Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/primetimemlw/status/953597783444946944

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

One person demanded it so I am doing, a huge multi part history of TNA. This time we start with what TNA was and who the early players were. Join us as we talk more about TNA than anyone ever should. This is a bit of an introduction, the next episodes will go more in depth into finances, competition, promotion, etc.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/10076195/monumental11

Edit: Also it should be on itunes now so go subscribe and review it and support the patreon

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 18, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I had no idea they were thinking of Tuesday Night Attitude as their name. That's somehow even more pathetic than Total Nonstop Action.

That was fun and I'd like to hear the history continue, so please don't forget to record!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

MassRafTer posted:

One person demanded it so I am doing, a huge multi part history of TNA. This time we start with what TNA was and who the early players were. Join us as we talk more about TNA than anyone ever should. This is a bit of an introduction, the next episodes will go more in depth into finances, competition, promotion, etc.

Edit: Also it should be on itunes now so go subscribe and review it and support the patreon

Checked this out and while the production values are lower than what I'm used to from the podcasts I listen to, I found the subject matter quite interesting and will probably be listening to future episodes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Incessant Excess posted:

Checked this out and while the production values are lower than what I'm used to from the podcasts I listen to, I found the subject matter quite interesting and will probably be listening to future episodes.

We'll add more pyro in episode 2.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

We'll add more pyro in episode 2.

Don't add any ballyhoo unless you have a cat named Ballyhoo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am surprised more people aren't talking about Bryan's refusal to run his dishwasher story from B/V/C.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

MassRafTer posted:

I am surprised more people aren't talking about Bryan's refusal to run his dishwasher story from B/V/C.

500 dollars, a pittance.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Confirmed on WOL just now, Dave Meltzer is working out for the Royal Rumble.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

I'm shocked that no one realized who the new member of the Ministry is.

Especially since Bryan watched the Rumble recently.

Viscera

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MassRafTer posted:

like I understand not wanting to open it but surely anyone else would have switched it on at least once and hoped that made the dishwasher less of a biohazard

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

This is good but I don't want to send money because I'm greedy, for Some money. I ain't sorry but i wish I didn't have to say this so I'm sorry about that

edit Just got told i didn't have to say this? Someone emailed Me saying I had to and that's why I did. here's the email

edit I don't know how to fix it. I'm going off here to finish something up and go to the store so I'll see you later

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 18, 2018

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MassRafTer posted:

I'm surprised theres less talking about how much Bryan hates CM Punk in 2008-2009

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Bryan not being a functional adult doesn’t really phase me any more, I guess

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'd love to see a full set of Bryan facts.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

A complete rundown of all the things he doesn’t know would be hilarious.

When they reviewed Total Divas and Nikki’s sex toys were a plot point, he basically admitted he knew very little about sex. There’s probably 100 things like that through the years.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

MassRafTer posted:

I'd love to see a full set of Bryan facts.

http://f4w.wikia.com/wiki/Bryan_Alvarez

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I think Finn's selling post match on raw was to get the curb stomp over and Dave and Bryan completely missed it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao bryan reading forums saying to stuff drugs up your butt to his grandmother

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Saying that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was better booked than WWE had me rolling

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

PaybackJack posted:

Hyperbole. It's bad but it only lasts for 2 minutes and has a worthwhile post match pay off. Jenna/Sharmell is like 6-7 minutes long bell to bell and there is no pay off.

Coming back to this but it is funny there are levels of the worst match ever, where the standard is Sharmell vs Jenna and things are graded on that scale.

There was some Lucha Libre USA match that at the time they said was worse in every way than Sharmell/Jenna and they never even remember it exists, but they do remember Rebel v Shelley and sometimes Bushwhackers/Ivan Shiek.

Fake edit: oh god i found the match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxPEnbjADgk&t=1110s

Mascarita Dorada & Octagoncito vs Pequeno Halloween & Tigresa Caliente (Rhaka Khan)

real edit: noones monitoring Rhaka Khan's wikipedia

quote:

She returned again in the second season not with Chi Chi, but with Mini Park's ex-wife. It was during this season that Tigresa attempted to murder two minis, Mascarita Dorada and Octagoncito.

Lid fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jan 20, 2018

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Lid posted:

Coming back to this but it is funny there are levels of the worst match ever, where the standard is Sharmell vs Jenna and things are graded on that scale.

There was some Lucha Libre USA match that at the time they said was worse in every way than Sharmell/Jenna and they never even remember it exists, but they do remember Rebel v Shelley and sometimes Bushwhackers/Ivan Shiek.

Mascarita Dorada & Octagoncito vs Pequeno Halloween & Tigresa Caliente (Rhaka Khan)

https://youtu.be/_3pjjqhgUt8

Here's the B&V segment on it. It's very good.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Lid posted:

lol i did that after listening to the B&V segment on it in the best of, can't believe it's still up

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Incessant Excess posted:

I think Finn's selling post match on raw was to get the curb stomp over and Dave and Bryan completely missed it.

I can only assume this is because WWE has periods where they deliberately demand wrestlers NOT sell any damage post match (according to Dave), so when a good wrestler sells a finisher they assume it must be because he's actually hurt.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the meltzer hate on something to wrestle with is getting a bit tiresome tbh, even if it is a work

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's not that bad. The big thing annoying about that show is the barrage of ads and schilling.

RBX fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 21, 2018

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Can anyone tell me the finish of the Bret/Booker match on this weeks retro Nitro? The version I watched had the match end during a commercial break and the announcers never brought it up again.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Does that mean it was a Benoit run in or something?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao B&V is going to review mickey mouse clubhouse

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao B&V is going to review mickey mouse clubhouse

It better be Goofy's Gone because I was immediately intrigued by Bryan's insistence that the resolution of that episode was extremely well booked.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is Pete really more obscure a character than Clarebell, or is that just my Goof Troop nostalgia talking?

(I listened to the whole review and it was delightful)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you count all iterations of pete he is older than any disney character still going and a much, much bigger draw with way more heat than whoever that other one is

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Benne posted:

Is Pete really more obscure a character than Clarebell, or is that just my Goof Troop nostalgia talking?

I got confused when they said he was a wolf and thought it must be a different Pete, until they mentioned him slapping his fat belly.

Benne posted:

It really was :)

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
The Clash Of Champions Sidewalk Slam basically just went up for your consideration in the 2018 Punchsport Awards.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
Which episode of WOL is this?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Benne posted:

Pete is basically the Sheepherders.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao bryan reading forums saying to stuff drugs up your butt to his grandmother
catching up and i lost it irl at that

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The booking of Goofy Movie made no sense. Why was Powerline okay with these two Goofs getting up on stage. Preposterous! He looked like a TOTAL numbskull!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Really enjoyed this and looking forward to more :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Anyone else just dread hearing Dave talking about a rape victim?