Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lol Anderson/Duchovny/Carter say this all the time and then change their minds tbf

Rarity posted:

Person of Interest is hot garbage :colbert:

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

esperterra posted:

lol Anderson/Duchovny/Carter say this all the time and then change their minds tbf

At Comic-Con or TCA or something last year, Anderson said that literally the only reason she agreed to do season 11 was because she was so unhappy with the tenth year and felt a need to make things right and put a better stamp on the show. I believe her when she says she's done, she doesn't need this poo poo.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

lelandjs posted:

Oh my goodness look at all of these bad opinions about TV and animals in this, the James Bond thread

The best James Bond TV series was Reilly: Ace of Spies.

Either that or Codename: Kyril.

Or Callan.

But it's definitely one of those.

Or maybe Danger Man, I'm not sure.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I imagine she's done, too, tbh. Especially depending how this season ends. But I've thought all three of them have been done with it several times so I'm always leaving the possibility open she may change her mind.

But I doubt we get another season with all three of them. Maaaaybe a movie. If the show comes back it'll probably be FOX rebooting or doing a spinoff.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

lelandjs posted:

Oh my goodness look at all of these bad opinions about TV and animals in this, the James Bond thread

Oh ok, want to talk about James Bond Jr?

I actually think I may have that on a hard drive somewhere.

Also you'd better not be a dog hater.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Person of Interest is good until they bring in Amy Acker. Then it goes downhill.

I have this exact option but the diametric opposite

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I've tried PoI a couple times but even the promise of Sarah Shahi and Amy Acker couldn't get me through it.

I can concede it prob gets good but I have too many shows to watch to waste time on a procedural that eventually picks up steam.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Tick got renewed.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Guys. I just realized that Remington Steele with Pierce Brosnan and the Sharpe series with Sean Bean are two different things. I guess my brain thought "they're both a guy's name that describes a metal object with an extraneous 'e' at the end, and they both star a guy who would end up in Goldeneye. What's the difference?"

My Thomas Crowne Affair-loving rear end has some goddamn Brosnan to watch.

e: Also I should finally get around to watching Sharpe at some point. But mostly I'm pumped for charming handsome former thief.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 17, 2018

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
the thing with PoI is that even when it supposedly gets good all i've read about it is like "THE GOOD COMPUTER VERSUS THE EVIL COMPUTER AND ALSO THE COMPUTERS CAN TALK" and it just sounds goofy as poo poo

oh and "THEY GET A DOG" which who cares

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yeah, but counterpoint your face is stupid.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

feedmyleg posted:

Guys. I just realized that Remington Steele with Pierce Brosnan and the Sharpe series with Sean Bean are two different things. I guess my brain thought "they're both a guy's name that describes a metal object with an extraneous 'e' at the end, and they both star a guy who would end up in Goldeneye. What's the difference?"

Sean Bean wasn't the first choice for Sharpe; Paul McGann had been cast, but had to pull out after he hurt his leg playing football. I bring this up because apparently Paul McGann was also the fallback choice for James Bond if Brosnan had said no to GoldenEye.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I remember reviewing what was considered 'the best' episode of PoI for the short-lived Friday Night Review site and it was loving dire

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah god I miss that show. Was so good.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I liked Person of Interest, even the parts of season 1 that everyone else seems to hate, up until Taraji P. Henson's character died and it disappeared up its own rear end with the terribad dueling AIs plot over the last two seasons. Season 3 could have been a decent ending point where our heroes venture forth into an unknown oppressive future, because there really wasn't any way they could have done that dynamic shift in a satisfying way. (That's not to say they couldn't have done it better than they did, though.)

But I guess I'm unique 'round these parts because I don't descend into a frothing rage over procedurals or multi-cam shows.

Escobarbarian posted:

the thing with PoI is that even when it supposedly gets good all i've read about it is like "THE GOOD COMPUTER VERSUS THE EVIL COMPUTER AND ALSO THE COMPUTERS CAN TALK" and it just sounds goofy as poo poo

It is exactly as goofy as it sounds.

quote:

oh and "THEY GET A DOG" which who cares

but on the other hand, go to hell

raditts fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jan 18, 2018

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Just smashed out End of The loving World. Was really cool until the dumb ending. What the gently caress is that?

I don't need everything tied up in a neat bow with some sort of "3 months later" last act but why end it like that? And what the gently caress were the SWAT team even doing? Why would they be shooting at him in the first place? What is the cut-to-black gunshot anyway? The only possiblity would be the shotgun going off, but if that was the case, at least have him stop and grip the shotgun before cutting to black

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

zoux posted:

The Tick got renewed.

But on the other hand:

John Claude Van Johnson, I Love Dick and One Mississipii were cancelled.

Oh, and Anthony Star (from Banshee) joined Amazon's The Boys adaptation.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Open Source Idiom posted:

But on the other hand:

John Claude Van Johnson, I Love Dick and One Mississipii were cancelled.

Amazon’s cleaning house trying to find the next GoT. Expect this poo poo to start happening as they plummet into mediocrity.

quote:

Oh, and Anthony Star (from Banshee) joined Amazon's The Boys adaptation.

This is a solid fit, though.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Amazon needs to promote and stream their shows on other platforms because nobody is watching Amazon originals on their site.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
So are they gonna cancel Patriot immediately after its second season comes out or wait a few months first?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

Amazon needs to promote and stream their shows on other platforms because nobody is watching Amazon originals on their site.

Maybe if their site or their apps weren't so goddamn awful to navigate people would use them?

