Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

She looks cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jack Trades posted:

Apparently Android 21 is actually a playable character in FighterZ but...umm....

...why this?

DOA Tie-in confirmed.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Saint Freak posted:

DOA Tie-in confirmed.

I'unno, seems fishy to me.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I hope that she at least has a costume for that original look instead.
I'm really not digging that mc hammer pants wearing, bublegum colored look.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

Apparently Android 21 is actually a playable character in FighterZ but...umm....

...why this?

Is she Buu's sister

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
She's Majin Android 21.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

she took DNA from everyone supposedly and thats her final form for the last boss fight

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

she took DNA from everyone supposedly and thats her final form for the last boss fight

oh so the story mode is her touching everyone and secretly absorbing their powers got it

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
she looks like an ogre from dragon quest 10, which is good

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I look forward to playing a team of Dad Buu, Kid Buu, and Mom Buu

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I assume the SFV update hasn't really fixed the game and I should continue to wait for DBFZ and keep playing Tekken?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Mr E posted:

I assume the SFV update hasn't really fixed the game and I should continue to wait for DBFZ and keep playing Tekken?

Well so far I can't play two full matches without the game crashing

edit: well poo poo apparently the freezes are related to legacy controllers? Guess I'm not playing this for a while!

Minidust fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 17, 2018

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

I hope that she at least has a costume for that original look instead.
I'm really not digging that mc hammer pants wearing, bublegum colored look.

She's got buu pants and his color along with beerus tail, so it seems like she's cell 2.0.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
*pretends not to get a stiffy from pink mc hammer wife*

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Mr E posted:

Yes. Always keep playing Tekken.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Jack Trades posted:

...why this?

The Dragonball series lacks powerful female characters. Especially pre-Super.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I look forward to playing a team of Dad Buu, Kid Buu, and Mom Buu

When do we get Teenage Older Brother Buu

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

The Dragonball series lacks powerful female characters. Especially pre-Super.

I think he's more mad about the playable 21 being a dumb pink alien instead of the badass original design.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
she looks much better as a pink alien

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Nah.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mr E posted:

Yes, exactly.

fadam posted:

I think he's more mad about the playable 21 being a dumb pink alien instead of the badass original design.

Yeah that.
I really like the original badass design and don't really get that new thing.

Also this v

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 17, 2018

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Yeah

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Majin 21 was a fine twist. It was because of PC gamers patiently waiting that the light of truth gathered to cast its rays upon the mystery nerd. Now, soon, they will emerge from the time chamber to defeat her in battle.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Reiley posted:

Majin 21 was a fine twist. It was because of PC gamers patiently waiting that the light of truth gathered to cast its rays upon the mystery nerd. Now, soon, they will emerge from the time chamber to defeat her in battle.

same but marry her

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

SFV may be hosed up in a lot of ways but they really improved the presentation. I dig the new all gold all the time look.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Sakura's SFV story mode is about how she wants to stop fighting and get pregnant and I just can't even

capcom :chloe:

I like it, considering the horrible birth rate of Japan she's gonna be on an endless journey just like her idol Ryu!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SFV: Sakura Just Wants Sum Fucc

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Kind of hard when every guy she meets is scared shitless that she can throw goddamned fireballs.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I wanted embittered salarywoman Sakura realizing she wasted a lot of time streetfighting and chasing after a hobo and I'm glad Capcom gave me a good 75% of that.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Dicking around with SFV has started the pad vs stick debate in my brain again.

With a pad, I can reliably do double QCF motions, but I hate not having 6 face buttons, or more specifically; I like the DS4 but I had having two trigger like buttons for a FG. Also; using a pad allows me to practice basic FG stuff anywhere through portable systems. Also I dont like the fighting commander pro buttons and there's no saturn pad out there now that's worth a poo poo.

Jack Trades posted:

hey ryu u want red? wut...

White and red, no...

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
play stick and stop riding the gate

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Out of wonder, has any team/tag fighter ever tried anything similar to pick/ban draft rules? E.G. players take turns picking characters with, say, an option to ban a certain character after a certain point? I don't think it's better, I'm just kind of curious if any game or tournament has tried it, because it could create a different way to play the game that's novel and interesting even if not as rawly competitive (forces higher level play with more than your small core team, allows players to play to the meta outside of simply picking characters, etc).

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Linear Zoetrope posted:

Out of wonder, has any team/tag fighter ever tried anything similar to pick/ban draft rules? E.G. players take turns picking characters with, say, an option to ban a certain character after a certain point? I don't think it's better, I'm just kind of curious if any game or tournament has tried it, because it could create a different way to play the game that's novel and interesting even if not as rawly competitive (forces higher level play with more than your small core team, allows players to play to the meta outside of simply picking characters, etc).

no, and gently caress this idea

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

no, and gently caress this idea

There were some Marvel 3 ratio-based tournaments in some events where you needed to make your team be worth 10 points and characters like Zero/Vergil were worth 5. It's a fun idea but doesn't really work as a tournament standard.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i want more time spent on the character select mind games than actual gameplay in my fighters

- a dummy

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I've literally never played a fighting game for more than 10 minutes, I just didn't know if it'd been done and wondered how it worked out if it did. :shrug:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i liked those goofy marvel 3 tourneys were the TO randomly pulled out 3 characters in a 'slips of paper out of a hat' kind of deal and auctioned off the teams for actual money

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I've seen tournaments where you buy-in with a character for a dollar amount based on tiers, like Balrog would be $15 buy-in if you wanted to play him, but maybe you could pick Juri for fifty cents.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its a bad idea and works in mobas and card games because the individual pieces don't require input mastery, just knowledge mastery. it's a little trickier in class shooters but usually there's a lot of skill overlap between a lot of characters so one person typically learns a few.

fgs requires too much intimate knowledge for each character for that to be a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

its a bad idea and works in mobas and card games because the individual pieces don't require input mastery, just knowledge mastery. it's a little trickier in class shooters but usually there's a lot of skill overlap between a lot of characters so one person typically learns a few.

fgs requires too much intimate knowledge for each character for that to be a good idea.

Yeah, learning a character in basically every single competitive FG takes a lot more effort than learning characters in MOBAs and learning how to play a deck in card games. It would also kneecap low-tier warriors - imagine learning all the matchups for a weak character and them being banned?