Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ariong posted:

The quote I’m about to post is not funny in and of itself. That’s because it’s time to play...

Guess! The! Thread!

Guess the subforum that this post comes from without clicking through for 50 points. Guess the thread for 500 points.

This is not fair. BotL could be a contrarian, off-topic shithead in any subforum or thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Ariong posted:

The quote I’m about to post is not funny in and of itself. That’s because it’s time to play...

Guess! The! Thread!

Guess the subforum that this post comes from without clicking through for 50 points. Guess the thread for 500 points.
I lost, I guessed Trad Games :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I always guess Warcraft lore thread. That’s my go to.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Ariong posted:

Guess! The! Thread!

it wasnt the xbox one thread. good one.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Ariong posted:

Guess! The! Thread!

CineD, Star Wars, probably talking about Oscar Isaac?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Untrustable posted:

Are we talking like, water out of a natural spring? Because when I was growing up there was a natural spring that flowed out of the side of a hill on my grandpa's farm. He'd fill empty Jif peanut butter jars with it and let us drink it. So far as I know the spring is still there and he still owns the land. I'm gonna go get some raw water and hit the farmers market.

Yes. Preferably in impractical glass bottles.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845693

Serak posted:

you guys joke but look at his loving sweet raw water delivery van

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds9Do2p60MQ

Pawn 17 posted:

Who the gently caress drinks their water raw?

Say Nothing posted:

Our ancestors, back when the leading cause of mortality was making GBS threads yourself to death.

Noblesse Obliged posted:

I prefer science based liquid refreshment choices rooted in evidence

That's why I stopped drinking distilled water; it has no proof

like a cigarette should posted:

I just finally healed up from a nasty stomach virus and was so happy to have solid poops again.

I hope these people poo poo pure liquid for days and learn something about parasites and bacteria along the way...But probably some LA health guru will tell them that diarrhea is NATURAL AND HEALTHIER or something.

Moridin920 posted:

That's how you know it's working - the body is detoxing all those nasty pollutants and bad energies in you!

Say Nothing posted:

Water treatment is a good thing.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Ariong posted:

Guess! The! Thread!

When in doubt, assume it's from games.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot
I drink decolonized water. It's mixed with the blood of white children

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I was thinking GWS, possibly in some burrito megathread. Or whatever they post about there.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

I drink decolonized water. It's mixed with the blood of white children

The new Kickstarter from Stormfront - dezionized water.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

I drink decolonized water.

So straight out of the colon?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Karate Bastard posted:

So straight out of the colon?

No that’s an NWA song.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This is not fair. BotL could be a contrarian, off-topic shithead in any subforum or thread.

BotL is easily one of the best posters in any subforum.
And unlike SMG, whome people like because 'he makes nerds mad', BotL just makes good posts.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I need a Chrome extension that changes "easily" to "in my extremely contested opinion" but it would be cool if it changed it for everyone, permanently

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Just change is to isn’t and vice versa

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

wayfinder posted:

I need a Chrome extension that changes "easily" to "in my extremely contested opinion" but it would be cool if it changed it for everyone, permanently

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Such Fun posted:

Your fertile womb is making grandma’s heart too crowded.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Speaking of I want the hth replacement macro back.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Basically bring back all of the wordfilters. The ones we had for "im gay" and "cuck" for a week or so were pretty great, and I miss them.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

SpacePig posted:

Basically bring back all of the wordfilters. The ones we had for "im gay" and "cuck" for a week or so were pretty great, and I miss them.

It was great what happened to user CUCK CUCK IM GAY after that

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
re: Steven Crowder

Kibayasu posted:

I still can't get over how he makes such a point about making sure everyone knows he's married by fiddling with his ring in his twitter avatar.

Edit: "Hm, yes, a good picture. American flag, forlorn look off into the distance, inspirational. And now to raise my hands awkardly to mid-torso, look like I'm fidgeting with my hands like a 12 year old talking to his first crush, aaaand done."

Jurgan posted:

Why is it that when goons see a gaping rear end in a top hat they fixate on the ring in the foreground?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

President Beep posted:

i remember when i was a kid in school and all of the analogue wall clocks were centrally controlled. they could simultaneously update them for DST and such.

i have no idea how that worked.

thanks for reading.

lancemantis posted:

was also just thinking of this same thing

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Saw this in YOSPOS, was not able to see the question marks above :confused:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

So how the gently caress did those clocks work?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

So how the gently caress did those clocks work?

Uline sells a radio controlled one for schools- though I suspect the older ones were more manual.

E:
Some are automatic too

Ornamental Dingbat has a new favorite as of 05:05 on Jan 18, 2018

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

They might have been running off a regulated pulsing DC from the central computer, so they could be adjusted forward by increasing the frequency to advance, and I guess an inverse polarity signal to turn it back.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
IIRC (and this is all anecdotal) before the radio controlled ones, all of the clocks in a school were electrically powered and ran through a single "master" clock. Depending on the style, either the master clock controlled the other clocks' every move or just corrected when they got out of line.

I also recall stories of wise-rear end kids in shop classes wiring up the clocks to batteries or some other external sources to make them run faster. Probably STDH.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

just go read the yospos thread smdh

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

mind the walrus posted:

It's dumb, but then again so is using multiple water bottles for anything other than wilderness travel.

I have a close friend whose wife refuses to let their dog drink anything but bottled water. They are constantly living a paycheck behind, stretching to reach the next one, but she will not allow that dog to drink tapwater. Day in and day out they are pouring liquid money straight into that dog’s bowl, and my friend basically can’t leave the house without having to make a detour to pick up a couple cases of water.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A creature that licks its own rear end in a top hat and tries to eat turds if you don't tell it not to will live through drinking tap water.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I have a close friend whose wife refuses to let their dog drink anything but bottled water. They are constantly living a paycheck behind, stretching to reach the next one, but she will not allow that dog to drink tapwater. Day in and day out they are pouring liquid money straight into that dog’s bowl, and my friend basically can’t leave the house without having to make a detour to pick up a couple cases of water.

Why cases? I lived without running water for 2 years and learned the most cost effective water was Walmart brand drinking water. It was like 88 cents a gallon.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Of course Brutus cannot drink other than distilled water out of freshly pressed manatees.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Untrustable posted:

Why cases? I lived without running water for 2 years and learned the most cost effective water was Walmart brand drinking water. It was like 88 cents a gallon.

Good question. It may be that bottles are a more convenient unit of packaging for when the humans want to drink some of the water, but do not want to lap it from the dog’s bowl.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
They make a bowl specifically for humans, you know. It’s called a “glass”.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

HerStuddMuffin posted:

They make a bowl specifically for humans, you know. It’s called a “glass”.
Why would you waste money on glasses when you could be using bottles???

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Tell your friend to start refilling the water bottles from the faucet!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Or just get a filter jesus christ

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

How do you not win the argument of "our dog does not need to drink Evian?" I think that was an actual joke on Frasier about a crazy rich woman.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

What a loving doormat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Maybe a reference to Leona Helmsley