Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
:siren: Who is the Russian :siren:

Warning! We have FAKE NEWS accounts posting here from eastern SOVIET Europe trying to influence our ways of thinking.

The only way to prove that we are who we say we are is to participate in a “most patriotic” challenge.

The winner will be awarded with a special prize. The second highest scorer is clearly the Russian spy - they’ll be given a new custom title and new “responsibilities” to undo the damage of their communist messaging. The logic for determining who is the spy goes like this: a spy would be very well-studied and practiced in western ways, but ultimately foreign to them. A true American will perform these challenges better than any Russian could. But a Russian would run a close second by copying and learning from the American. Therefore, top place is a hero. Second place must be the spy. And clearly the spy won't be able to resist playing this game to prove that they're not a spy.

We're going to play the sheep game:

Format Shamelessly Stolen from C-Spam posted:

How do I play a Sheep Game?
I will ask a series of inane questions. Anyone interested in playing will email (see the bottom of this post) with their SA Username, a link to their profile and their answers. Please do not PM me your answers. I promise I will count any entry sent to the email address. I reserve the right to arbitrarily reject or accept entries delivered via PM, depending on my mood and the quality of your entry.

I just have to answer your stupid questions? But then how do I win?
Entries are scored by how popular the total answers are among all other contestants. For instance, let's say one question is "Which fluid is in the tape?" If you answer "Piss" but all the other posters answer "Lemonade" then you get no points, despite the fact that you are right and they are wrong. However, if five other posters also say "Piss" then you get five points for that question. So do they. Your goal is to guess what answers will be the most popular. Whichever entry gets the most total points wins and gets a free hat. If there's a tie I'll figure out some sort of tiebreaker but let's ignore that for now.

Threads are more fun if people are posting in them. Post (and lobby for) for your favorite possible answers in the thread. This helps you in two ways:
1. You might persuade other posters to post your preferred answer, increasing your score.
2. Once the Sheep Game is over, I will pick my favorite lobbying post from the thread. My decision is arbitrary and final. Shim gets a pick too.

The Questions
1. Who is the best pre-Trump US President?
2. What is the worst political party in the history (or present) of the United States?
3. How many current members of congress (on 1/15/2018) are military veterans?
4. Is the United States Marine Corps its own branch of service, or a part of the Navy?
5. How many editions of the dick art book have been published?
6. Who is the patron saint of GIP?
7. Which MRE makes you poo poo you pants?
8. Who is the collectively most hated mod of GIP?
9. What year did GIP become its own subforum?
10. Which regular GIP poster currently on active duty is the dumbest?
11. Does kneeling during the national anthem insult your service to this great country?
12. What's the highest rank (any nationality) of anyone who has posted in GIP?
13. Which US-involved war was/is the coolest?
14. What will ultimately cause the demise of the United States?
15. What is the best dog in GIP?

Zeris fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

people will say Monty is the best dog and fail to realize that they're all good dogs

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Smiling Jack posted:

people will say Monty is the best dog and fail to realize that they're all good dogs

Shhh!!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Oh hell yes, another Sheep Game. I am in.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
How many GIPpers are enlisted

I need to know because reasons

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
A GIP sheep game! :dance:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

A GIP sheep game! :dance:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Please post your controversial opinions to the answers or else this will be a very boring game.

For those of you who already submitted answers, you can have a do over. There’s no rush to answer and you’re better off waiting.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Is Zeris really Jason Everman? Consider: they both were in the military and they both lived in NY. Case closed.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Gilli Galli most hated mod natch

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Gilli Galli most hated mod natch

Who the hell is that?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Two april fools days ago the admins played musical chairs with the mods. N4I got D&D(which was hilarious) and the soccer subforum mod gili galli got us. He was actually chill as hell and didn't do anything while he was in charge

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

No Slippery or HoneyBoy Bradley questions, wtf?

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
1. King George
2. Independents
3. None standing
4. Yes

Am I doing this right?

Edit: need to adjust #3 but too tired someone else do it. 4 standing

lightpole fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 17, 2018

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
1. W.
2. The Federalists
3. 5
4. Obsolete isn't a branch
5. Not enough
6. Smoke Crack. After all, we're all bitches
7. If you can't handle an MRE you're weak
8. Grover, obvies
9. Not a good year, obviously
10. Who reenlisted most recently?
11. Does kneeling during the national anthem insult your service to this great country?
12. Civilian
13. WW2 because nukes were actually used
14. Corn
15. All dogges

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
To hell with your God damned email.

1. Ronnie Ray Gunn
2. The Communist Party
3. Too goddamned few, I'll tell ya
4. The Marines have too low of a commie kill count to warrant an answer to this question
5. Infinite. It's a living document.
6. SSG Chowdown. All other are false prophets.
7. It sure as hell ain't jambalaya. Now the ribwich? That'll clear you out.
8. Grover's popularity has only grown over time, like Nixon's. So I'm going to go with Whip, because FTP.
9. 2009. I remember it unfondly
10. All of them
11. Not as much as a fat man with tiny hands complaining about it.
12. GS-14
13. Revolutionary War, because it was the OG war.
14. Twitter
15. Trick question. All dogges are good dogges (although my dogge is the goodest).