I've had Prime for a while and a Fire TV for about a year and I couldn't tell you how often I'd try to browse their selection and just give up due to how unintuitive every interface they have is for browsing. If y'all didn't tell me what Prime Originals are worth it I doubt I'd ever find anything that I'd actually want to watch.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Is Goliath getting a second season? It wasn't an amazing show but Billy Bob was good and I require more Olivia Thirlby Being In Things.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

esperterra posted:

Is Goliath getting a second season? It wasn't an amazing show but Billy Bob was good and I require more Olivia Thirlby Being In Things.

Last I heard, they want to make more, but it's in some sort of crazy limbo because of behind the scenes drama.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

hope and vaseline posted:

Maybe if their site or their apps weren't so goddamn awful to navigate people would use them?

I've had Prime for a while and a Fire TV for about a year and I couldn't tell you how often I'd try to browse their selection and just give up due to how unintuitive every interface they have is for browsing. If y'all didn't tell me what Prime Originals are worth it I doubt I'd ever find anything that I'd actually want to watch.

I think it was impossible to view Prime videos on Android phones until recently as well.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Rarity posted:

I remember reviewing what was considered 'the best' episode of PoI for the short-lived Friday Night Review site and it was loving dire

I love how all the rest of y'all were getting episodes of things people had heard of and meanwhile I kept writing about the season premiere of Hulk Hogan's Midget Wrestling League or the pilot of Last Man Standing or all sorts of horror show poo poo.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Van Helsing is so, so good.

How does it compare to Wyonna Earp?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

How does it compare to Wyonna Earp?

Plotting's better, and VH has a far darker tone. Similar uptick in quality over the course of the first season (though Wynonna Earp's first episode is far far worse than anything Van Helsing has ever done.)

Also Van Helsing is more character driven than Wynonna Earp.

(I don't like Wynonna Earp that much, though I don't hate it or anything.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I Didn't like about VH S2 was how they doubled down on all the vampire culture stuff, which was the worst part of season 1.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Looten Plunder posted:

Just smashed out End of The loving World. Was really cool until the dumb ending. What the gently caress is that?

I don't need everything tied up in a neat bow with some sort of "3 months later" last act but why end it like that? And what the gently caress were the SWAT team even doing? Why would they be shooting at him in the first place? What is the cut-to-black gunshot anyway? The only possiblity would be the shotgun going off, but if that was the case, at least have him stop and grip the shotgun before cutting to black

I thought the ending was great and definitely much better than if they got away. What would you have preferred to happen? I was a little confused about the SWAT team too, especially considering the location. Like, I can totally see American cops gunning down someone who is running away from them, but I guess I thought British cops might be a little less trigger happy. Although he is armed and based on what the police know he's already killed one person, probably stabbed another, and knocked out Eunice. So it's not really that weird that they'd be shooting.

I interpreted the cut-to-black gunshot as them shooting and killing him, but it's open to interpretation. I've been seeing a bunch of people wanting a second season, which I think would be a mistake even though I thought the show was great overall. I guess I don't even know what a second season would look like. James alive and in jail? He somehow escaped? I don't know, I think it's better if they just end it on this.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

What would you have preferred to happen?

I was a little confused about the SWAT team too, especially considering the location.

I wouldn't want them to get away, There are a few options depending on which direction they want to go
-If they want to go dark I'd like some sort of Coen brothers style mixup/cascade of events like the girl getting super emotional and stabbing here dad again, the kid being shocked by that and dropping the shotgun, it goes off and hits the cop and then the SWAT team gunning them down as a result.
-They get caught, tried as adults and get pinned with the worst possible version of the crimes they committed (kidnapping, murder, armed robbery etc)
-One of the kids accidently kills the other somehow or dies trying to protect the other

Exactly my thoughts re: the SWAT stuff. He posed ZERO threat. Where the gently caress was he going to go? He was just running aimlessly around the beach being no threat to anybody but himself. Just drive the goddam van over to him and pick him up.

I don't want a second season either.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

NO dogs are good dogs :catbert:

this

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Iron Crowned posted:

NO dogs are good dogs :catbert:
I hope you know this invalidates everything you say from this point on for the rest of your life

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Let me tell you about this place called /r/rarepuppers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rocksicles posted:

Let me tell you about this place called /r/rarepuppers.

I'm way more interested in that cat.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

If the internet represents the will of the people, then clearly cats > dogs :colbert:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Peter Wyngarde has died at 90 (or thereabouts). He was most famous as a mainstay of TV drama in the 1960s and 1970s but you'd probably know him best for playing Klytus in Flash Gordon.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I have been a Prime member for years and I've watched maybe two things on their platform. Both of these have been in my laptop browser, which I hate watching things on. I like to watch things on my Chromecast because it's an interfaceless device without a remote or unintuitive menus to navigate, just the apps I already use on my phone. But because Amazon decided to put out a competitor to Chromecast late in the game, they declined to allow for streaming to my preferred device (which would cost them a day of development time) to try to make me buy their copycat, just because they need that extra $30 to provide the same service. This is so anti-consumer, ugly, petty, and greedy that it makes me never want to watch anything else on Prime.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

hope and vaseline posted:

If y'all didn't tell me what Prime Originals are worth it I doubt I'd ever find anything that I'd actually want to watch.
:same: A major problem with Amazon Prime is I've watched very few things on it so it's recommendations for me are garbage, leaving me to just browse and hope for the best. Is there even a way to indicate I liked/disliked something on Amazon Prime?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Just lol

https://twitter.com/maxwelltani/status/953729116649517056

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The first episode of the new season of American Crime Story was pretty good. The first season was really great so i have high hopes for this one.

It's weird how uneven the quality of Ryan Murphy shows are.