Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Looten Plunder posted:

Oh look. Someone thought about this rationally
Aziz Ansari Is Guilty. Of Not Being a Mind Reader.

The mental gymnastics involved when one of their own gets caught is truly pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

BSam posted:

Best bond film is obviously A View to a Kill.

It's ludicrous, but I liked it a lot more than I remembered. And that theme song is great.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

'50s: Science Fiction Theater
'60s: Mission Impossible.
'70s: M.A.S.H.
'80s: Max Headroom
'90s: X-Files
'00s: Fringe
'10s: Person of Interest

I like you.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

DrVenkman posted:

It's ludicrous, but I liked it a lot more than I remembered. And that theme song is great.

Yeah it's fuckign insane.

The bad guys are grace jones and christopher walken, in their secret airship base

and that opening bit. play some beach boys while he snowboards,gently caress off

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Roger Moore was probably too old to play Bond by the time he got to View To a Kill but in all honesty he was probably too old to play Bond when he started in 1973.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Shannara Chronicles was a real show? I always assumed it was a made-up show people used as a catch-all for “man there’s a lot of TV these days”

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yes. It wasn't all that great or even good. I liked it. It reminded me of Legend of the Seeker.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Escobarbarian posted:

Shannara Chronicles was a real show? I always assumed it was a made-up show people used as a catch-all for “man there’s a lot of TV these days”

It was real and it was the hottest of garbage.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Van Helsing is pretty decent so far (I'm on ep 5). A bit like Underworld and I always liked those stupid, stupid movies.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Popelmon posted:

Van Helsing is pretty decent so far (I'm on ep 5). A bit like Underworld and I always liked those stupid, stupid movies.

I'm glad that someone else liked those stupid movies, I should check out Van Helsing

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Van Helsing is so, so good.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

IRQ posted:

It was real and it was the hottest of garbage.

I wouldn't say that. The show wasn't amazing, but it scratched that "I want to watch some live-action Dungeons & Dragons" itch I get occasionally really well. I'd just fast-forward through the teen drama.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Also all the women were hot. I'm easy to please.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Roger Moore was probably too old to play Bond by the time he got to View To a Kill

Moore knew it, too. Not only did he only do the movie because of contractual obligation, when he found out he was literally older than Tanya Roberts' mother, he begged the producers to either re-cast Roberts to someone more age-appropriate or just dump him entirely and find a new Bond.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Timby posted:

Moore knew it, too. Not only did he only do the movie because of contractual obligation, when he found out he was literally older than Tanya Roberts' mother, he begged the producers to either re-cast Roberts to someone more age-appropriate or just dump him entirely and find a new Bond.

Make no mistake, I enjoy Moore as James Bond a lot, but he probably should've quit after Moonraker and let Sam Neill or Lewis Collins or someone do For Your Eyes Only.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
...is there a CineD Bond chat thread? Should I make one? I feel bad for starting this derail.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s a general chat thread. Ain’t no derail that isn’t a slapfight (at least imo, I dunno how muscles or others feel)

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I feel like having a good old fashioned slapfight.

Rarity, u up?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Three eps into Ash vs Evil Dead now, confirmed to be a fun watch.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IRQ posted:

I feel like having a good old fashioned slapfight.

Rarity, u up?

...I've been waiting for this day.

Person of Interest is hot garbage :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did anyone else just feel that shockwave that hit the forums? I wonder what it coul

Rarity posted:

Mother of GOD.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rarity posted:

I didn't care for it either.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Person of Interest is a black mark on TVIV’s overall decent taste

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Iron Crowned posted:

Same, but I also only watched 5 episodes, I think it's supposed to get better later on.

Edit: Van Helsing really is the show that The Walking Dead wants to be. Axel knows how to deal with other groups.

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 17, 2018

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rarity posted:

OK NEVERMIND THIS IS THE JAMES BOND THREAD NOW AND THATS FINE

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Iron Crowned posted:

Escobarbarian posted:

Person of Interest is a black mark on TVIV’s overall decent taste

Popelmon posted:

Same, but I also only watched 5 episodes, I think it's supposed to get better later on.

Edit: Van Helsing really is the show that The Walking Dead wants to be. Axel knows how to deal with other groups.

#StandWithRarity

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Person of interest is two seasons of a great Fringe-quality scifi Show buried in three seasons of cbs procedural trash

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

It had a few very good seasons but I gave up towards the end. But that show was awesome up until the lady cop died and whatshisface ad-libbed that he had been in love with her the entire time after which point it went way downhill but I will slap you to death if you say Bear isn't a good dog.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IRQ posted:

It had a few very good seasons but I gave up towards the end. But that show was awesome up until the lady cop died and whatshisface ad-libbed that he had been in love with her the entire time after which point it went way downhill but I will slap you to death if you say Bear isn't a good dog.

Oh, you want to talk about Bear?

He's the worst one of them all :ssh:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Oh and Orphan Black only had one good season. Just one.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Hot takes from IRQ today.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

He's the worst one of them all :ssh:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
NO dogs are good dogs :catbert:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity you're agreeing with Iron Crowned? Girl you just lost by default.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

Rarity you're agreeing with Iron Crowned? Girl you just lost by default.

Like you've never agreed with me before

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IRQ posted:

GreenNight posted:

Hot takes from IRQ today.

This is the only correct take though.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rhyno posted:

This is the only correct take though.

Another dog hater? What is the deal with tviv? Dogs are the best!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

IRQ posted:

I thought season 4 was a return to form, but they squandered it with a very weak final season.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Person of Interest is good until they bring in Amy Acker. Then it goes downhill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh my goodness look at all of these bad opinions about TV and animals in this, the James Bond thread