Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A - Mass combat tactics!

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
F, let's befriend the outcasts and then use our money to buy them stuff that will make the other kids envious. Also holy poo poo we gotta buy a furry leg snake on the way back through.

Dr Cheesequake
Dec 23, 2008

I dream of humans and goblins co-existing peacefully
A

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

F. Lets gathers these kids up, buy them a cheap lunch as a sign of friendship, then use our new squad of outcasts to go wreck the heck out of everything in option A as a Team!

Then we can gently caress off and do more interesting poo poo like get our Tarot read after we buy an exotic weasel familiar or something.

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

Being colourblind ain't easy :(
Sure feel like kicking some older boy rear end, but let's not get robbed right away. Also, I think it's more in character for SundarClarissa to want to play with children her own age for a change. There's no lack of fighting in her everyday life. Playing is a luxury.

EDIT: Forgot the actual vote :P

A

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
voting is closed. By my count, A narrowly wins.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Aw man I wanted to hang out with nerds.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

vorebane posted:

Aw man I wanted to hang out with nerds.

You already are :v:

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

I wanted to hang out with nerds that aren't wrongvoters! :argh:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

vorebane posted:

Everyone is wrongvoters. :colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

dont be mean to me posted:

It has been conclusively proven that I am the only right voter in the entire SA forum via Breathghazigate :colbert:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

vorebane posted:

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

I'm quite certain that fictional nerds without access to the internet count as neutralvoters at least.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Slaan posted:

It has been conclusively proven that I am the only right voter in the entire SA forum via Breathghazigate :colbert:

:mitt:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Slaan posted:

Our sitting president is a golem made out of Lollipops formed from centuries old single malt Scotch. Get to work.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Come back TheCog, I'm sorry I called everyone wrongvoters!

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

vorebane posted:

Come back TheCog, I'm sorry I called everyone wrongvoters!

This thread is evidence that I am bad at multitasking. My other CYOA project has been nicely absorbing all my free time. I really hate giving ETAs, but I promise the thread hasn't been abandoned and that there will be an update.

Edit: calling everyone wrong voters is the principal purpose of CYOA's as I understand it.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

TheCog posted:

This thread is evidence that I am bad at multitasking. My other CYOA project has been nicely absorbing all my free time. I really hate giving ETAs, but I promise the thread hasn't been abandoned and that there will be an update.

Edit: calling everyone wrong voters is the principal purpose of CYOA's as I understand it.

What other CYOA project?

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Humans are terrible at multitasking in general, no matter what we tell ourselves. I will have to check out your other cyoa, then!

Blasphemaster posted:

Our sitting president is a golem made out of Lollipops formed from centuries old single malt Scotch. Get to work.

This definitely isn't the case, the lollipops are made of rancid crab apple wine at best. But yes, your country needs you Slaan.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Toughy posted:

What other CYOA project?

I'm making a tool to archive long running CYOA threads on something awful and make them fully searchable.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
madness

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

TheCog posted:

I'm making a tool to archive long running CYOA threads on something awful and make them fully searchable.

HELL YA!!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpaITe53Ke4

gently caress yes, madness.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

TheCog posted:

Welp. Yeah, I'm ok with this taking a backseat to that.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLLL1KxpYMA

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
And, caught up.

@TheCog really enjoying this CYOA so far, especially the fables that Sejin tells.

Really enjoying this Father/Daughter dynamic so far, getting bits of 'The Last of Us', 'Logan', 'Book of Eli', etc.

Very much like to see where this goes, and I'll be around till the end of 2018 if you keep updating!

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

Being colourblind ain't easy :(
TheCog should spend more time updating this thread and less time doing whatever they're currently doing instead, but that's just my opinion and everyone's free to disagree.

For real though, it's a drat impressive showing so far. I'm hooked, and I don't hook easily, I think.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

TheCog gets a pass because they're busily making a way to save gems like Paradise Lost when IF the forums inevitably shut down because Lowtax is utterly broke ARE STRUCK BY GREAT AND UNFORESEEABLE CATASTROPHE

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Lowtax deserves low taxes. How can we convince Trump, lollipop golem that he is, to sign an executive order to that effect?

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
I'm going to buy the forums from Lowtax and introduce an option to to probate other people for $20/6 hours. I'll be rich!

