Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, assuming they get 9 slots, here is who I expect in the Rumble from the NXT Women's Division.

1) Ember Moon
2) Nikki Cross
3) Peyton Royce
4) Billie Kay
5) Shayna Baszler
6) Kairi Sane
7) Candice LaRae
8) Lacey Evans
9) Taynara Conti

I just pulled two random female names for #8 and #9 because I struggle to think of any more prominent names in the NXT female division after #7.

Lacey would probably be one anyway.

Taynara had that super brief TUE thing and disappeared again. Maybe Bianca over her. She can do her hair whip spot then get tossed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
yeah, bianca at #9 makes sense. or, like, aliyah, but yikes. could bring in some random MYC people for a tiny smark pop I guess?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
There's way too many women in NXT they don't want to do anything with right now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It makes no sense that they haven't created a women's tag division. If this were Japan they'd have a NEVER Women's 10-man title by now.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Laith should be there just because of length of time in WWE.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

dsriggs posted:

There's way too many women in NXT they don't want to do anything with right now.

26 women including Zelina in NXT at the moment.

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/951911014873870336

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You've got to think all the legends coming back for 25th Anniversary Raw will declare though so that will be a bunch of places.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why isn't casey a bad boi anymore

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rarity posted:

You've got to think all the legends coming back for 25th Anniversary Raw will declare though so that will be a bunch of places.

I don't think all of the legends are going to be in it. It's a 30 woman rumble. Removing Charlotte and Alexa from the equation makes the total around 18 women. Assume one or two legends (maybe 3, but anything more than that is overkill) to appear, then the rest will probably be from NXT.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

5 of the 24 definitely won't be in. 2 champs, 2 pregnancies, and Paige.

Nikki is listed and probably will make an appearance.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DarkstarIV posted:

I don't think all of the legends are going to be in it. It's a 30 woman rumble. Removing Charlotte and Alexa from the equation makes the total around 18 women. Assume one or two legends (maybe 3, but anything more than that is overkill) to appear, then the rest will probably be from NXT.

The whole first time ever thing makes me think they'll have more legends in it than normal. They'd surely have loads of interest from former workers who be up for it and Vince must prefer nostalgia pops to a bunch of 'who the gently caress are these dorks?' silences. There'll be enough of that when the Riott Squad come out :v:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Y'all are really stretching the definition of "legends" if, like, Kelly Kelly and Serena Deeb are going to be in it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

Y'all are really stretching the definition of "legends" if, like, Kelly Kelly and Serena Deeb are going to be in it

If you look at the people WWE calls Legends Kelly Kelly is mid tier at worst.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Kelly Kelly was pushed as gently caress once upon a time in spite of being really bad

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You wouldnt call Curt Hawkins or Dolph Ziggler a Superstar either but this is the language we have

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bring back Eve and Kaitlyn imo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kelly kelly had good music

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There probably won’t be 9 NXT girls. They’re going to have the main roster, whatever legends they can get and then fill in the gaps with NXT. Your best bet is going to be whichever women are working the NXT show to save on costs.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh poo poo, I just got an email for an NXT show in Detroit. :stare:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hey, there's an episode tonight. The advertised matches:

Street Profits vs. AoP for No. 1 contender to tag titles
Roddy vs. Fabian Aichner

And maybe some other stuff!

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

VJeff posted:

Go on......

Edit: holy poo poo, it's in Royal Oak at the music theatre :aaa:

ozymandius1024 fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 18, 2018

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

otis is a big wonderful meatball of a man and he should have a finisher called the meatball sub

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
So can we assume Candice will be at Takeover in Johnny’s corner as a counter to Zelina and Andrade

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Shawn Cotureier posted:

So can we assume Candice will be at Takeover in Johnny’s corner as a counter to Zelina and Andrade

This is a bad idea, Candice should be her own thing on TV instead of just "Johnny's wife"

More likely she'll be a "surprise" Rumble entrant to pop the Philly crowd

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ozymandius1024 posted:

Go on......

Edit: holy poo poo, it's in Royal Oak at the music theatre :aaa:

They're doing a presale tomorrow, code is NXTLIVE if you want it.

Benne posted:

This is a bad idea, Candice should be her own thing on TV instead of just "Johnny's wife"

imo it's fine but only if Johnny is then in Candice's corner for a match against Iconic and Billie Kay spends the whole match annoying Johnny.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

please stop pretending the philly crowd is unique or noteworthy

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I keep forgetting Aliyah is still employed

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

I keep forgetting Aliyah is still employed

She sorta shot herself in the foot early on in her WWE career when she made some really questionable (and thats me being nice) posts on social media. Also she's bad in the ring.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Aliyah took like 50 steps to run across the ring and got pinned with a punch

Wooooooof

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
This promo is pretty....bad. In more ways than one.

:chloe:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Oh so we're really going there with the Lacy Evans MAGA gimmick, huh?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i literally have no loving idea what the plan is with this lacey evans gimmick. do they want us to... boo... the troops? because i'm happy to do that but i don't think that was the intention

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I miss anything good?

VJeff posted:

So that meteor WAS a sign!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Montez Ford's new glove :swoon:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think the only other thing that stuck out to me with the Lacey Evans/Aliyah/Shayna thing was that Ember cut yet another god awful promo. Just give her a manager or something at this point because she's never going to improve.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ah damnit don't make Montez eat the pin :mad:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

She's already used the Gargano escape on WWE TV, and the Full Sail dorks are gonna chant 'Candice Wrestling' no matter what, so may as well lean into it and get her over.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

it'd be neat to have a face husband+wife team doing well in two different divisions but it's wwe so it would be hosed up in some way by, like, day 3

like if johnny wins in philly and they have him with the belt out to support his wife as she is fighting random undercard people in her way up the ladder that's kind of a bad look cuz of the imbalance

otoh while i don't think they should be each other's valets i wouldn't mind a storyline or two with both of them

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

btw while this episode didn't have much goin on i think next week is legit can't-miss tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

abraham linksys posted:

it'd be neat to have a face husband+wife team doing well in two different divisions but it's wwe so it would be hosed up in some way by, like, day 3

like if johnny wins in philly and they have him with the belt out to support his wife as she is fighting random undercard people in her way up the ladder that's kind of a bad look cuz of the imbalance

Well, when you're right, you're right, we'd better have Candice win the women's Rumble and Gargano win the men's, then have them win the Raw Women's and Universal Titles. It's the only possible solution.

• Locked thread