Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Not streaming, I archered this from reddit. Had some software issues I needed to sort out that ended up in a complete windows reinstall today. Got Star Citizen reinstalled (:suicide:) and I'll get OBS and all my dumb stream poo poo sorted out tomorrow when I get home.

The Eighth Amendment of the Constitution states: 'Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.' The amendment is meant to safeguard Americans against excessive punishments.

e - oops unintentional snipe. Catte taxxe to follow:

Galarox fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ghostlight posted:

star citizen is no joke

lmao

Galarox posted:

New Legal Drama:

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
If you guys are truly playing SC3.jesus right now, you should try to replicate that gif of people dancing on an upside down ship as it explodes.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
So the road to 4.0 is Star Citizen's roadmap this year?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

This beauty can be your for 150k or, in SC terms, 10 completionists.

We live in incredibly stupid times.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

no_recall posted:

So the road to 4.0 is Star Citizen's roadmap this year?

The chances of 4.0 being released this year are Slim and None... and Slim? Well Slim is right outa town. If the Commandos are lucky they will get 3.1 this year. But don't hold your breath.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

This beauty can be your for 150k or, in SC terms, 10 completionists.

We live in incredibly stupid times.

All I can say is: WHY? What? and: Really? Jesuschris - & I thought Commandos were idiots....

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Beet Wagon posted:

Experience excitement like "Finding place the procedural generation hosed up" in the new NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL CONTENT 42!!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Galarox posted:

All I can say is: WHY? What? and: Really? Jesuschris - I thought Commandos were idiots....

Add together the ever-growing digital vs real disconnect, certain groups of people (nerds) with lots of money to spend (due to smaller families, tech jobs, etc), a hunger for consumption that cannot be sated, and deriving your sense of value from what you have, and you arrive to the modern world.

It is a sad, supremely silly place.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLORE THE CHASM?????

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

Add together the ever-growing digital vs real disconnect, certain groups of people (nerds) with lots of money to spend (due to smaller families, tech jobs, etc), a hunger for consumption that cannot be sated, and deriving your sense of value from what you have, and you arrive to the modern world.

It is a sad, supremely silly place.

Please excuse me while I kill myself in despair at the human condition.

Galarox fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 17, 2018

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

You can see in those screen shot too, it's not SC that sucks, it's your pagefile.

JFC what is this 1999?

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

alf_pogs posted:

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLORE THE CHASM?????

I prefered you old AV. I was kewl.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Kinda looks like Akuma from Street Fighter

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Galarox posted:

I prefered you old AV. I was kewl.

maybe one day i'll switch back, but for now the Miiverse Alf reigns

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

AbstractNapper posted:

Kinda looks like Akuma from Street Fighter

Vlitra for the Asura's Wrath remake looking like absolute poo poo.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

alf_pogs posted:

maybe one day i'll switch back, but for now the Miiverse Alf reigns

Say it ain't true!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ghostlight posted:

star citizen is no joke

:confused:

Im at a loss

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

AURORA DANCING WHEN LANDING ON DAYMAR

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Go to Daymar
2. Land anywhere, with landing gear deployed
3. Turn OFF your ship
4. Sometimes it will start to roll on the ground or dance

ACTUAL RESULT

The ship moves by itself and it's impossible to get back in it.

EXPECTED RESULT

Should have been able to land normally.

https://giant.gfycat.com/GrandioseSpicyElectriceel.mp4

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Bring it around town... bring it arooound toooown...

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

:confused:

Im at a loss

Hey Jobbo - those are pics of Dereks' Doggo Piper Legal. Hope that sorts the confusion out :)

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

In CIG-related news: has Ben Lesnick been told some harsh truths by fellow employees?

The irony of this particular person liking this particular image is :vince:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

Dreidel physics are IN! :jewish:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Go to Daymar
3. Turn OFF your ship

ACTUAL RESULT

EXPECTED RESULT

The commando becomes the submarine, so the emotes affect the submarine. That's just a /dance.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

boviscopophobic posted:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Go to Daymar
3. Turn OFF your ship

ACTUAL RESULT

EXPECTED RESULT

https://giant.gfycat.com/GrandioseSpicyElectriceel.mp4

So, have the citizens realized that gravity does not affect ships and the in-atmo flight model is the same as the space one (which is basically no-clip mode?).

Sometimes I try to think reasons for certain bugs to happen but this game always throws you a curveball, i have absolutely no idea of how could that be happening.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Are people not getting that was a loss edit, or is "not getting that it was a loss edit" the joke (that I'm not getting)??

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wise Learned Man posted:

Are people not getting that was a loss edit, or is "not getting that it was a loss edit" the joke (that I'm not getting)??

Maybe they should have added a B^U to make it more clear to you?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

At one point what we posted were normal jokes. Then we posted meta jokes. Then, after that, we posted what are known as post-jokes that ascended above meta jokes. Now, we are going even further beyond to post post-post-jokes. They may take even longer than the others to get.

Baldness
Dec 1, 2017

trucutru posted:

So, have the citizens realized that gravity does not affect ships and the in-atmo flight model is the same as the space one (which is basically no-clip mode?).

Sometimes I try to think reasons for certain bugs to happen but this game always throws you a curveball, i have absolutely no idea of how could that be happening.

Neither does anyone working on Star Citizen.

Baldness fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 17, 2018

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ghostlight posted:

At one point what we posted were normal jokes. Then we posted meta jokes. Then, after that, we posted what are known as post-jokes that ascended above meta jokes. Now, we are going even further beyond to post post-post-jokes. They may take even longer than the others to get.

