Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Calling it right now

Reddit will overreact to Skadden's reply and play it down as nothing important.

Be sure to tweet it, else it doesn't count

E:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9VO7X_q9nw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Lladre posted:

The important thing is calling that a response is going to get filed on the due date, because you have inside knowledge of how the one of the largest law firms in the world works, a day before the due date.

It kinda is a thing, since they don't have to file a response at all at this point, as has been pointed out.

I just wanna see it for giggles. I don't care if derek managed to be right about something or not.

Seeing the :reddit: hive try and make it seem like its another failure could be entertaining too, if you don't mind brain damage.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Daztek posted:

Be sure to tweet it, else it doesn't count

Look at this social media amateur, not blogging the Tweet.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

loving lmao

this is spectacular

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Beet Wagon posted:

Imagine being owned by a game developer so bad that you think a joke about how people shouldn't bitch about the game is some kind of goon masterstroke.

e:

I loving love your dog

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

big nipples big life posted:

Really reaching on this one Jobbo. Be careful with such specific calls.

Just using the tips and tricks of the trade that I learned from the best.

Next time I call something, I might even link to a tweet or a different forum!

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Just using the tips and tricks of the trade that I learned from the best.

Next time I call something, I might even link to a tweet or a different forum!

You're not recursive enough yet. Gotta level up them skills. Link to a tweet, that links to a blog, that links to a thread, that links back to the initial tweet.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hobold posted:

It kinda is a thing, since they don't have to file a response at all at this point, as has been pointed out.

I just wanna see it for giggles. I don't care if derek managed to be right about something or not.

Seeing the :reddit: hive try and make it seem like its another failure could be entertaining too, if you don't mind brain damage.

I didn't even know if it was a due date or not. I am posting for the top hat's of the thread.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

The Titanic posted:

The best thing about Star Citizen is the game that already does everything it wants to do and more (minus the walking around thing that nobody likes from X series), is that it’s already boring as gently caress now.

It will take SC at least another 5-10 years before people realize the core mechanics are of poor design and also boring as gently caress.

The future of SC is boredom.

Unfortunately, much like the heat death of the universe, SC's fun death will be long and drawn out. I'm sure there will be a core of believers outraged the day the last server if finally shutdown.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

The important thing is calling that a response is going to get filed on the due date, because you have inside knowledge of how the one of the largest law firms in the world works, a day before the due date.

I suggest you double down on this so I can laugh at you more later.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

AP posted:

I suggest you double down on this so I can laugh at you more later.

If you can't laugh at yourself then you might be a Citizen.
(And probably follow the goings on way more than I do)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hobold posted:

I want to say they announced something akin to power armor a long while back. Early Star Marine days.

Not sure if that has been lost to time or the avalanche of bullshit videos.

Indeed they did, friend

I wouldn't be surprised to see them sell a legit "battlemech" though. I could see CIG doing something on the bigger side of the power armor spectrum to compare with their big stupid loving tank. Probably aren't gonna see any 100 ton assault mechs roaming around but I could totally see them offering a mech big enough to have a legit cockpit, if someone puts the MW5 videos in front of Chris.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/804413750069473280

Dec 2016. Is this possible yet?

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 18, 2018

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hobold posted:

You're not recursive enough yet. Gotta level up them skills. Link to a tweet, that links to a blog, that links to a thread, that links back to the initial tweet.

All in due time, my friend

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Enchanted Hat posted:

I remember backers unironically suggesting that Star Citizen should install malware on your PC that would prevent you from playing if it detected that you were using discord or Skype or something, so you're really not far off.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

Indeed they did, friend

I wouldn't be surprised to see them sell a legit "battlemech" though. I could see CIG doing something on the bigger side of the power armor spectrum to compare with their big stupid loving tank. Probably aren't gonna see any 100 ton assault mechs roaming around but I could totally see them offering a mech big enough to have a legit cockpit, if someone puts the MW5 videos in front of Chris.

