Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Im with MoraleHazard (and the point about the ultimates doesn't match for my fleet at least)

I completed the 6* Tarkin challenge before the ultimate was ever ready, by contrast my fleet gets wiped long before any ultimates are used in both the 6* Ackbar and Windu challenges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The fleet you have to fight with Windu is by far the most bullshit

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

Im with MoraleHazard (and the point about the ultimates doesn't match for my fleet at least)

I completed the 6* Tarkin challenge before the ultimate was ever ready, by contrast my fleet gets wiped long before any ultimates are used in both the 6* Ackbar and Windu challenges.

Even before you get to the ult, the principle hold true.

What do Mace’s abilities do?

Weak damage and apply a target lock. An ‘AoE’ that’s really a 1-2 target shot unless you can put up 3+ target locks, something you need Vader to do reliably, and which puts up a buff that gets you to ult faster. A heal/taunt combo to help your ships survive longer and kill things.

What do Ackbars abilities do?

Weak damage and call a random ship to assist. Weak AoE damage and call two random ships to assist. A heal/cleanse combo that gives others advantage.

What do Tarkins abilities do?

Solid damage and expose, which increases your ships damage without requiring them to have higher stats. AoE damage and ability block. 40% ™ and offense up for your fleet.

It’s just a much more offensive, aggressive kit.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Since you can't use TIE's on those lightside challenges, it's important to get SOME target locks into your line-up for sustaining Biggs.

Rex (basic)
Clone Sergeant (basic)
Fives (special)
Bistan (special)

All can apply target locks. Fives is particularly good since you can sling a taunt on him to save your Biggs and draw out the fight a bit.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

Since you can't use TIE's on those lightside challenges, it's important to get SOME target locks into your line-up for sustaining Biggs.

Rex (basic)
Clone Sergeant (basic)
Fives (special)
Bistan (special)

All can apply target locks. Fives is particularly good since you can sling a taunt on him to save your Biggs and draw out the fight a bit.

Don’t forget
Biggs (on basic crit)
Phantom (double TL on special)
Cassian (Special, not Resistable, can also call a targeted assist on someone who TL’s on basic like Rex or Sarge or Biggs)
and
Resistance X Wing (Special, but lol don’t use resistance x wing)

Also remember that Mace’s basic can apply TL

And targeted assist calls (Cassian, Ghost) onto Rex/Sarge are solid options too.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Something Maulful goons:

There's a lot of interest in changing our raid time start from 8am/8pm pacific to always starting at Noon pacific. We've got a day before we're ready to start any new raids, so if changing to this start time is a problem, please speak up.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Davethulhu posted:

Something Maulful goons:

There's a lot of interest in changing our raid time start from 8am/8pm pacific to always starting at Noon pacific. We've got a day before we're ready to start any new raids, so if changing to this start time is a problem, please speak up.

Oh, I just realized I have a daily meeting at that time. Any chance we could adjust it an hour 1 way or the other? 11a would work best but 1p is fine too.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
4 pm Eastern is my commute so I'll miss every single raid

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

11am PST is fine for me. 2pm EST is a downtime usually for me.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Anyone got a problem with 11am PST?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Yeesh, I'm really not carrying my weight in these raids. What's the current meta teams for HRancor and HAAT, which don't use event characters? I'm still getting my event rosters up to snuff, and they weren't quite ready in this last go around, so no CLS, R2, BB8, or Thrawn.

*Without those characters it isn't meta, I know, but what's the best I can do with non-event toons?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

Yeesh, I'm really not carrying my weight in these raids. What's the current meta teams for HRancor and HAAT, which don't use event characters? I'm still getting my event rosters up to snuff, and they weren't quite ready in this last go around, so no CLS, R2, BB8, or Thrawn.

*Without those characters it isn't meta, I know, but what's the best I can do with non-event toons?

For HAAT zFinn resistance is still pretty much the best thing going outside of Heroes Journey toons. zFinn, Poe, RTrooper, 2 of RPilot/Rey/R2

For Rancor, you could get by with Zader, TFP, Thrawn, Tarkin, Jyn. Or Teebo, TFP, Vader/Fives, Jyn, FOO. Without CLS you just need to make sure your toons all do TM down and you're bringing tenacity down and speed down in some form.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

Anyone got a problem with 11am PST?

