. I think I was aware of the “hot items” where people started to feel cheated over something.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

The other big bit of customer service drama for Frontier would have been their Steam release.

They initially denied providing keys to users for the Steam platform. I believe this lasted about a month (apparently their hold out duration is roughly 1 month to defuse a situation before giving in), before they allowed current users to get a Steam key for their purchase.

Other, additional drama I don’t know about. I think I was aware of the “hot items” where people started to feel cheated over something.

Can you imagine SC on Steam?! I reckon the salt on the forums would be adequate to supply a small country.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Quavers posted:

Sorry for doxxing your catte MoMA :ohdear:

No fancy gleaming belt buckles here. For guys with understated style, these buffalo-leather belts add a simple, sleek finish to your look.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Galarox posted:

Can you imagine SC on Steam?! I reckon the salt on the forums would be adequate to supply a small country.

*lightbulb appears over head*
So THAT'S why the game refuses to even start so much. It'll take you more than Steam's two hour return period just to get into the game and find out it's poo poo. Those CIG boys are some kind of clever.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Sunswipe posted:

*lightbulb appears over head*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsxYNuCRl10

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Spiritual successor to Theme Hospital?

In CIG-related news: has Ben Lesnick been told some harsh truths by fellow employees?

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
My MOMA catte moment, the poor catte couldn't wait to escape from... the belt. And then my trousers fell down.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Nunes posted:

I feel like this would not be fair as it will glitch. My suggestion would be take the time stamp of the first crash. If this is an odd number, then Baxta wins. If it is an even number, then Crisp wins. You could also do this for 3rd and 4th place.

Most stimpirical. Beet / Beer / Agent, please present yourselves to the landing pad and try killing each other. This will be glorious. tia.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Galarox posted:

My MOMA catte moment, the poor catte couldn't wait to escape from... the belt. And then my trousers fell down.

your cat looks hollow, like death

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

having to play star citizen as a tiebreaker is some "solomon cuts the baby in half" cruel wisdom poo poo

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Cao Ni Ma posted:

your cat looks hollow, like death

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

reddit posted:

C&P Changes
  • Attach Crimes to ships, not the CMDR, it gives the criminal "flexibility"
  • Penalty to wanted ships, docking as wanted will connect you as an anon-protocols, which means security won't know you, but the services are lessened.
  • Different types of crime. More things are locked with Murder, etc.
  • "You can be a villian in one place, but a hero in another"
  • Fines don't become bounties.
  • -Bounties are never going to become Dormant.
  • "Law ETA in x seconds" when bounty was gained
  • Fraction Rebuy cost of ship is added onto bounty
  • Fraction of Victims rebuy cost is added to bounty
  • Victim of Murder Hobos will have rebuy lessened by how much Murderer pays
  • New Stack on Notoriety. Modifies of your rebuy cost as your notoriety increases.
  • Notoriety goes down as your ship is destroyed, this is the only way it goes down.
  • Shows starports and areas as wanted in navigation
  • Shows Anon-access
  • Introducing Superpower Bounties, ie Empire Bounties, you need to trigger by a lot of bounty threshhold
  • Sorta Hidden on the starport screen - Remote Workshop for Engineers
  • How you respawn, "Detention Centers"
  • You will be re-spawned at the nearest Detention Center, you have to pay for your fines and bounties.
  • If you become hostile on the landing pad, you will be ported to the nearest detention center.
  • "Looking into Criminality" as a viable path.
  • Galnet Audio and Galnet Symbol on the Right Screen, - Showed when showing where noteriety was
  • "Murder of Security service gave an 86,000 bounty"
  • Combat logging is an entirely separate issue
  • ATR's or "Void Runners" , "Blue eppelets", etc, are heavily armed and engineered assault ships that will basically make everyone leave and die. Not unavailable, but really hard to kill. (ED was killed in a FDL within seconds)
  • "Keep in mind this is a hot build, the beta will change all sorts of numbers"
  • Modules are also hot, cannot put hot modules into a clean ship, clean into a hot ship makes the module hot.
  • Detention centers are always within close starports.
  • You can get rid of bounties by interstellar factors at a increased cost

Wing Missions
  • Each CMDR can choose a different reward when they complete the mission.
  • Wing Commander has a special tab to view Progress and assigned CMDRS
  • You can apparently do multiple runs for a mission. So if one requires 500 units you can do two runs of 250 units and it would work, each cmdr can take x amount for the run.
  • You can see how much everyone is taking live.
  • Wing Missions icon
  • There are massacre missions, massacre conflict, assassination, cargo, basic missions that can be done together.
  • You can take Wing Missions as a Single Player.
  • Each person can accept a wing mission, so a wing of 4 can have up to 4 missions.
  • At a certain threshold, you can accept a "Partial Accept".

Looks like ED is finally getting their version of CONCORD. Glad of it.

Where is SC's roadmap for TYOOL 2018?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Galarox posted:

Yes, and his investment has paid handsomely!

https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/03/people-have-spent-over-1m-buying-virtual-cats-on-the-ethereum-blockchain/

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

not all fetch quests are bad

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

no_recall posted:

So this is stuff Elite is planning for this year? Or stuff they're adding right now. Sounds fun either way.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

quote:

People are spending a crazy amount of real money on the game. So far about $1.3M has been transacted, with multiple kittens selling for ~50 ETH (around $23,000) and the “genesis” kitten being sold for a record ~246 ETH (around $113,000). This third party site tracks the largest purchases made to date on the game.