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

1 SKYNET
2 MENSA
3 sixty nine
4 maybe definitely
5 less than sixty nine
6 Dark Souls memes
7 you got bowel problems zeris
8 food truck man or inflammable laser house man, pick one
9 IDR would know this one
10 still answering IDR '-a SOF marine'
11 what the gently caress are you talking about
12 whatever rank Caro achieved freedom fighting
13 the war to land on the moon 1st(US won).
14 Dark Souls memes
15 IDR would also know the answer to this

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
What the gently caress dudes. This isn't complicated.

Posting the answers in the thread erases the game part of it.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Slim Pickens posted:

Two april fools days ago the admins played musical chairs with the mods. N4I got D&D(which was hilarious) and the soccer subforum mod gili galli got us. He was actually chill as hell and didn't do anything while he was in charge

Oh wait yeah I remember that now. That was funny poo poo.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Godholio posted:

Seriously, the point of the game is you try to answer as in line with the gip echo chamber as possible, but without discussing the questions before polling is done. It's like family feud, except the people surveyed are the ones competing.

Edit: I guess Zeris wants discussion, but I like the surprise of seeing what everyone answers at the end. It's how AI does it, but I'm not enough of a car nerd to feel like competing in that all the time.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 17, 2018

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Godholio posted:

Welcome to the new metagame bitch

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

lol it’s not complicated you’re supposed to post your arguments for given answers and see how the discussions unfold then manipulate everyone into posting the answer you wanted

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

A true American wouldn't give a gently caress, wouldn't understand(or read) half the questions, and would half rear end any answers they did give.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I hosed up and put someone's name instead of their rank. Pass me my hammer and sickle.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
How do you do, fellow United Americans?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

i answered piss tape on everything

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
like you say worst mod of gip, does ralph count towards this even tho he wasnt speciffically a gip mod but did mod gip....by that I mean come in and ban people?

ps gently caress ralph

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

MaxPowers posted:

like you say worst mod of gip, does ralph count towards this even tho he wasnt speciffically a gip mod but did mod gip....by that I mean come in and ban people?

ps gently caress ralph

It's a good argument imo

Answers don't have to be technically correct, just popular

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I'm pretty sure the echo chamber answer for MRE will be jambalaya but my friends, have you experienced the wonders of the buffalo chicken MRE?

Somewhere between three and four years back I was in an exercise at Osan and they locked us into the bunker with MOPP and MREs to subsist on for a week. General Order 1, no drinking, no going to the BX for a proper rear end disaster like Taco Bell. It was great because my boss at the time was a bodybuilder coming back from a competition and he'd been cutting weight/fat for the last two weeks. He gets into the office and rips into three MREs and starts eating them shamefully. I looked in on him and he kinda looked down and said "don't judge me..."

But I digress.

At this point in the week I'd had a few MREs over days, so we get to enjoy the usual constipation or loose moments you'd associate with those culinary joys. But on this day, I get to sample the buffalo chicken MRE. It tasted terrible, as MREs generally do? but it was a special kind of lovely. You would think with chicken being in the name there would be some semblance of protein inside the little package but that would be incorrect. Instead I got what seemed to be hardened clumps of orange poo poo lovingly slathered in more bright orange poo poo the consistency of diarrhea. It wasn't so much a nice spicy zing as it was an assault on my mouth. It is the only MRE I have not been able to eat the main course of. I'm not a particularly picky eater and I've got a pretty stern stomach but this is one of my most unpleasant food memories. So gently caress it, I'll toss it, I'm done with this.

As it turns out it's appropriate that the consistency of the buffalo sauce was that of slinky diarrhea because that's exactly what I got, but it just really plops the cherry on the sundae that much like drinking a bunch of dark beer turns my poo poo dark, after eating the buffalo chicken MRE my poo poo was orange.

that's my story thanks for reading

dscruffy1 fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 18, 2018

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Remember how terrible MRE shits smelled?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
You've got a weakass stomach if you don't exclusively eat the Buffalo chicken whenever possible. poo poo is bomb.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Chili Mac because it always came with candy.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Whatever has the marble pound cake is the best qtiyd

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The MRE factory is in Aziz Ansari's hometown fyi

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Whatever has the marble pound cake is the best qtiyd

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

shame on an IGA posted:

The MRE factory is in Aziz Ansari's hometown fyi

Fo real?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
The best MRE is your last MRE.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

The best MRE is your last MRE.

Unless it's cheese and veggie omelette. Then it's always going to suck.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
COUNTRY CAPTAIN CHICKEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

SOPAKCO, right in the middle of downtown bennettsville.

Don't look them up on glassdoor if you value your sanity

• Locked thread