This would never have happened if we were allowed to post anime.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

anime and beyond the infinite

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SoftNum posted:

For those of you not 'in the know'.. in UO originally you had to grind money/stats for hours on mining or some other activity to successfully hunt a rabbit; let alone kill a headless or a real monster.

Original UO was hot poo poo on toast.

It's talking about the "good-natured realm of respectable combat" bit.

UO was a PKer paradise. Even when Trammel came around and you could be safe somewhere from PvP, you were absolutely not safe from increasingly creative grief. There were a billion little ways you could screw over your fellow man and take their poo poo.

It was loving delightful, if you were into grief!

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Beet Wagon posted:

Experience excitement like "Finding place the procedural generation hosed up" in the new NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL CONTENT 42!!

Oh hey, you found the moon Asura and Augus fought on.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dusty Lens posted:

anime and beyond the infinite

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

BAHAHAAHAH kindergarten patches LOL

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
YOUTUBE: Batgirl’s State of the Game, January 13th

(This is the longest Batgirl SoTG episode I’ve ever seen. Forgive me if I dispense of the first half hour pretty briskly, there is so much here not worth covering and I’m going giving that latter part extra attention.)

It’s over an hour and a half and one of the first things out of her mouth is a statement of confidence that 2018 is going to be an amazing year for Star Citizen.

She starts things off hopping in her much-beloved Mustang and is off in search of adventures, the sort that await a courier accepting a pickup and delivery job a half hour out of town. It’s a riveting experience even for a viewer, just watching her navigate through nothingness for minutes at a time as she races towards the dark side of a barren moon to pick up a box.

Alas, in her nascent encounters with emergent gameplay, a plot complication ensues. Almost a half hour into her mission, the lurking horror slowly, inexorably dawns upon her. She brought the wrong ship! You can’t haul cargo in the Mustang, Batgirl!

She cuts back to Olisar, gets kicked off the terminal a couple times trying to get a ship that can actually carry cargo. Then does the whole corridors to ship to jump to descend to the moon thing again. We are 40 minutes in to the video now and still nothing resembling gameplay has transpired, just lots and lots of monologing. But as she approaches the 40 minute mark, things pick up. She gives her opinions about Pay To Win, then discusses her fury and grief when Bensdays with Batgirl was cancelled. Apparently others complained that Batgirl was getting preferential treatment from CIG via direct access with the Master of Ships.

—> 44:44!
:chanpop:

She has found the black box and begins the long jog back to her craft. Futzing ensues until she figures out how to put it down.

She decides to return to the shipwreck and explore. What’s this? Another box?!

Well it looks like this 45 minute long fetch quest sans combat or adventure par excellence just got doubly fun! She picks up yet another box, begins the trek back to her ship, decides to retrieve yet another box!

Welcome my friends to a little thing we call a game loop of emergent gameplay.

“This might take a while folks — sorry about that... but this is FUN!”

Moments later she explains that she parked far away from the shipwreck because she loves walking towards her ship. So get comfortable because she’s going to be doing that marathon for a small eternity a half dozen times.

(This is an animated gif which may or may not load. If not, here’s a link to her 22 minutes condensed to 30 seconds...)

Yet while she performs this ritual of the highest fidelity mundanity ever unleashed upon the world, she strikes up a conversation with her viewers.

51 minutes in, “So tell me folks... what is the most exciting part of 3.0 for you?” You’re playing it, Batgirl. Oh, but then she asks what the most disappointing aspect of 3.0 has been for viewers, and proceeds to answer the question herself.

Batgirl, the Heretic posted:

“To me the most disappointing thing was that they dumped it out in a state of not being done. You’re telling everybody how amazing this is... how utterly perfect it is, this game, and then you’re saying ‘It’s in development’ and people don’t hear the second part.”

She talks about those like her who have long supported the game out of love of Chris Roberts, ”Anything Chris makes turns to gold. Well not always.”

And then, as if she is being tested by the gods of irony, she attempts to lower the gold cargo box she’s been carrying and watches it clip through the floor of her ship.

“Batgirl“ posted:

What the hell?! It fell right through the ship!”

She goes beneath the ship to retrieve it, musing about the timing of her Chris Roberts praise. She picks it up, carries it inside, and this time it stays. Back to the grind!

Boredom returns for several minutes. She searches further, hoping she might find a dragonfly. Chris did during his Gamescom 2016 playthrough, so it’s not that big a stretch. Then again, do you really think Chris would give away that which he could sell?

Well, this post is already long enough so I’ll spare you too much additional detail on Batgirl’s big mission. Here, an hour and twenty minutes in, is the final punchline. Voiced with two different accents and three different personalities.

I don’t want to give anything away. Sometimes, despite enormous effort and endurance on your part, you can’t.

”This is becoming a nightmare. A nightmare of futility.”

Not one to give up without a fight, Batgirl tries yet again, leaving the station and returning, traipsing through the corridors to once again plead with the NPC who can compensate her for what was surely two hours of her time.

But he’s got other words for this backer, and in many ways they’re about the truest words ever uttered about the 6 years in development $180 million pre-Alpha.

”Hey, take your poo poo.”

And that, dear friends, is The State of the Game.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 18, 2018

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

this hole was made for me!!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Perfect symmetry achieved?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Galarox posted:

Hey Jobbo - those are pics of Dereks' Doggo Piper Legal. Hope that sorts the confusion out :)

Its a weird edit is what Im saying.