Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I feel like every time i got a bunch of sodas it was a challenge to get them back to the seats without getting it all over me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Good Dog posted:

I've only been to Wrigley once but I remember there basically only being Bud Light, Budweiser or Goose Island as the only beer options, and they weren't cheap. There were lots of bars within walking distance that'd offer a larger selection but I wasn't impressed. It was super nice to take the train and having it walkable.

Angels stadium has the cheapest beer and a large selection but 99% of people drive there so they aren't nearly as likely to get hosed up. They also don't allow tailgating except in one small area under the A so there isn't a huge party scene hours before a game like some other stadiums.

I think there might still be a stand where you can get Old Style. :v:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Inspector_666 posted:

Doesn't every live venue do this? It's to keep you from being able to easily throw a "sealed" container at the field/stage.

EDIT: Although I guess a lot of places will still give you a can (even if they open it for you) so I don't even know anymore.

No I mean like fountain drink sodas. No straw/lid, just the 20oz paper cup or whatever.

25oz beers/tallboys that are sold in a can are opened when sold and either poured for you or you're given a cup to do yourself. You can buy plastic 20oz sodas/waters (and can bring in your own water) which are obviously resealable, and I think they give you the 16oz aluminum bottled beers sans cup.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Chase Field is one of my favorite stadiums for food/beer, I've only been there once but I spent more time eating than watching the game.

I had to google to find some of the places I ate at before and after, and somehow clicked around to a "weirdest hotdogs in sports concession" and found this racist hotdog

On the menu it is called the HOTTODOGGU and has nori strips, pickled cabbage and wasabi

Makes sense, given the stadium it's served in

Fedex Field, Washington Redskins

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Inspector_666 posted:

Doesn't every live venue do this? It's to keep you from being able to easily throw a "sealed" container at the field/stage.

EDIT: Although I guess a lot of places will still give you a can (even if they open it for you) so I don't even know anymore.

It's all about concessions line speed. Giving a fan a can just saves the time it takes to empty a beer into a plastic cup. I assume it also saves time to have the customer get their own lid/straw for a fountain drink too.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

The cheapest beer (I assume this would be the Bud Light) at Yankees Stadium is apparently right in the middle of the pack for MLB prices, but our hot dogs are among the cheapest!

The Phillies know what's up though, 21 ounces?!

EDIT: Apparently Barclay's is extortionate on concession pricing, even among sports arenas. I've only ever been there once for a concert.

This chart is way way way way way off, even in 2006 when I went a beer at PNC wasn't that cheap. Now they're over twice that.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Tom Gorman posted:

Chase Field is one of my favorite stadiums for food/beer, I've only been there once but I spent more time eating than watching the game.

I had to google to find some of the places I ate at before and after, and somehow clicked around to a "weirdest hotdogs in sports concession" and found this racist hotdog

On the menu it is called the HOTTODOGGU and has nori strips, pickled cabbage and wasabi

Makes sense, given the stadium it's served in

Fedex Field, Washington Redskins

Not sure that is racist. ホットドッグ (hottodoggu) is Japanese for Hot Dog. :shrug:

The worst food I ever had at a Japanese ball park in my younger days was when I bought some yaki tori and it was only the skin of the chicken.

But Japanese love their tap (namma) beer. The girls wear these heavy rear end beer packs and serve it up.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

ScottyJSno posted:

Not sure that is racist. ホットドッグ (hottodoggu) is Japanese for Hot Dog. :shrug:

The worst food I ever had at a Japanese ball park in my younger days was when I bought some yaki tori and it was only the skin of the chicken.

But Japanese love their tap (namma) beer. The girls wear these heavy rear end beer packs and serve it up.

Well that I did not know! In my mind it's just negatively making fun of the pronunciation, especially to an audience unlikely to know any different.

I'd go to work on those chicken skins though.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Tom Gorman posted:

Well that I did not know! In my mind it's just negatively making fun of the pronunciation, especially to an audience unlikely to know any different.

Oh hey, we both had the exact same reactions to that post.

Also I would totally eat that hottodoggu.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Inspector_666 posted:

EDIT: Apparently Barclay's is extortionate on concession pricing, even among sports arenas. I've only ever been there once for a concert.

Barclay's is also kicking the Islanders out for "more concerts and other events".

Read: They don't want to have to deal with maintaining the ice.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Tom Gorman posted:

Inspector_666 posted:

Oh hey, we both had the exact same reactions to that post.