We're now aiming for 11am PST raid start times. Also we'll limit to 1 raid per day. Again, comment if this will be a problem (Something Maulful goons).

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Welp the 5* Thrawn ship event was harder than expected, i am getting steamrolled time and time again.
I really love how he can reinforce with additional reapers and how his AOE has no cooldown (or maybe it resets cooldown if it kills something)
Best try so far was my Phantom at full health vs a TIE at 50% health then Thrawn does back to back AOEs for 35k damage a pop.

I had saved up quite a lot of resources, 5m gold, 4m ship gold, ~200 T3 ability mats which i all funneled into the pilots and that helped exactly gently caress all. Wedge and Cassians ships die so incredibly fast.
I guess the fact that i did manage to get a 1v1 once means that with a bit more luck i can do this event.

Also since Thrawns ship is so good (?) i guess not getting it is not really an option and that i should continue to power up all related pilots/ships for the duration of the event?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

Welp the 5* Thrawn ship event was harder than expected, i am getting steamrolled time and time again.
I really love how he can reinforce with additional reapers and how his AOE has no cooldown (or maybe it resets cooldown if it kills something)
Best try so far was my Phantom at full health vs a TIE at 50% health then Thrawn does back to back AOEs for 35k damage a pop.

I had saved up quite a lot of resources, 5m gold, 4m ship gold, ~200 T3 ability mats which i all funneled into the pilots and that helped exactly gently caress all. Wedge and Cassians ships die so incredibly fast.
I guess the fact that i did manage to get a 1v1 once means that with a bit more luck i can do this event.

Also since Thrawns ship is so good (?) i guess not getting it is not really an option and that i should continue to power up all related pilots/ships for the duration of the event?

He has two aoe’s; both are on a four turn cooldown, though the ultimate one starts on CD

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think this has AI similar to mace/aa events in that you should keep re-rolling until you notice him NOT reinforcing. I lucked out and got it on the 1st try. Cap ship used 3 non-reinforce abilities in a row and that was enough to tip it in my favor.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Something Maulful goons: Starting today we're changing raids 9:00 am pacific time. We'll also limit to a single raid per day. Raid rules once started remain the same (24 hour zero damage hold, 30 minute damage hold on rancor once it starts). If this is causing problems for anyone, let me know and we can continue to adjust.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

Chilichimp posted:

For HAAT zFinn resistance is still pretty much the best thing going outside of Heroes Journey toons. zFinn, Poe, RTrooper, 2 of RPilot/Rey/R2

Thanks for the advice. Any others? I saw some videos of Sagave giving HAAT a solo beat down with his heal over time stacking. I've also heard Ventress is pretty hot when you can keep killing the infinite adds.

All of this is moot while I star up ships to get into the Zeta challenge, cause I ain't got poo poo Zetas mats. :/

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

WerrWaaa posted:

Thanks for the advice. Any others? I saw some videos of Sagave giving HAAT a solo beat down with his heal over time stacking. I've also heard Ventress is pretty hot when you can keep killing the infinite adds.

All of this is moot while I star up ships to get into the Zeta challenge, cause I ain't got poo poo Zetas mats. :/

Ventress is specifically part of a megacomp that requires a team of legendary characters - BB8, CLS, Thrawn; if you can build the zventress comp, you can probably build an alternative that does comparable damage using Han Solo or rey or etc; it’s not useful baby wants to get better at HAAT material. It’s Advanced Tactics Solo The Whole Thing.

As for Savage, again, not really gonna help you. Savage with a zeta can Solo all of P1 or p3.... but it’s tedious and takes literal hours and dozens of retreat and renter cycles as you do 1-2% of the bosses health in damage each time. It would be useful if the guild was unable to clear HAAT because of a p3 hump but P1,2,4 were doable, but that’s not the case. It’s not going to help you put up bigger numbers and higher scores.