Even though they flat out stated there would be no mechs many moons ago I can see it happening. But to disagree, it will be twice the size of an Atlas and have a shitter.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can’t wait to buy a tank and a mech and so many land battle vehicles for my space game...I think Derek Smart might know a thing or two about balancing a game with so many moving pieces

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

B'Tak, even if star citizen locks my computer, I'll still have my tablet or my phone to launch discord. I'll find you B'Tak, don't try to hide.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ChambersArt/status/954030545570291712

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

The problem is that the youtube lawyer has set Citizen expectations so high that if the reply is extensive and damaging there is going to be major angst as Citizens try to refactor their dreams. 3.0 is a dud, it's so bad that I can't even be bothered reading the issue tracker, so much crap there, this Crytek response should provide a lot of laughs, if it's as devastating as I expect it to be.

I can assure you that when it drops, they're going to have to refactor their brains.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
My source on the subway this morning said that Star Citizen is hosed.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jan 18, 2018

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Baxta posted:

Why is this guy a proud authority on all things I.T. again? Seems he knows a little about hardware and thats it.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

what are cellphones

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Leave your jacket behind? No wonder how Eckhart ended up with 50 of them.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hobold posted:

Because I have credible sources, I can safely say that it's as absolutely loving hilarious as it is disastrous for RSI/CIG. And it's coming tomorrow.

I think backers are going to be walking off cliffs when they read the brutal take down of Ortwin over his conflict of interest. Or how they completely shred CIG for their attempt at re-defining the intent of the word "exclusive" as used in 2.1.2. They called it "absurd", and I hear that at least one sentence had the word "nonsense" (a Derek Smart trademark) in it. :D

Tomorrow can't come soon enough, and I have Pacer in an auto-refresh tab already. :grin:

Someone should tell MoMa.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

I cook pancakes, therefore I know all about cooking fish. And let me tell you, these fish cookers are Not Up To Scratch.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

D_Smart posted:

Because I have credible sources, I can safely say that it's as absolutely loving hilarious as it is disastrous for RSI/CIG. And it's coming tomorrow.

I think backers are going to be walking off cliffs when they read the brutal take down of Ortwin over his conflict of interest. Or how they completely shred CIG for their attempt at re-defining the intent of the word "exclusive" as used in 2.1.2. They called it "absurd", and I hear that at least one sentence had the word "nonsense" (a Derek Smart trademark) in it. :D

Tomorrow can't come soon enough, and I have Pacer in an auto-refresh tab already. :grin:

Someone should tell MoMa.

That is some oddly specific stuff for you to be saying. Don't get yourself in trouble just because you want to 'call it' first.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I call that the next response from RSI/CIG/15others will contain the words "gish-gallop", "FUD" and "belt".

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Cool. So we can spend a week arguing what the word "nonsense" means.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Hobold posted:

You're not recursive enough yet.
So, like… λ(x) (x x) or something?
We're still on lambda talk, right?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Lambda taxxe:

It also has AI that worked, and :lol: that the Anomalous Materials lab tour is still 100x more atmospheric and immersive than anything CIG have put out

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Cool. So we can spend a week arguing what the word "nonsense" means.

Exclusively.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

I forgot about this lovely goodie, because no one in the world has access to more that one machine at a time, indeed I hear there is this new fangled thing called VM.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Hav posted:

Exclusively.

Having learned that Derek has deep sources embedded into the drafting of the response, the use of the word "nonsense" will be replaced with "potato".

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
nothing will ever top CIG arguing contract vs tort in a motion to dismiss

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I hope CIG uses the wrong company defense again.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TheAgent posted:

nothing will ever top CIG arguing contract vs tort in a motion to dismiss

Tsk tsk tsk.
You should know the motto of this thread by now. I'm disappointed.

big nipples big life posted:

I hope CIG uses the wrong company defense again.
It's going to end up being the corporate version of that old sovereign citizen attempt at confusing the judge, isn't it? :D

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Cultists, when presented incontrovertible evidence that the game is indeed poo poo, cover their eyes and scream they can't hear you over the awesome gameplay of single digit frame rates and tedium made manifest.

It will be no stretch of the imagination that a technical document for a specialty audience will be incorrectly dissected by this same crowd. These people willfully misinterpret the most basic stimuli, so a memo that usually causes reasonable peoples' eyes to glaze over will of course be utterly misconstrued to fit their world view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

Tsk tsk tsk.
You should know the motto of this thread by now. I'm disappointed.
the only hope I have is crobbers on the stand hemming and hawing about his private bank accounts