Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Nintendo is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

Hello gamestop i was wondering if you had any... adult labo packages.... like labo stuff i can use with my penis.

yes that's one of the included games

quote:

By inserting various assembled blocks into openings in the sides and bottom of the House, you can interact with, play games with and feed a cute creature on the front-facing Nintendo Switch screen

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I think this is going to sell so well that Nintendo releases a Labo-only Switch that does not connect to the dock or JoyCons or play Mario and Zelda, only works with ToyCons.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Ometeotl posted:

Resetera is melting down over this, it's incredible

when aren't they melting down

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

creationist believer posted:

I think this is going to sell so well that Nintendo releases a Labo-only Switch that does not connect to the dock or JoyCons or play Mario and Zelda, only works with ToyCons.

But. A lot of these involve repositioning or putting the joycons on something

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I probably will not buy the Nintendo labia but it’s a cool idea and it owns that it exists

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Anyone notice that the cardboard doesn’t have a glossy finish?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Asclepius posted:

Hi, it's me, the thirty year old with no children that thinks this looks rad and will probably get it for myself, even with the Australian mark-up.

It'll be interesting trying to get the robot to work considering I'm 186cm tall, though.

God bless

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I think this is a neat idea but all I'm saying is that if the thing comes out in April then I don't think it's that unreasonable to wanna see what the games are for it. Just like a sizzle reel would have been nice to start, like a couple minutes of "Hey here's the robot game, here's the piano game." Kind of feels like the game itself is secondary to the cute cardboard thing but all I really want to know is what the games are.

Rolo posted:

“Dad, why are the stairs insulated?”

I love this.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Rolo posted:

Nintendo Labido
Nintendo Labio

Was gonna say Nintendo Labia, but yeah that works too

Edit: drat it, i unlike nintendo am not clever :mad:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Kind of feels like the game itself is secondary to the cute cardboard thing but all I really want to know is what the games are.
I think that's probably fair to say.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ometeotl posted:

Resetera is melting down over this, it's incredible

64 pages long thread about it

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

TFRazorsaw posted:

But. A lot of these involve repositioning or putting the joycons on something

The JoyCons won't slot into the tablet. They'll only be compatible with the cardboard.

Policenaut posted:

I think this is a neat idea but all I'm saying is that if the thing comes out in April then I don't think it's that unreasonable to wanna see what the games are for it. Just like a sizzle reel would have been nice to start, like a couple minutes of "Hey here's the robot game, here's the piano game." Kind of feels like the game itself is secondary to the cute cardboard thing but all I really want to know is what the games are.

I think this is targeted at children who think "building and playing with the cardboard sounds fun", not adults who think "how good are the games for these accessories going to be?" It's a modern day ROB/Gyroscope.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I really like the name Toy-Cons. It's evocative of Joy-Con, but I hope it really stands for Toy-Constructions, because that'd be super clever.

I'd probably buy the RC car bit by itself, if they offered it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is labo flame retardant?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Genius, Nintendo. A $70 cardboard attachment that your child will destroy in two days.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Are people honestly so dumb that they think you’re paying $70 for cardboard or are they being funny?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mahoning posted:

Are people honestly so dumb that they think you’re paying $70 for cardboard or are they being funny?

you're paying for strings too

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/UFOtekkie/status/953751729287389184

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mahoning posted:

Hmm, you're right. That $70 is actually for such killer titles as RC-Car and Fishing Pole.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I think it's stupid you cant just buy the game separate and print the templates at home. Recycling is a thing, we can reuse cardboard rather than buying more.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

gently caress you nintnendo all of your poo poo should be free.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CRAYON posted:

I think it's stupid you cant just buy the game separate and print the templates at home. Recycling is a thing, we can reuse cardboard rather than buying more.

who owns a printer that can print cardboard for home use?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Some people need to read this thread:
https://twitter.com/Doc_Destructo/status/953782885693079552

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Guy Goodbody posted:

holy poo poo if you cant figure this out

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I have two kids and gently caress me they would destroy that before we even got it home, seems like its a kids game designed by someone who has no kids and will be purchased by 30+ year old man babies

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Mahoning posted:

They truly are.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

It’s certainly not something common enough to provide a blanket resource for

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/DaveMilbo/status/953780338974539776

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

https://twitter.com/krisgraft/status/953756848821334017

Welp, im getting one day one now!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If you loved durability in zelda, labo will let you live links adventure

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Cobalt Viper posted:

Hmm, you're right. That $70 is actually for such killer titles as RC-Car and Fishing Pole.

you appear to be quite mad about this toy for children

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Cobalt Viper posted:

Yes this but unironically.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

yes, fully grown adults want to make a 13 key piano and use a rubberband powered robot suit

:yeah:

True adults aren't afraid to go on the teacups ride.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
So was the cardboard thing all they announced?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Matt Zerella posted:

So was the cardboard thing all they announced?

No they also announced they found a way to recycle unsold Wii U boxes at $70 mark up

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
They should give a bunch of free Labo stuff to this loving Nostradamus

https://twitter.com/mohikan1974/status/865188680742297601

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Guy Goodbody posted:

You just print a stencil and overlay it over the cardboard

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

hello gamestop do you have any used labo systems, particularly ones without sweat stains

It's just cardboard and string. So if a lot of people are after 'used' labo systems w/o the games, I would imagine that some enterprising individuals with their own laser engravers or cnc machines would sell reproduction kits on ebay for a paltry sum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
kids are absolutely gonna destroy this thing and I can't imagine Labo pushing parents to buy a Switch if their kids are already asking for one.

• Locked thread