Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
planned obsolescence
planned obsolescence
planned obsolescence

*the ghost of timb appears from the screen and tries to kill me but is stopped by a dust particle*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
granted I live in Brooklyn, but the number of 2009/10 13-inch MacBook Pros I still see in use on a regular basis is absolutely astounding

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
apple used to make very good computers

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Dies anybody remember the chopping board that was made to the exact measurements of the pre-retina MacBook because it had such iconic dimensions?

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

the only iconic dimensions are 36-24-36

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Linguica posted:

the only iconic dimensions are 90-60-90

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
420, 69, 420

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Linguica posted:

drat, gotta change my luggage now

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Linguica posted:

only if shes 5 3

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

FMguru posted:

only if shes 5 3

*whip*

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
thicc like a mac ii

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thighs for life

what’s with the trend of underwear/whatever with above hip sides

like most fashion trends i hated it when i first saw it but then came around and love it

but what do ya call it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FMguru posted:

only if shes 5 3

thank you

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:tipshat:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

echinopsis posted:

thighs for life

what’s with the trend of underwear/whatever with above hip sides

like most fashion trends i hated it when i first saw it but then came around and love it

but what do ya call it

french cut

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

I love the 80’s

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

is that the metric equivalent? it never occurred to me how that would translate overseas

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
by the way i just finished the latex thing i said i was gonna do using overleaf and it was really really good. thanks guys xoxo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

i like my underwear like i like my potatoes...

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

infernal machines posted:

lumpy, starchy, and buried in a field?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
wifes iphone 6s got 83% on the apple battery diagnostics, they comped the $29 replacement :toot:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

dripping with what seems to be a semi-solid milk product that has been curdled and ripened through exposure to bacteria and mold?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
they wont just take the phone for a week while they wait for the new battery though, they must not have enough room to store all the phones getting new batteries. she has already moved her stuff to my old 6splus hoping to just leave hers there for a week and they literally refused to just take it so we have to shlep back to the store in a week when the battery gets here.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’d be hosed off
not having my phone for a week

rather go to a fuckkn mall kiosk place, leave for it for an hour and go drown a
few
pints in the mean time

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if this is killing the iphone chinese battery ebay market

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Where the gently caress is my HOMEPOD, Tim? WHERE is it? You're supposed to deliver things on time, that's your only talent! I haven't bought Bose, Amazon or Google speakers because I'm waiting for the drat sound pod for the past year!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

protip: don’t buy speakers from bose, amazon, google or apple, buy actual speakers instead - they sound better, last longer and won’t send your voice recordings to the gubbmint

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
that's not very disruptive. besides, how will you control your philips hue?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

qirex posted:

protip: don’t buy speakers from bose, amazon, google or apple, buy actual speakers instead - they sound better, last longer and won’t send your voice recordings to the gubbmint

But I can't simulate human interaction with those :smith:

Any suggestions for good speakers? Like really good so I don't have to buy another set for 5 years

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Im waiting for home pod too

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

when is the mbp refresh?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
update: my touchbar mbp has been back for repair twice now because it keeps having mysterious logic board issues even after they replaced the logic board, i’ve been without a working mbp for almost a month

also my repairs have been delayed because “we are struggling to keep up with the iphone battery replacement demand”

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

qirex posted:

a lot of people may not like bose, but to put a company that has made speakers, which many love, for 60+ years does not deserve to be in the company you have put them

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Bose is good, they make the best workout headphones on the market

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

that's not very disruptive. besides, how will you control your philips hue?

If I can't dim the lights, close the curtains, and start playing Barry White with a single voice command while I sit alone at home cry/masturbating I don't want it

ufarn
May 30, 2009
anyone know what adhesive you need to fix a loose iphone screen, or should replacing the battery be enough?

ufarn fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jan 17, 2018

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

ufarn posted:

anyone know what adhesive you need to fix a loose iphone screen, or should replacing the battery be enough?

its gorilla glass so use gorilla glue

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

zen death robot posted:

its gorilla glass so use gorilla glue

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

But I can't simulate human interaction with those :smith:

Any suggestions for good speakers? Like really good so I don't have to buy another set for 5 years

any decent speaker will last your lifetime

i bought some elac speakers that i like :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

But really though why doesn't any of these smart speakers support lineout and hooking up to a proper hifi

I bet it would be really helpful to filter out voice commands from advertisements and videos too if the smart speaker knew about the audio going through your surround receiver