If you want to do that, the thing to do is just focus on gearing up good characters with broad utility, and maybe slap a zeta on Finn for an ezmode 5 million.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

zSavage, yes. Don't burn a zeta on savage just for HAAT.

There are comps outside of what I said, but they all require either legendary/hero toons, or poo poo that's single hard-mode farm

Like, grand Maneuver https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDJUDrLG1Sg

But even this requires a 7* shoretrooper which is a good thing to have, but it's single hard-mode farm. (totally farm it, he owns as does the TIE reaper). It'll take like 6+ months to get there.

There's a reason we tell people to get zFinn. It's easy to get the required toons and it owns in 4-5 different game modes.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 18, 2018

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Yay for my 7*g11 Shore.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Don't know why I'm having a helluva time with Thrawn VI. I have everyone up to 79, 7* and decent mods with Chopper and Ezra at G9 and everyone else at G8. Should I not be auto-ing through the first 3 rounds? Any other tips?

EDIT: lol never mind, I beat it by not auto-ing and killing the DTs first

im cute fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 19, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

Yay for my 7*g11 Shore.

just recently G11'ed mine too, it's a good feeling, that fucker owns.

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
Hell yeah, seven star art snob

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I missed Chimera the first time around so I spent upwards of 2000 crystals to make sure i didn't miss it this time. Not only did you extend the Home One event for people who clearly didn't understand your history of predatory practices that I planned ahead for but then I see people with Chimera on my shard that don't even meet the requirement. As someone who has spent a significant amount of money on this game I demand a refund for you arbitrarily choosing to move the goal posts for the HO event as well as for all the people who are exploiting the Chimera event. I will not spend another cent on this game until something is done to address this.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

I missed Chimera the first time around so I spent upwards of 2000 crystals to make sure i didn't miss it this time. Not only did you extend the Home One event for people who clearly didn't understand your history of predatory practices that I planned ahead for but then I see people with Chimera on my shard that don't even meet the requirement. As someone who has spent a significant amount of money on this game I demand a refund for you arbitrarily choosing to move the goal posts for the HO event as well as for all the people who are exploiting the Chimera event. I will not spend another cent on this game until something is done to address this.

source your quotes

CDW
Aug 26, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

source your quotes

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Chimera-Bug-Not-Requiring-5-Rebel-Ships/m-p/6582213#M7566

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
It's true. I six starred with only four ships.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, I five starred with only four ships. I was pretty surprised when it let me, because I seemed to remember it requiring 5 last time around. Is it actually a bug, or did they just lower the requirements?

edit: Just read the link, apparently it is a bug. Ha, sweet.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Double post, but some people on Reddit are saying that anyone who "exploited" this could be banned or put onto a "cheaters shard". They cite some similar exploit involving Vader from years ago. Any chance of that? I wasn't even really paying attention to requirements, I just went in a played the event, and was surprised it kept letting me.

I doubt it, since the response so far from the devs has been, "Eh, we'll fix it with the next update, in the meantime, it would be really hard to do without 5 ships anyway." Which, I mean...not really, for 5 stars at least, which unlocks it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7rgzje/chimera_currently_bugged_can_complete_tiers/

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Meanwhile I didn't bother getting Phantom to five stars because I knew I wouldn't have one of the U-wings ready, so I miss out.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Double post, but some people on Reddit are saying that anyone who "exploited" this could be banned or put onto a "cheaters shard". They cite some similar exploit involving Vader from years ago. Any chance of that? I wasn't even really paying attention to requirements, I just went in a played the event, and was surprised it kept letting me.

I doubt it, since the response so far from the devs has been, "Eh, we'll fix it with the next update, in the meantime, it would be really hard to do without 5 ships anyway." Which, I mean...not really, for 5 stars at least, which unlocks it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7rgzje/chimera_currently_bugged_can_complete_tiers/

There is no way they'd ban people over this. There are plenty of events that you can under-squad and it's fine, so to assume people know this is a bug would be a stretch.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

Meanwhile I didn't bother getting Phantom to five stars because I knew I wouldn't have one of the U-wings ready, so I miss out.

