Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Pancakes posted:

This was a really strong Shoot the Moon entry that also knocked the previously-perfect shoot-the-moon entry out of zero points, just FYI.

yesssssssssss

all glory to arioch, the chaos lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pancakes posted:

This was a really strong Shoot the Moon entry that also knocked the previously-perfect shoot-the-moon entry out of zero points, just FYI.

You're lobbying in the thread more than most people are, so you've got that going for you. Six new entries since I updated last. Some statistical tidbits after 18 entries:
For question 3: Of the 9 living SCOTUS justices only 5 have been picked. You Shoot the Moon folks think too much alike.
For question 9: Every single one of Trump's children has been picked.
For question 13: Of the 9 Star Wars movies that have had wide releases in theaters, 8 of them have been picked.

rbg, sotomayor, thomas (moon), gorsuch (moon)......................either alito for moon, or maybe kennedy??? can almost guarantee no one picked breyer yet

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Squizzle posted:

rbg, sotomayor, thomas (moon), gorsuch (moon)......................either alito for moon, or maybe kennedy??? can almost guarantee no one picked breyer yet

there's NO WAY Thomas wasn't a majority are u talkin about the CSPAM I know? ain't nobody goin unironic on these questions

oh also please definitely send a hat to Ashley Feinberg she's the BEST

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/845344052220432385

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Ol Standard Retard posted:

there's NO WAY Thomas wasn't a majority are u talkin about the CSPAM I know? ain't nobody goin unironic on these questions

:chloe: Thomas is the worst

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Billzasilver posted:

:chloe: Thomas is the worst

thats the point ya dngus! errbody is gonna be trying to second guess each other

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Squizzle posted:

roberts is a moon given that he's top three worst chief justice of all time

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

the real moon winners are going to come in the supreme court cases/comic/country/world leader questions

trying to game the current supreme court justices will only end in tears, since you have two moon categories: obvious bad choices in gorsuch/alito/roberts/kennedy and the two completely forgettable choices in kagan/breyer

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

oh btw for comics I picked penguin and everyone else should too

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Billzasilver posted:

trump is clearly richie rich, sir

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
He's Wimpy

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

boob mcnutt, imo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Red Skull

Because he is a Nazi

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Billzasilver posted:

Just lol if you didn't put down Von Doom. You KNOW Trump would kill Paul Ryan for scoffing at his army of Tump Bots.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Mr. Magoo

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

HootTheOwl posted:

Just lol if you didn't put down Von Doom. You KNOW Trump would kill Paul Ryan for scoffing at his army of Tump Bots.

man, everyone wants to be von doom. even the penguin wants that!

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

i'm scared to even post in this thread much less compete

Can I submit answers for funsies and only funsies? I wouldn't win anyway, because I'm bad. Unless I've been That DICK!'d as well, w/o my knowledge. Then this would be for extremely serious bloodsport.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Pancakes posted:

2. People who have already gotten a free hat are welcome to enter the Sheep Game. If I like you or your posts enough to just give you a free hat then you're more than welcome to try for a second.

juche avocado posted:

Can I submit answers for funsies and only funsies? I wouldn't win anyway, because I'm bad. Unless I've been That DICK!'d as well, w/o my knowledge. Then this would be for extremely serious bloodsport.

Your Pancakes-Love free hat is safe, go nuts posting or submitting an entry however you like.

E: The five posters who are getting free no-contest hats already know who they are, got PM’s regarding their hats and I’ve set their hats aside already. If you didn’t get a PM from me specifically saying you were getting a free hat then this thread is your shot. If you got a PM saying you were getting a free hat then it’ll be on its way once the thread is done, no takebacks.

Pancakes has issued a correction as of 20:34 on Jan 17, 2018

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

juche avocado posted:

submit all the same answer as me so i can win

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Pancakes posted:

Your Pancakes-Love free hat is safe, go nuts posting or submitting an entry however you like.

