Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-011-Ch-090-005--Treatment?id=398211

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also cool trivia on how they do the poses before drawing fighting blows

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
wait wat he not really doctor? wtf

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Suspicious Lump posted:

wait wat he not really doctor? wtf

I think he's just not the designated doctor of the ship.

He's a doctor in Teito's employ, and he just happened to take over the medical stuff from the actual dude who was supposed to be in charge of the medical stuff, and nobody said anything because 1) he's good and 2) he's loving creepy, who the gently caress is gonna tell him no?

That's what my take is.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also the author notes are like, really neat.

It's very endearing and I love how they make this manga.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hate-Senpai posted:

Also the author notes are like, really neat.

It's very endearing and I love how they make this manga.

It sounds like the whole crew is having a blast making this dumb manga. It really comes across in the finished product, too.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yeah, Kengan Ashura has some of the most dynamic fights I've seen in any manga, not surprised to hear they do a lot of demos and stuff. Every page of a fight just hits you in the face and hooks you in and it's why I love this manga so much

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i like that saw paing has made a friend, i am really enjoying watching all of these characters become good friends and then murder each other

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
New chapter's out on HnG's site, will probably be up on kiss later today. I hate to drop major spoilers, but something tells me that Rihito might not have this match in the bag.

Also Kuroki Gensai is definitely hot poo poo, and they confirmed that nobody wanted to face him in the bracket hence Rihito getting paired with him since he picked last.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Rihito will WIN

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

This loving dude You are foolish, you are arrogant, and above all you are weak :unsmigghh:

this series is the best and i cant loving wait for the anime

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Gensai is so terrified of the overwhelming presence emitted from Rihito "The Ripper" that he can't even understand what he's saying. He puts on a show of bravado in the face of certain defeat to mask his fear.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

tweet my meat posted:

New chapter's out on HnG's site, will probably be up on kiss later today. I hate to drop major spoilers, but something tells me that Rihito might not have this match in the bag.

Also Kuroki Gensai is definitely hot poo poo, and they confirmed that nobody wanted to face him in the bracket hence Rihito getting paired with him since he picked last.

I'm glad it was confirmed.

Finally my chart has meaning.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Link to new chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-012-Ch-091--Lance?id=399130

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
LIHITO

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rihito...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Finally, we can start seeing why this man, who has had no Kengan matches before now, is getting so much hype alongside the likes of the Kure assassin, Wakatsuki, Muteba, and the Fang himself.

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.
Sooooooo is there anyway to read the Japanese RAWS? I can only find them in thai which is... weird.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hellbunny posted:

Sooooooo is there anyway to read the Japanese RAWS? I can only find them in thai which is... weird.

There are no online readers with the Japanese raws as far as I know, you could probably find somewhere to download them though.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Finally, we can start seeing why this man, who has had no Kengan matches before now, is getting so much hype alongside the likes of the Kure assassin, Wakatsuki, Muteba, and the Fang himself.

Maybe Rihito pulls off the upset. :rip: Rihito

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013

Hellbunny posted:

If you can install the Manga One (マンガワン) app on your phone, the entire series is there. It works on a daily stamina system, though.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I believe in Rihito.

So Kiryu can beat him up in his next round.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Hypocrisy posted:

I believe in Rihito.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Hypocrisy posted:

I believe in Rihito.

So Kiryu can beat him up in his next round.

Jobhito gonna job

So he loses to kiryu next round or in a not twist since our assassin here spoke of it, beats the snot out of kiryu and goes against our boy of the lightning... or BEST LOUD CHARACTER though I think he will lose so he can go full time announcer as is his LOUD DESTINY

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I'm expecting things to go sour in the competition, resulting in an all out brawl between factions. This allows the fight losers to be relevant again.

TBH, I preferred the fast paced fights in the brawl vs these fights.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Hellbunny posted:

Yeah its actually really hard to find the raws. Had to search using the japanese name and found this site:
http://www.manhuagui.com/comic/15248/

Use google translate

edit: I am completley wrong, turns out I cant tell the difference between japanese and chinese characters. ooops.. I did find this hilarious translation though:

they even translate him into english lol

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 16, 2018

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
ED: Double-posted.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jan 15, 2018

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
To quote myself from Chapter 81:

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-010-Ch-081?id=385419

Rihito's fingers can tear flesh, but his opponent's fingers can carve rock / concrete. Rihito's so screwed.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Rihito's bringing finger knives to a finger gun fight.

Suspicious Lump posted:

I'm expecting things to go sour in the competition, resulting in an all out brawl between factions. This allows the fight losers to be relevant again.

TBH, I preferred the fast paced fights in the brawl vs these fights.

From what we've seen of Toyo Electric's plans, this is almost certainly happening.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

To quote myself from Chapter 81:

Weird claim to make when the dude's deaf as gently caress.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
how did i miss his shorts saying lihito lol

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

Weird claim to make when the dude's deaf as gently caress.

He said that he had no blind spots, not that he had no deaf spots.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-012-Ch-092--Expert?id=400152

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

You can do it Rihito

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

How does the phrase go? Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Was Kuroki's goatee always supposed to be so thick? What the hell happened?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Plutonis posted:

You can do it Rihito

"It" being die four times in one chapter

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Weird of them to build up Gensai as such a huge threat only for him to get his throat ripped out by Rihito at the start of the match, beating the fastest fight record set in the previous match.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

It's my second favorite manga martial arts style - Do-Nothing Karate! I am blessed :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't believe after weird freaks like Kiryu and Inaba, the third guy that people are scared of is just using Karate with rock-breaking hands.