Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

mkay0 posted:

So, when this gets brought up, what does it mean? Do all the books move to have similar lines, is there one major player that the others follow, or are we just talking about one site?

Lines moving this far out based on smart money seems to be pretty much unprecedented. But, these sites have have a decent idea which accounts have the inside dirt, right?

The betting limits are so small that it’s unlikely that the lines moved dramatically based on regular action by betters with no legit insider knowledge. But, I really don’t think we know how much action there really is on each of these. Maybe the voting public actually is moving the lines.

Have the insider accounts bet early? Is there another reason that they would move the lines?

The TV this year really hasn’t made much of an effort to show any major favorites. Usually you have a pretty short list, and we really aren’t seeing that this year, so I guess that makes a surprise like Ronda or DB more likely, but a surprise return/debut for both matches?

Basically right now its still guesswork (based off of storylines and what should normally be common sense). I think part of the reason Ronda became the favorite again was because of that PWStream tweet, which is highly suspect in its reporting. [But even they said that Ronda won't be in the Rumble]

I also say common sense because right now, the Women's Division only has a few prominent players. Alexa, Nia, and Asuka. While someone else COULD win (Becky as an example), its not likely considering outside of the three big names I listed above, everyone else is treated like a joke/afterthought/not known well enough on the main roster (NXT).

Smart money won't start coming in until late next week, I think.

As for the do the bookers follow/herd, the answer is yes. Sort of. Kambi provides a lot of the services for these booking sites. So if you check any site that is powered by Kambi, their odds will either be very close or identical most of the time. Other bookers will see this and adjust accordingly.

Speaking of betting lines, William Hill has moved Ronda into the favorites category, at 11/8. Asuka is at 13/8 there.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

If dolph fuckin ziggler wins the royal goddamn rumble my hair will go white

E: gently caress it, if dolph wins I'll bleach my dang hair

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Go post that in the toxx thread. I'll hold you to that then. :)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

You know thinking of surprises at the Rumble, wonder if any talks have happened with Neville and WWE that would lead to him being a surprise entrant.

Last I heard (late last month) negotiations fell through and it looked likely he was pulling a Punk (sitting until his deal ended because they're not going to make him immediately available to competition)

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

:toxx:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Godspeed, friend.

Chris James 2 posted:

Last I heard (late last month) negotiations fell through and it looked likely he was pulling a Punk (sitting until his deal ended because they're not going to make him immediately available to competition)

They might've come to an agreement and are just keeping it quiet, but I would certainly think if he doesn't show up at the Rumble then that door is closed. Can they freeze his contract if he doesn't show up? I heard they did that with Bryan.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Neville is done, don't overthink it

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

Man, and just think all it probably would have taken to make him stay was ending Jinder’s awful title run sooner by having Neville beat him for the belt, hold it a few months, then drop it to AJ in a likely barn burner MOTY candidate.

But Vince gonna :vince:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Man, and just think all it probably would have taken to make him stay was ending Jinder’s awful title run sooner by having Neville beat him for the belt, hold it a few months, then drop it to AJ in a likely barn burner MOTY candidate.

But Vince gonna :vince:

If that's what it would have taken him to stay I'm glad he's gone

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

exploded mummy posted:

If that's what it would have taken him to stay I'm glad he's gone

Dude was promised a main event push if he got over and made something of himself on 205 which he did as King Neville, WWE kept kicking the can down the road and he rightfully got fed up.

It’s obvious he wouldn’t have gotten that main event run on Raw with the year plus Brock/Roman storyline taking that up, but him ending Jinder’s awful JBL title run sooner would be perfectly reasonable.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Saying yes to getting dropped down to cruiserweight even temporarily was the easiest trap in the world to see coming. They were never taking him beyond there once they saw how much him being there worked, regardless of what they promised

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

Saying yes to getting dropped down to cruiserweight even temporarily was the easiest trap in the world to see coming. They were never taking him beyond there once they saw how much him being there worked, regardless of what they promised

Vince: Bryan! Got a proposition for ya...