Also I would totally eat that hottodoggu.

I have a recipe for fried chicken skins that I'm happy to share. I'm pretty sure Kevlar had some on election night in 2016 so he can probably attest to whether they're good enough to overcome crushing depression.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Pancakes posted:

I have a recipe for fried chicken skins that I'm happy to share. I'm pretty sure Kevlar had some on election night in 2016 so he can probably attest to whether they're good enough to overcome crushing depression.

I would love this recipe if you are willing to share it. I’ll make it for my wife as soon as we’re both done pretending that we’re going to eat healthier for the rest of 2018.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Popete posted:

Milwaukee the only way to get to the stadium for most people is to drive and that sure as hell doesn't stop anyone from drinking.

My brother and I were at a Cubs/Brewers game in Milwaukee a few years ago and directly behind us were the five drunkest people we have ever encountered. They were sloshed even before the first pitch and got worse during the game. They were obnoxiously yelling the names of players the Cubs didn't even have anymore. "FOOOOK-A-DOOH-MAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" "GEO-VAH-NAYYYYYYYYYYYY" etc.

With 2 outs in the ninth the least drunk among them threw a full cup of beer up in the air, shouted WOOOOO CUBBIEESSS YEAHHHHHHH" as the whole section was showered with beer. Thankfully an usher was right there before a very angry Brewers fan nearly decked him.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

wasabi is poo poo and is not fit to be put on anything let alone a hotdog

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Pancakes posted:

I don't remember them at all. I remember your tasty burrata and then spending the entire night drinking as much alcohol as possible in stupefied disbelief. :smith:

Your Taint posted:

My brother and I were at a Cubs/Brewers game in Milwaukee a few years ago and directly behind us were the five drunkest people we have ever encountered. They were sloshed even before the first pitch and got worse during the game. They were obnoxiously yelling the names of players the Cubs didn't even have anymore. "FOOOOK-A-DOOH-MAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" "GEO-VAH-NAYYYYYYYYYYYY" etc.

With 2 outs in the ninth the least drunk among them threw a full cup of beer up in the air, shouted WOOOOO CUBBIEESSS YEAHHHHHHH" as the whole section was showered with beer. Thankfully an usher was right there before a very angry Brewers fan nearly decked him.

I used to go up to County Stadium to see Cubs/Brewers games in high school often. My favorite memory of the bleachers was a Brewers fan that spent the entire game taking $1 to $5 bets from Cubs fans on whether the current Cubs batter would get a hit. Before the first pitch of each PA, he'd set the odds at either 3 to 1, 4 to 1, or 5 to 1 based on the batting average of the hitter. The Cubs only got 2 hits that day, so he ended up taking quite a wad of cash from Cubs fans.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I don't remember them at all. I remember your tasty burrata and then spending the entire night drinking as much alcohol as possible in stupefied disbelief. :smith:

Don't think that I've forgotten that it was your fault in the first place :colbert:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

IcePhoenix posted:

Don't think that I've forgotten that it was your fault in the first place :colbert:

Still worth it :colbert:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Paul Zuvella posted:

wasabi is poo poo and is not fit to be put on anything let alone a hotdog

Most people have never eaten real wasabi anyways. It's usually a mix of horseradish/mustard/green food coloring

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

STAC Goat posted:

Citizen Bank is the perfect stadium. Great food, an open design that keeps you in the game even as you're walking around, tons of great seats and the ability to just watch the game from your feet from anywhere (which is generally how I prefer to watch). I love that drat stadium and will take any excuse to go to Philly for a game and a cheesesteak.

I like the Mets and the Marlins. I go down to Citizens Bank Park for Phillies-Marlins games, so that I can comfortably root for the Marlins with my old college friends (I went to Temple). CBP owns, and the seats & food & beer are sooooooo much cheaper than everything at Citi Field.

quote:

I miss baseball.

Same. :smith:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
The food at AT&T when I visited was loving awful. The park itself was nice.

Miller Park is always and forever the best though. Cheap beer and they grill their meats correctly.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

As of tomorrow, pitchers and catchers begin reporting in 27 days! :unsmith:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

As a Pirates fan, I will also miss baseball, but in May.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would think a hottodoggu should be a sushi hot dog. Basically a giant roll with a hot dog as the meat in the center.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

cis autodrag posted:

The food at AT&T when I visited was loving awful. The park itself was nice.

