Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Davzz posted:

Valor/Soul - 85%
Attune/Foresee - 80%
Luck/Bless. - 75%

Fair enough that it's still a toss-up between the first and second as being the most practical.

I think Attune/Foresee is the one that will save you the most SP in the long run, but being able to save a big lump on Valor/Soul is real nice, and I'm assuming these stack with the Concentrate skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

EthanSteele posted:

I think Attune/Foresee is the one that will save you the most SP in the long run, but being able to save a big lump on Valor/Soul is real nice, and I'm assuming these stack with the Concentrate skill.

The two things about the Valor/Soul one are: they're not that big, and its usefulness will fall off again at endgame as main characters start leaning on Love and Courage for climax rounds instead of actually casting Valor.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I was so hoping that Kira would just... not show up in UX. I knew he was going to, but like, a small part hoped that since he clearly had nothing to do with the plot and was a noted pacifist he'd park his rear end on the sidelines. Oh well, joined and on the bench or not on the team are the same thing. I got too many units I like and want to deploy for Kira's rear end.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

New information out on Border Break PS4.

Some highlights include:
- All game modes (i.e. Story, online) are completely free
- No stamina system
- Game will have mouse support

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
They better give us a top-tier Crossbone unit if it's going to be units only.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Is B Gundam in G Gen Genesis?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't think the B Gundam has appeared in any games, and it's time to fix that.

Retroactively too, add it to every game that Crossbone has been in.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Ok. the real Amuro in the v Gundam just joined up to help curbstomp a satellite base.

How long do I have before the Evas start showing up? I have most of the mechs/pilots I recognize (& a shitload I have no clue about).

Is the Vangray a unique mech for the game or is it from a show? It seems really familiar but I can't place it.

EDITED to correct the mech name that I somehow hosed up while phone posting.

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 19, 2018

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

EVA plot starts on stage 26, which is roughly the halfway point of the game.

The Vangray, if that's what you mean, is an original unit made for SRWV.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The vangray is designed by the linebarrels of iron artist, im pretty sure, so if it seems familiar maybe that's why.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Endorph posted:

The vangray is designed by the linebarrels of iron artist, im pretty sure, so if it seems familiar maybe that's why.

I realized after posting that it reminded me of the Orbital Frames in the Zone of the Enders games (mainly the head appearance and the way the missile swarm attack worked).

It lacks the hilariously placed cockpit though (unless I missed that as well during one of the Demo fights before turning that off).

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/954360977734057984

:toot:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Alpha 2 stream going up in a few. Guess what, it's more Ibis

hella belated edit: stream over, never forget Bernadetanstog

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 20, 2018

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

I think this is the only direct comparison we've ever really gotten between current mainline SRW and current OG, since Huckies are extinct and the Grungust is a Kai.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I’m incredibly slowly working my way though FMW4 and I loved how Hisoutensoku has SRW1 quality animations when he first appears as an enemy and then full awesome animations when he becomes an ally. Yet another thing I wish I didn’t have to see in a fan made SRW parody and in actual SRW instead.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Hokuto posted:

Alpha 2 stream going up in a few. Guess what, it's more Ibis

hella belated edit: stream over, never forget Bernadetanstog

After catching up on what I missed, I gotta say I actually like Prevail. The mechanics of the ability have always read like digging in your heels and stubbornly trying to win, especially on bosses. Potential seems a bit vague in comparison. And yes, I do think Guts is an even better name, but that ship has sailed.

And speaking of names, I hope the ? Numbers can save the day.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jan 20, 2018

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

HitTheTargets posted:

After catching up on what I missed, I gotta say I actually like Prevail. The mechanics of the ability have always read like digging in your heels and stubbornly trying to win, especially on bosses. Potential seems a bit vague in comparison. And yes, I do think Guts is an even better name, but that ship has sailed.

"Guts" is a different Alpha-era skill that gave large bonuses only under 10% HP. I think Prevail replaced it.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I know. That's why I directly referenced it.

What are you getting at?

Edit: Oh right, this is an Alpha game translation. Duh.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 20, 2018

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

HitTheTargets posted:

I... I'm just flattered people watch this stuff non-live at all. Thank you HitTheTargets. :shobon:

I guess I can leave it as Prevail for now then. It's not hurting anything. Already fixed Puru's name though, which pains me but has to be done.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Hokuto posted:

I... I'm just flattered people watch this stuff non-live at all. Thank you HitTheTargets. :shobon:

I guess I can leave it as Prevail for now then. It's not hurting anything. Already fixed Puru's name though, which pains me but has to be done.