:wtchris:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

D_Smart posted:

I forgot yesterday.

Anyway, this is Piper. He is a 9yr old pure bred British Jack Russell terrier. We've had him since he was about 6 months old. He's a nutcase. In other words, a wahlord's best friend. :D

Ahh holy poo poo this owns

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

ManofManyAliases posted:

Call your loving parents.

it is impolite to call people during Coitus

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

no_recall posted:

• Sell poo poo.
• Make excuses.
• Sell more poo poo to make up for having to make excuses.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Gosts posted:

So this is stuff Elite is planning for this year? Or stuff they're adding right now. Sounds fun either way.

This is update 1 of 4 hitting beta in 8 days. It addresses a lot of things which we always wanted but never got, hopefully FD fleshes out ED more than expanding the foundations again. The other 3 will be dropping in the other quarters of the year.

I just want it to become spaceship Diablo, is that too much to ask?

Looks like its time to dust off my FDL.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

no_recall posted:

This is update 1 of 4 hitting beta in 8 days. It addresses a lot of things which we always wanted but never got, hopefully FD fleshes out ED more than expanding the foundations again. The other 3 will be dropping in the other quarters of the year.

I just want it to become spaceship Diablo, is that too much to ask?

Looks like its time to dust off my FDL.

In English pls?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

reddit posted:

Here are my observations. My observed load times were crippling on both the SATA SSD and the Physical Hard Drive. From launching PU, I normally wait 20-30 seconds on the Samsung NVme M.2 SSD. The SATA kingston SSD took 77 and 90 Seconds out of two runs. The WD Red Hard Drive took 185 and 220 Seconds out of two runs. Frames were also hurt by the speed of the drive. It seems that Star Citizen is capable of maxing out a hard drives bandwidth. Frames start fine as usual and quickly degrade resulting in stuttering. The HDD activity light went on and basically stayed on. My player experience was unplayable on a Hard Drive. The SATA SSD also resulted in a less than my usual experience.

Star Citizen: Hardware crippling

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Virtual Captain posted:

Star Citizen: Hardware crippling

Fideliciousness

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Galarox posted:

New Legal Drama:

:perfect:
:five::five::five:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Galarox posted:

In English pls?

ED, is built on some serious tech. But poo poo for brains when it comes to doing anything fun. From their roadmap this year, it seems their updating many core systems / mechanics to enable players to do more without jumping through stupid rear end hoops and just have silly fun.

One example is running missions together.

Right now, you simply can't. All you can do is hope that the mission board has the same quests sending you and your friends to the same place and having the same objectives. What they're going to have in the update will be something close to WoW's share quest feature, but deeper systems to prevent player fraud (typical Elite).

Another thing they're addressing is PVP. ED's world is complete nullsec, so that makes it a paradise for gankers and griefers in lowbie systems. So FD is finally implementing some serious police force that's active everywhere and from what I understand, a more punishing system for murderers.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Dementropy posted:

Hilarious screencaps

I-It - it might have even been... A FEMALE!!!!

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

no_recall posted:

ED, is built on some serious tech. But poo poo for brains when it comes to doing anything fun. From their roadmap this year, it seems their updating many core systems / mechanics to enable players to do more without jumping through stupid rear end hoops and just have silly fun.

One example is running missions together.

Right now, you simply can't. All you can do is hope that the mission board has the same quests sending you and your friends to the same place and having the same objectives. What they're going to have in the update will be something close to WoW's share quest feature, but deeper systems to prevent player fraud (typical Elite).

Another thing they're addressing is PVP. ED's world is complete nullsec, so that makes it a paradise for gankers and griefers in lowbie systems. So FD is finally implementing some serious police force that's active everywhere and from what I understand, a more punishing system for murderers.

Thanks - that makes it somewhat clearer to my addled brain :v:

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Mr.Tophat posted:

I love polishing rubbing this diamond

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Why do people think game makes can just "polish" bad performance away at a later date? That poo poo is fundamental. There's no project in history that has gone from 10fps to 60+ with some last stretch polishing.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Experience excitement like "Finding place the procedural generation hosed up" in the new NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL CONTENT 42!!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

Experience excitement like "Finding place the procedural generation hosed up" in the new NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL CONTENT 42!!

these, and the body horror glitches, are unironically the most visually-exciting things about the game

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Link the stream pls Beet. We want to watch the awfulness unfold. Or possibly fold in on itself if your commando gets all Stimpire and self destructs into a self transforming nightmare monster thingy.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm the starship that's literally the color of dirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Galarox posted:

Link the stream pls Beet. We want to watch the awfulness unfold. Or possibly fold in on itself if your commando gets all Stimpire and self destructs into a self transforming nightmare monster thingy.

Not streaming, I archered this from reddit. Had some software issues I needed to sort out that ended up in a complete windows reinstall today. Got Star Citizen reinstalled (:suicide:) and I'll get OBS and all my dumb stream poo poo sorted out tomorrow when I get home.