Miller Park is always and forever the best though. Cheap beer and they grill their meats correctly.

The only place where brat sales are better than hot dog sales in the MLB.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Rand alPaul posted:

I would think a hottodoggu should be a sushi hot dog. Basically a giant roll with a hot dog as the meat in the center.

That's no longer a sandoitchi though

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

ihatepants posted:

I would love this recipe if you are willing to share it. I’ll make it for my wife as soon as we’re both done pretending that we’re going to eat healthier for the rest of 2018.

2 cups 1/4-inch wide strips fresh chicken skin. If you don't have a butcher nearby that will sell you chicken skins direct I recommend chicken thighs for the skin.
2 cups whole-milk buttermilk.
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp salt
4 cups canola oil
4 cups flour
1 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp smoked paprika

Preheat oven to 300F
Scrape away as much visible fat as you can from the chicken skins if you want them crispy.
Mix the buttermilk, cayenne and salt in a baking dish with the chicken skins. Bake for 1 hour.
Remove the baking dish from the oven and let sit until cool enough to handle. Note: This part creates a strong smell.
Remove the skin from the buttermilk, shake off any excess, lay on a wire rack set over a baking sheet to drain and further cool for 5-10 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Combine the flour, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika in a bowl.
Toss the skin in the flour mixture, coating heavily. Fry the skin in batches, approx. 5 minutes each.
Drain the skin for 1-2 minutes on wire racks covered with paper towels.
Serve on a platter drizzled with dark honey and hot sauce.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

New Concept Hole posted:

That's no longer a sandoitchi though

*unsheathes katana*

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Its funny, I've been posting in the hockey thread for a few seasons now, but it took the Pirates imploding for me to finally start talking about baseball too. We've trying to decide where to go for our annual baseball trip this year, because my father, brother and I have just about all decided to not bother with the Pirates. We're thinking Atlanta or Baltimore, since my sister and her husband live in Charlotte and both cities are in driving distance for them as well.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rand alPaul posted:

I bet one of those facebook cooking videos somewhere has done exactly this

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I went to Milwaukee for a wedding and decided to catch a game while in town. They have buses that pick you up at downtown bars and sell you beers while they drive you to the stadium and then pick you up there after the game and sell you beers on the way back to the bar they picked you up from so Milwaukee is a fun place.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Rand alPaul posted:

Japan is way ahead of you

http://www.sunlive.co.jp/recipe/%E3...81%8E%E3%82%8A/

ScottyJSno fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 18, 2018

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The bleachers at Wrigley are one of two places in the city you can still get Hot Doug's sausages. The other being on a specialty pizza at Piece. They used to also have what I called a "meat tornado" but I have no idea the real name of it. It was a cone of bread filled with BBQ pulled pork and macaroni & cheese. It was also bleachers-only, so just like with the guest chefs thing, it's disappointingly restricted as to where you can get the good food at Wrigley.

Wrigley did this for its 100th anniversary. They had a place called "decade dogs" where each homestand they had a hot dog based around a different decade. The '50s was a TV dinner dog that had mashed potatoes and corn on it.

You had me at "meat tornado"

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Yeah, the meat tornado sounds delicious.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

iospace posted:

Barclay's is also kicking the Islanders out for "more concerts and other events".

Read: They don't want to have to deal with maintaining the ice.

It's pretty mutual. The Islanders want out because the ice surface is by far the worst in the NHL. Hell, the whole league wants them to leave. Plus, since the building was never designed for hockey, they have to sell a good chunk of mid-priced seats on the cheap because you can only see one goal.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Pancakes posted:

Fried Chicken Skin recipe

Thanks so much for this! Will definitely make it sometime soon.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I was thinking of going to Yankee Stadium for the first time for a game with the Red Sox. I'd be there as a Yankees fan. How intense would that experience be for an early May series?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

SourKraut posted:

Yeah, the meat tornado sounds delicious.

:sweatdrop:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I understood you ron

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Instead of going to pnc go see a show at the Benedum center and get some drinks at Sienna Mercato

Good times in Pittsburgh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Shiroc posted:

I was thinking of going to Yankee Stadium for the first time for a game with the Red Sox. I'd be there as a Yankees fan. How intense would that experience be for an early May series?

Anytime the Sox are in town it's an intense experience. You should definitely go, you'll have a blast.

If you are driving there, don't pay $30 or whatever for parking. I always get free street parking within a 5 minute walk every time I drive in, without fail.

• Locked thread