Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

ThinkTank posted:

Timo Meier and Denis Gurianov were a whopper of a pair of whiffs too.

I thought Meier would be better but it turns out that was all Ehlers.

The worst thing about Zacha is that he was touted as being this bignasty power forward (I guess because he got suspended once in his draft year?) who would drive through people but he's the biggest pussy on the team. If you could put Zubrus's brain in his body he would be well Zubrus but I wouldn't be surprised if the Devils move him within two years.

McLeod is also looking like another useless bottom 6er (although at least with him there's makings maybe of a shutdown type if everything pans out), thank god they hit so hard on Hischier and Bratt.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

The Islanders are real bad

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

but, Barzal!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The Islanders have perhaps the best top-6 in all of hockey and are a bottom-3 team literally everywhere else

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

they did give up two separate two-goal leads to the habs last night

FBS posted:

but, Barzal!

he's real good

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

AsInHowe posted:

My favorite recent Kid Rock fact is that, thanks to his endorsement, his restaurant in LCA is ranked 4th in all metrics within the arena, despite the arena having only three restaurants.

Wait, really? That's hilarious, do you have a link?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/953447698153328642

This s the hockey equivalent of the Browns QB jersey train right?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I mean they chose that specific wording because Talbot played 36 games for the Rangers when Lundqvist was hurt that one year but I guess they weren't all starts so sure.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

ThinkTank posted:

Timo Meier and Denis Gurianov were a whopper of a pair of whiffs too.

well you know, some dude from Siberia told one of the Stars' scouts that Gurianov was one of the top 3 players in that draft, so what are you gonna do?

The thing that is going to sink the Dallas Stars more than anything is their need to make off the board picks in the draft from largely un-scouted 3rd tier junior leagues in Europe :(

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Wait, really? That's hilarious, do you have a link?

Yes, really. No link because I got it from the arena staff, but there's a bar outside the arena that is more popular than Kid Rock. Negative numbers during Pistons games, lower than anyone else for Wings games.

One thing I can get some links for is that Kid Rock's charitable donations are actually naming rights deals, so things get named after him and he can take the credit. He also expects this to create a bunch of nonprofits that he can demand defense from in case he makes an rear end of himself.

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 17, 2018

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Starsfan posted:

well you know, some dude from Siberia told one of the Stars' scouts that Gurianov was one of the top 3 players in that draft, so what are you gonna do?

The thing that is going to sink the Dallas Stars more than anything is their need to make off the board picks in the draft from largely un-scouted 3rd tier junior leagues in Europe :(

Craig Button said Gurianov was the best shooter in that draft.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Isn't it a bit premature to write off a 19 or 20 year old or whatever as a bust?

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Thufir posted:

Arvidsson is on IR for Nashville now and Forsberg is still out so they will probably score exactly 1 goal tonight.

Aaand now Carrier probably hotbrained Johansen

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Isn't it a bit premature to write off a 19 or 20 year old or whatever as a bust?

Funny that a Bruins fan would say this...

:v:

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/MarkLazerus/status/953455200198627328

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ah, the LTIR disease

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maybe that's why he fell down the stairs a couple years ago!

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Hawks finding new and creative ways to cheat the cap space yet again!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I guess Hossa wants to play again

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

That sucks. I hope they can get it figured out. Vertigo is no joke. My dad gets it 1-2 times per year and it lays him up for up to a month. He has told me he thinks about killing himself when he feels it coming on. It can be that bad.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

yellowcar posted:

Hawks finding new and creative ways to cheat the cap space yet again!

They arent even sniffing the playoffs if Crawford misses the whole season so there would be no point to doing this.

He was pretty much having a career year this year too. Then the loving Stars had to go and run and break him because they are jealous of teams with actual talent between the pipes. :mad:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

They arent even sniffing the playoffs if Crawford misses the whole season so there would be no point to doing this.

He was pretty much having a career year this year too. Then the loving Stars had to go and run and break him because they are jealous of teams with actual talent between the pipes. :mad:

Time for Niemi to come home!

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Went to Rags Flyers tonight. It is astonishing to me how much the Rags have the Flyers number. I mean we looked like total garbage for basically the last month and then all of a sudden it’s Rick Nash potential hat trick?! Brian Elliott looked goodish for the blues too. I guess Philly is where goalies go to die.

E: sorry FAS :(

EE: not really

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
This is the first time in over 2 years that I can remember the Blues scoring with their net empty to send the game into overtime.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Furnaceface posted:

I think Bowman's recent moves (Duclair, Kampf, bringing Erik Gustaffson and Jurco up for new auditions in midst of a playoff race) make sense if they plan on punting the season away with Crow out for good. He certainly has not sound like someone worried about the playoffs this year in recent press conferences. Might as well give the young players as much of a chance to learn, grow, and prove they belong.

And yea, for all the jokes about the Hawks freeing up more cap space, this is one of the last players they would even want to go on IR. He was playing like a Vezina finalist and has one of the best contracts on the team.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
The only good thing for the flyers tonight:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NHLFlyers/status/953445730810810368/photo/1

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Toews’ statement seems kind of dumb if it’s vertigo.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
and Chicago is the go to franchise for rampant alcoholism.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/DavidGuralnick/status/953461333860679681

The only other Wings fan I work with thinks that they should buy at the deadline and push for a playoff spot, and if it doesn't work out they can just fire Holland and wait for THE CAPTAIN to come home.

Must be nice to be that optimistic.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

T-Bone posted:

and Chicago is the go to franchise for rampant alcoholism.

Nothing else to do once you've been to the field museum. It's either too muggy in the summer or too windy in the winter.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I get vertigo regularly and it really is no joke. Mine is luckily not super bad in terms of symptoms, but it's becoming an almost daily thing for me, and it's really bad at night when I can't see. But even while it affects me to the point of me being maybe 5% not completely fine, 5% in a professional hockey goalie would have way bigger consequences to his job than the effect it has on me of "sometimes bumps into the kitchen counter".

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Detroit is surprisingly fun to watch in spite of being a dumpster fire. The kids are fun. Nyquist and Tatar still celebrate every goal like it’s a triple OT stanley cup winner. Mike Green and Trevor Daley decided to not even pretend to play defense anymore, which leads to crazy poo poo happening all the time. Mrazek and Howard are both scrambling to prove their trade value. Good times. I’m only sad when they show Zetterberg, who is apparently content to just slowly suffocate until he retires.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Kovalev had vertigo too and SAS made fun of him :mad:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Does Detroit have a lot to sell off to rebuild if they do want to? I'd imagine not, but Marc Bergevin is still employed....

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 17, 2018

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Does Detroit have a lot to sell off to rebuild if they do want to?

the contracts they'd try to sell are largely all poo poo for very old players. nobody is going to buy them

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thufir posted:

Arvidsson is on IR for Nashville now and Forsberg is still out so they will probably score exactly 1 goal tonight.

You weren't wrong

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/redwings

Outside of Mike Green, no.

gently caress no.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
This road trip for Vegas isn't going to go well. Can't wait for all the regression talk :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

i am the bird posted:

Detroit is surprisingly fun to watch in spite of being a dumpster fire. The kids are fun. Nyquist and Tatar still celebrate every goal like it’s a triple OT stanley cup winner. Mike Green and Trevor Daley decided to not even pretend to play defense anymore, which leads to crazy poo poo happening all the time. Mrazek and Howard are both scrambling to prove their trade value. Good times. I’m only sad when they show Zetterberg, who is apparently content to just slowly suffocate until he retires.

That Bertuzzi kid has a pretty sick flo. And his breakaway pass that led to the wings second goal was drat slick.

• Locked thread