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

After debating participating in the fighting (you are, after all, good at fighting), you decide it would be more fun to play the game with the most people in it. The strange capture the flag game. You watch a bit longer, trying to get a feel for how it plays.

First of all, the flag is sitting upon a tall wood post, its maybe ten feet tall? Tall enough that you're going to need to use the handholds to climb it. Which is why you suppose no one has managed to run through the defenders and just grab it. The flag itself seems small enough to carry by hand. As you're watching, a group of three makes a run for the flag. They are fast. Not faster than you, but fast. It seems like their intent is to distract the defenders with enough targets, but there's five defenders and only three of them. The three rush towards the post, and some of the defenders rush forward to meet them. The kid in the lead is clearly the ringleader and the fastest of the three, as two defenders rush to meet him, he peels off to the left, and the defenders give chase. The other two are not quite as fast, one of them is a small wry figure, he darts between the defender going for him, in a pretty impressive display of agility. Unfortunately for him, the other one gets tagged as he tries to dart off to the right, and immediately turns on the smaller boy. With between two defenders and his former teammate behind him, he acts out of seeming desperation, and sprints towards the flag. Unfortunately for him, two of the defenders did not give chase, and are waiting for him. He dodges around the first, and dives under the second, sliding up to the post. Before the defenders are upon him, he begins climbing the post, but he doesn't make it up high enough before the defender on his heels manages to tag him. He lets out a frustrated sigh before joining the defenders.

You decide you need a little more context, so casually you ask one of the other onlookers. "So what are the rules?" he looks at you like you're some kind of exotic animal, "You've never played Talisman?" he asks incredously. "Nope. I'm not from around here" you explain, after a bit of prodding, you get the gist of the rules out of him. Obviously the goal is to capture the "flag", which you learn is called the talisman. It's on top of the pole. Then you have to run it to the next post, which is apparently "out that way", in the forest. When you place the talisman on the next post you, and the first three people to touch the post win. So for that reason, teams tend to be pretty small. The moment you capture the talisman, you can expect a mad rush towards the next post. If a defender, which you are informed are called zombies, touches you, you become a zombie too. The zombies win if they capture enough people, which depends on how many people are playing, but right now it looks like 12 or so.

You:

A.) Decide to look for a team. You want to get the fast guy you saw try to get the talisman earlier.

B.) A but instead Recruit from the outcasts who aren't even playing.

C.) A but instead look for people who you think will take your leadership well

D.) A but look for people who are especially tough. This won't be an asset at all, but this is what you're doing.

E.) A but recruit only girls.

F.) A but I have some other thing i'm looking for, write in what.

G.) Are gonna go at it alone. I'm going to watch for now. Let the zombies get tired.

H.) G, but I'm going to try sprinting through the defenders, and grabbing the talisman.

I.) G, but I have a clever plan. Write in.

J.) I just wanna watch actually, not play.

K.) Have decided this game is stupid. Leave to do something else. Write in what.

(Team vs solo vs leaving options will be counted together.)

If you're looking for a team, how many people do you want on your team?

L.) 1 more person
M.) 2 more people
N.) 3 more people
O.) Some other amount, I accept that everyone won't be able to win with me, which might make recruitment more difficult?

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback by the way. It means a lot.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

AN Girl power, activate!

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

ICN

Okay, so I'm using 'write in' to rebound off another choice, simply doing some scouting first.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 24, 2018

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Casually ask one of the onlookers what's up with the kids that no one is playing with.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Casually ask one of the onlookers what's up with the kids that no one is playing with.

You ask a boy, possibly a couple years younger than you. "You mean the Ters? They're all part of that group of refugees that came to town. They're fine for the most part, but theres a few of them that the older kids like to pick on, and its not good to get caught up on that, so people don't wanna play with them." the kid looks conspiratorially to either side and then leans in to whisper "i heard that it's because some of them are real freaks, got cursed when their town was destroyed by a witch, now they have weeping sores and extra mouths and other horrible things."

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Ah, youthful fantasy.

They don't appear to have actual visible infections or extra body parts, right? :ohdear:

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Ah, youthful fantasy.

They don't appear to have actual visible infections or extra body parts, right? :ohdear:

Not that you can tell no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Can we scout the other pole in the forest before we form our team?