Bryan: Oh hell :ohdear:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there was no balking on promises or any other fanfiction happening. Nevil did not wait long enough to make his demands. then he got pissed about playing ball and not being able to be both cruiserweight champ and heavyweight champ at the same time a little but down the road. period.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cavauro posted:

there was no balking on promises or any other fanfiction happening. Nevil did not wait long enough to make his demands. then he got pissed about playing ball and not being able to be both cruiserweight champ and heavyweight champ at the same time a little but down the road. period.

because playing ball with vince actually works and doesn't just get you slotted, but hell I forget everything about CM Punk and Daniel Bryan among about a thousand other stories too since I too have no memory of anything ever

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

because playing ball with vince actually works and doesn't just get you slotted, but hell I forget everything about CM Punk and Daniel Bryan among about a thousand other stories too since I too have no memory of anything ever

Prove it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ah yes the "dur at you" argument. I forgot nivelle didn't do the following:

1. throw a huge fit backstage about having to lose the cruiserweight belt
2. walk out because of that
3. Refuse to even hug Vince goodbye which not even cm punk did.
4. Seal his own fate by refusing any attempted reconciliation out of the same heightened sense of pride that refused to ever lose any belt no matter why

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Have you payed attention to anyone to goes with Vince's whims? The Punk interview, Bryan only being in the WM main because Punk quit and Batista didn't want to work face? AJ Styles is the expection, not the rule

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Steve loving Austin needed to fight against Vince for his spot

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Vince: Bryan! Got a proposition for ya...

Bryan: Oh hell :ohdear:

Why would Vince think 205 needs Bryan

They already have Goldust and Enzo

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The reverse is Roman Reigns, who I defend as being a great in ring worker, practically getting handed his spot and it's been, what, almost 4 or 5 years now?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If John Cena refused to put over Braun Strowman because of his spot, everyone here would poo poo on themselves and spit everywhere to talk about how much his rep as a cool dude is bullshit and he's just like hogan.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cavauro posted:

Ah yes the "dur at you" argument. I forgot nivelle didn't do the following:

1. throw a huge fit backstage about having to lose the cruiserweight belt
2. walk out because of that
3. Refuse to even hug Vince goodbye which not even cm punk did.
4. Seal his own fate by refusing any attempted reconciliation out of the same heightened sense of pride that refused to ever lose any belt no matter why

refusing to lose any belt ever worked for shawn michaels

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Comparing Neville's situation to John Cena is goddamn hilarious

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Shawn Michaels was on a roster full of nobodies and created a political party. If Nievel was smart enough to do the same thing it wouldn't matter because no one backstage can even understand what he is saying.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

refusing to lose any belt ever worked for shawn michaels

You're arguing with Cavauro...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Comparing Neville's situation to John Cena is goddamn hilarious

but not stone cold. Ok

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Strawberry Panda posted:

You're arguing with Cavauro...

yeah i'm getting the feeling this guy is some sort of bootlicker

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I agree to disagree, and will see you at the Royal Rumble on Sunday, January 28.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thank you for quoting his posts at least, wouldn't have wanted to miss out on this serious debate he was totally having about a person whose name he kept misspelling in different ways

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cavauro posted:

but not stone cold. Ok

stone cold had to fight for his spot up to walking out when being told he was losing to brock clean on free tv with no buildup, john cena was chosen to get a big push thanks to steph and spent a decade on top

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cavauro posted:

I agree to disagree, and will see you at the Royal Rumble on Sunday, January 28.

I will throw you over the top rope and point at the sign! It will be great

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

stone cold had to fight for his spot up to walking out when being told he was losing to brock clean on free tv with no buildup, john cena was chosen to get a big push thanks to steph and spent a decade on top

#ThankYouSteph

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

DarkstarIV posted:

Go post that in the toxx thread. I'll hold you to that then. :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S4OKgJ-7Wws

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

#ThankYouSteph

:laffo: Even a broken clock is right twice a day, I guess

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yeah i'm getting the feeling this guy is some sort of bootlicker

How dare you impugn Cavauro like this, you'd better apologize or I will spend an hour looking at clips on youtube to decide what a cool finisher would be and then hit said finisher on you.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

VJeff posted:

How dare you impugn Cavauro like this, you'd better apologize or I will spend an hour looking at clips on youtube to decide what a cool finisher would be and then hit said finisher on you.

I'll save you the time: Barry White Driver

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Neville is cool and good, and the fact that they wanted him to even share the ring with Enzo is reason enough for him to walk out and never return.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

What the gently caress is this talk of Neville being World Champ? Almost as bad as when people said the same of Sandow.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Neville is a good wrestler though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Who else finds it absolutely hysterical that WWE may have torpedoed their own PPV with the Bryan stuff? Which has to be in part based on the way they've built Smackdown around him more than the freakin' champion. If I didn't follow the behind-the-scenes and dirtsheets, I would think he was wrestling.