E: The five posters who are getting free no-contest hats already know who they are, got PM’s regarding their hats and I’ve set their hats aside already. If you didn’t get a PM from me specifically saying you were getting a free hat then this thread is your shot. If you got a PM saying you were getting a free hat then it’ll be on its way once the thread is done, no takebacks.

turns out i'm bad at reading also

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

woah woah woah the op encourages me to make lovely posts itt this changes everything
\

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

submit all the same answer as me so i can win

Donald Trump, America's "Great Helmsman" whose brilliance, the official doctrine insists, led a vast nation to restored greatness, was actually an irritable, manipulative egotist incapable of human feeling who surrounded himself with sycophants and refused even to be treated for a sexually transmitted disease, though he knew he was spreading it to the numerous young women who shared his bed.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

juche avocado posted:

Donald Trump, America's "Great Helmsman" whose brilliance, the official doctrine insists, led a vast nation to restored greatness, was actually an irritable, manipulative egotist incapable of human feeling who surrounded himself with sycophants and refused even to be treated for a sexually transmitted disease, though he knew he was spreading it to the numerous young women who shared his bed.

same, OP so that's 2 poitns for each of us :hfive:

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

nb: i did read the op originally, jsut not very well

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

the most donald trump-like comic book character is obviously donald trump himself from doonesbury

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

the most donald trump-like comic book character is obviously donald trump himself from doonesbury

I legit put this down and was worried my answer was going to be considered invalid.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

HootTheOwl posted:

I legit put this down and was worried my answer was going to be considered invalid.

I'm not going to lie, your entry really toes the line on shooting the moon in good faith. You weren't the only one to pick Trump from Doonesbury and that's fair game in my opinion (Bill the Cat post-brain transplant from Bloom County would also work). Your King of the Hill entry seemed iffier to me. Enough of your entries were funny enough that I think they should probably count for shooting the moon, though. If it's close I may put it to a blind vote in the thread.

E: Or maybe count them as lobbying and give the "shoot the moon" award to another poster. We'll see how it all shakes out, we've got a few days to go.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Look this contest is great and all but I just want the hat which I will wear in public because I BELIEVE I BELIEVE IN THE PISS TAPE

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pancakes posted:

I'm not going to lie, your entry really toes the line on shooting the moon in good faith. You weren't the only one to pick Trump from Doonesbury and that's fair game in my opinion (Bill the Cat post-brain transplant from Bloom County would also work). Your King of the Hill entry seemed iffier to me. Enough of your entries were funny enough that I think they should probably count for shooting the moon, though. If it's close I may put it to a blind vote in the thread.

E: Or maybe count them as lobbying and give the "shoot the moon" award to another poster. We'll see how it all shakes out, we've got a few days to go.

I wasn't thinking Doonesbury, or any specific instance of Trump. I just went "There's no way he hasn't appeared in comics before" and wrote it down.
AND HOW DARE YOU, SIR! All my answers are in good faith and honest and true! Any goon who disagrees with me is simply uninformed of what the correct answer was!

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I didn’t put this but I just thought Luanne is a legit king of the hill entry because he’s just agrees with the last argument anyone charismatically made to her.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

I wasn't thinking Doonesbury, or any specific instance of Trump. I just went "There's no way he hasn't appeared in comics before" and wrote it down.
AND HOW DARE YOU, SIR! All my answers are in good faith and honest and true! Any goon who disagrees with me is simply uninformed of what the correct answer was!

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Comrayn posted:

I didn’t put this but I just thought Luanne is a legit king of the hill entry because he’s just agrees with the last argument anyone charismatically made to her.

lmaooo

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

14. Which current world leader is most likely to invite Trump to their birthday party?

I hope nobody is missing the obvious answer

:smugdon:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

just fyi if your trying for a moonshot all you need to do for #5 is find a funny dissent that is not written by scalia

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

and for #12, find the name of a busker (a player, of music) who has performed in orlando melbourne airport

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

seriously who isn't going to answer scalia's dissent on obergefell

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BrianBoitano posted:

14. Which current world leader is most likely to invite Trump to their birthday party?

I hope nobody is missing the obvious answer

:smugdon:

His birthday is in June. He's not going to last that long.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

it’s like no one here even reads my fanfiction

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

World War Mammories posted:

seriously who isn't going to answer scalia's dissent on obergefell

anyone working at Mott's Corporate, or their sympathizers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
We're at 25 total entries so far and still have one SCOTUS Justice who hasn't been picked by anyone, either in a Shoot the Moon entry or otherwise. We also have had a famous concurrence submitted as both an opinion and a dissent by different contestants. It's still too early to know for certain who'll win, but there are 4-5 questions that are very clearly going to decide who's in the top bracket of points.

• Locked thread