I don't have either of them ready, and I'll be goddamned if I'm dropping $90 on a pack or $??? on crystals to get them there. I don't think I even have Bistan or SRP or the Rogue One crew unlocked except Jyn at a whopping 4*. Maybe next year.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Who are the best Heist characters? I have Boba Fett, Cade Bane, Zam Wessel, Lando and Stormtrooper Han at effective levels. I have a feeling 2 of those should be replaced ASAP. I am working on Hoth Han and IG-88 right now.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Why is the best method of mod farming? Should I sell anything that is not blue or better? I've been leveling them to blue to look for speed before selling

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

Who are the best Heist characters? I have Boba Fett, Cade Bane, Zam Wessel, Lando and Stormtrooper Han at effective levels. I have a feeling 2 of those should be replaced ASAP. I am working on Hoth Han and IG-88 right now.

The bar is fairly low for what you need to finish it. In terms of composition, consider the following:
1. What's accessible (what you've been doing)
2. Hoth Han is a good choice because he's required in LS TB
3. Anybody with a bounty hunter tag is a good choice because there are loving THREE bounty hunter nodes in DS tb. Boba is the archetypal leader for that group
4. The vet bros (along w 7* finn/poe/bb8) are required for JT Rey, who is a top toon. BB-8 also required five 7* FO, so this is a more longterm consideration.

At this point it might not be the worst idea to focus on bounty hunters. They are a relatively recent requirment and 99% of us older players don't have them geared, but as a newer player you benefit from knowing the newer reqs.

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?
I see that they have extended the Chimera event by one day, so now it will be possible to 7* Home One, and thus the Chimera during the current event.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

fishtobaskets posted:

The bar is fairly low for what you need to finish it. In terms of composition, consider the following:
1. What's accessible (what you've been doing)
2. Hoth Han is a good choice because he's required in LS TB
3. Anybody with a bounty hunter tag is a good choice because there are loving THREE bounty hunter nodes in DS tb. Boba is the archetypal leader for that group
4. The vet bros (along w 7* finn/poe/bb8) are required for JT Rey, who is a top toon. BB-8 also required five 7* FO, so this is a more longterm consideration.

At this point it might not be the worst idea to focus on bounty hunters. They are a relatively recent requirment and 99% of us older players don't have them geared, but as a newer player you benefit from knowing the newer reqs.

Yea I got who is easiest, but I'm sure Hans are more effective. If I could get Vetern Han and Chewie from non-crystal methods, I'd just want a team of Hans.

God I hate the Death Troopers that are with Thrawn. They literally just keep shooting until they kill the target. I cannot do enough damage to kill them before the ST Officer heals them.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Im coming up on my next zeta

Currently have

zFinn, zR2 (number crunch), zCLS (IBAT)

Arena team is CLS, Thrawn, raidHan, Leia, R2.

Have posted pretty decent Rancor scores, though no soloing yet (record is ~8m)
Have never managed much at all in HAAT, i think my record was around 250k which was with CLS + some randoms. My record with resistance is like 40k (despite having zFinn)

It seems QGJ is able to do HAAT handily now, we haven't failed an attempt in the last 6 raids. Should i put a zeta on Asajj and use the Ackbar, CLS, Asajj, Thrawn, BB8 team for a bigger HAAT contribution or should i focus on my arena squad? (and put the zeta on raidHan)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Im coming up on my next zeta

Currently have

zFinn, zR2 (number crunch), zCLS (IBAT)

Arena team is CLS, Thrawn, raidHan, Leia, R2.

Have posted pretty decent Rancor scores, though no soloing yet (record is ~8m)
Have never managed much at all in HAAT, i think my record was around 250k which was with CLS + some randoms. My record with resistance is like 40k (despite having zFinn)

It seems QGJ is able to do HAAT handily now, we haven't failed an attempt in the last 6 raids. Should i put a zeta on Asajj and use the Ackbar, CLS, Asajj, Thrawn, BB8 team for a bigger HAAT contribution or should i focus on my arena squad? (and put the zeta on raidHan)

Arena first always, zRHan and don't look back.