I... I just needed something to watch while downloading a patch. It's not like I like you or anything, baka. :blush:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

HitTheTargets posted:

Hell yeah! You're going to Prevail over the incarnation of evil or whatever. I've always preferred it.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Dougram is making its debut in X-O so I guess that means we won't be seeing in mainline (tongue-in-cheek)

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
https://twitter.com/srw_game/status/955336031426891776

Orange confirmed playable.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Hokuto posted:

Thank YOU Hokuto! :thumbsup:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Always big thanks to Hokuto.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
You're very welcome, and thank you for the warm words! :love:

The SA SRW thread is my favorite hangout spot in the community, too. Keep being swell, guys.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/956028466968788994

:toot:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Still pretty curious how they'll be handling Geass. It'd be fun to have Suzaku in the Zero mask, maybe even piloting the Shinkirou.

Also if orange is playable, I hope Anya is too. Their orange farm was the best part of R2.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Code Geass just isn't the same without VOTOMS.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Endorph posted:

Still pretty curious how they'll be handling Geass. It'd be fun to have Suzaku in the Zero mask, maybe even piloting the Shinkirou.

Also if orange is playable, I hope Anya is too. Their orange farm was the best part of R2.

Seems like they'll actually be adapting R2 again.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Caphi posted:

Seems like they'll actually be adapting R2 again.

Probably how they're gonna do Code Geass from now on, at least until Season 3 airs. Season 1 ends on a cliffhanger and has a death that almost everyone wants to prevent. So starting at season 2 means they can ignore that cliffhanger and write the death off as background knowledge, which would make it easier to adapt.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Hellioning posted:

Probably how they're gonna do Code Geass from now on, at least until Season 3 airs. Season 1 ends on a cliffhanger and has a death that almost everyone wants to prevent. So starting at season 2 means they can ignore that cliffhanger and write the death off as background knowledge, which would make it easier to adapt.

They're not doing season 1 anyway. Tech-wise it's gone the way of pre-Z Gundam, and anyway we know it's not in X because it only lists R2 (Z listed both). Endorph sounded like she was raising the possibility of a post-series Geass inclusion, which isn't happening because we have to fight Orange first.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I still want that SRW Origins with the OYW being the only represented gundam series and the RX-78-2's animations all made to look brutal like the beam rifle just erupts out and tears through the enemy with this erratically powerful beam. Give it the Shin Mazinger treatment.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Onmi posted:

I still want that SRW Origins with the OYW being the only represented gundam series and the RX-78-2's animations all made to look brutal like the beam rifle just erupts out and tears through the enemy with this erratically powerful beam. Give it the Shin Mazinger treatment.

This but also playable Ribbons Almark in the 0 Gundam.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Nephrite posted:

Master Asia with Kowloon Gundam.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Nephrite posted:

KoB posted:

Master Asia with Kowloon Gundam.

No, then you get the problem that SEED in J has, namely that SEED in J doesn't make a loving lick of sense. So the federation apparently has no Mobile weapons and Naturals piloting MS is considered extremely difficult, which is why only Coordinators can do it.

Except for Armslaves, and Mobile Fighters, and George's butler fighting with a Mobile suit piloted with a steering wheel, and EVERY super robot. for 0079 to work, in an SRW the tech scale around it has to be at a level where "Has a beam rifle" and "Made of Lunar Titanium" for a 'mass production real robot' is loving absurd. The Gundam came into the OYW and loving represented a huge threat for Zeon, There wasn't anything else like it, there weren't any other machines which could mount a battleship class weapon on something that moved like a fighter jet, It was almost indestructible, operated in space and on earth and despite the difficulty in mastering a high performance machine, anyone could pilot it.

If you have G Gundam, then you have the hanging fruit of the G-Gundam mechs, if you ignore those, Mobile Fighters are still incredibly powerful able to mount weapon systems that far outstrip the RX-78-2. SRW The Origin should have a strength level comparable to SRW OG1. Where the Grungust was this big, hulking, untouchable machine, and the SRX was held together by spit, prayers and duct tape. Like... all things should spawn from Mobile Suits essentially, and that spawning should be taking it in ways that do not invalidate the steps the Gundam took. Early Knightmare Frames are a good example of this, Dragonar works, but the internal consistency of the world in SRW is one of the best things about it.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
MORE IBIS going live in a few.

edit: stream over, shoutout to Chuck Keith

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jan 25, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here's my 0079-compatible series list

0080 War In the Pocket
08th MS Team
Ironblooded Orphans
Code Geass Season 1
VOTOMs
Front Mission
Dai-Guard
Patlabor
The Big O
Gasaraki
Dorvack
Tetsujin No. 28
Giant Robo
Girls und Panzer

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Would Banpresto have the restraint to use Amuro without the Nu Gundam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Would Banpresto have the restraint to use Amuro without the Nu Gundam?

Probably not. Even in GC/XO where it was explicitly OYW Amuro they still gave him Nu Gundam.

I don't see IBO working with Original Gundam. It doesn't have beam weapons but only because the Gundams are so advanced they literally ignore beam weapons existing, plus it relies on a OYW-style war that blew up the moon being a part of the past.

• Locked thread