Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I hope you know this invalidates everything you say from this point on for the rest of your life

This thread has taught me otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

spudsbuckley posted:

The first episode of the new season of American Crime Story was pretty good. The first season was really great so i have high hopes for this one.

It's weird how uneven the quality of Ryan Murphy shows are.
Scream Queens had a good pilot too.

After that, ehhh

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Josh Lyman posted:

After that, ehhh

The first season was good but the second was indeed awful and the show is probably better off being done.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Josh Lyman posted:

After that, ehhh

Yeah, I thought the pilot was decent, but I gave up about 3 episodes later

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

See, I learned the Murphy pattern and just dont bother anymore.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The last season of American Crime Story was loving stellar and you all need to watch it.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I just started a Better Off Ted rewatch. Goddamn I forgot how good that show was. Portia De Rossi is just killing it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Josh Lyman posted:

If the internet represents the will of the people, then clearly cats > dogs :colbert:

Cats and dogs are equally awesome and to play into this false division is to be complicit in the birb 1% pitting us against each other for their own nefarious purposes.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

ACS: Versace was really good and I hope it maintains throughout the next eight episodes. Darren Criss does a really good deranged psychopath

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

The last season of American Crime Story was loving stellar and you all need to watch it.

Yo for real. Murphy is only a director/producer on ACS, he isn’t part of the writing team for either season. And People vs OJ was all the better for it.

In fact I don’t think he wrote on Feud either and that’s the other best thing he’s ever been involved with

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Jesus what a loving ego. It's one thing to push back against criticism, but yelling about how young and hip you are and nobody cool would ever bother listening to your critic makes it really hard for people to take you seriously.

It's not enough that the whole Aziz Ansair thing is polarizing as gently caress, but even the author herself is now stepping into it and making it worse when any competent journalist or PR rep would say "Don't loving do this, just say you stand by everything in the article".

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

pentyne posted:

Jesus what a loving ego. It's one thing to push back against criticism, but yelling about how young and hip you are and nobody cool would ever bother listening to your critic makes it really hard for people to take you seriously.

It's not enough that the whole Aziz Ansair thing is polarizing as gently caress, but even the author herself is now stepping into it and making it worse when any competent journalist or PR rep would say "Don't loving do this, just say you stand by everything in the article".

It seriously reads like how Trump tweets.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm 22 and I rule OLD LADY

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Josh Lyman posted:

If the internet represents the will of the people, then clearly cats > dogs :colbert:

We had a Splatfest about this 2 1/2 years ago. Dogs won.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Who wears burgundy lipstick? It's not 2016 any more, granma! :smug:

Why the gently caress do you have to go and blow up every step you've made like that?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

raditts posted:

We had a Splatfest about this 2 1/2 years ago. Dogs won.

It turns out that more people are becoming aware of the sinister machinations of Big Dog

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

pentyne posted:

It's not enough that the whole Aziz Ansair thing is polarizing as gently caress

It really shouldn't be though

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was happy just not being much of a dog person but not having any kind of specific dislike of them

Then all this “OMG LOOK AT THE DOGGO WHAT A GOOD BOY” poo poo started

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Escobarbarian posted:

I was happy just not being much of a dog person but not having any kind of specific dislike of them

Then all this “OMG LOOK AT THE DOGGO WHAT A GOOD BOY” poo poo started

Why was this what bothers you and not the decade+ of billions of variations on "i can haz cheezburger" and "kitteh" and other related cat memes

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was able to ignore those memes more because they didn’t show up on my twitter timeline constantly like the doggo stuff does

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

raditts posted:

Why was this what bothers you and not the decade+ of billions of variations on "i can haz cheezburger" and "kitteh" and other related cat memes

The dogs aren't even doing anything entertaining, they have a stick and it's apparently a big loving deal. People are coming around to realize that dogs suck, so Big Dog is spewing propaganda as hard as it can to convince people that dogs are good.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

The dogs aren't even doing anything entertaining, they have a stick and it's apparently a big loving deal. People are coming around to realize that dogs suck, so Big Dog is spewing propaganda as hard as it can to convince people that dogs are good.

have you considered that dogs are in fact good and it is you who is dumb and wrong

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

raditts posted:

have you considered that dogs are in fact good and it is you who is dumb and wrong

Nope, because I'm not in the pocket of Big Dog

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Iron Crowned posted:

Nope, because I'm not in the pocket of Big Dog

But are you in the pocket of The Big Dog?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Escobarbarian posted:

I was able to ignore those memes more because they didn’t show up on my twitter timeline constantly like the doggo stuff does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccgkxP-4tVE

raditts posted:

Iron Crowned being wrong is like the sun rising in the east.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I have no idea what is going on with this letter, but she sounds like a goddamn loon.

Why is she so furious?

Also, thanks thread. I didn’t realize ACS was back. Is it mostly centered on Andrew Cunnanan leading up to his killing spree and murder of Versace?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

Iron Crowned being wrong is like the sun rising in the east.

You just wait, one of these days, you'll discover that I have been right the whole time.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Did someone say dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvTrCTc5HP4

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/954055047184355328

quote:

The new series would feature an immigration twist and would follow the Buendias siblings, whose parents are unexpectedly deported to Mexico.

I don't see why it has to be a Party of Five reboot, just make that concept and it can be its own thing.

Also from that article:

quote:

In addition, Freeform is also developing a series based on the legendary Egyptian ruler Cleopatra, who, after being exiled as a young woman, decides to stand up against the patriarchy and fight back for her freedom and rightful place as heir. This tale will follow her rise and transition to becoming not only the first, last, and only female Pharaoh, but also the world’s most powerful person all while engaging in a classic love triangle that changed the map of the world forever.

Pretty sure there was another guy around at the time that might dispute that most powerful person in the world epithet.

zoux fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 18, 2018

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LadyPictureShow posted:

Also, thanks thread. I didn’t realize ACS was back. Is it mostly centered on Andrew Cunnanan leading up to his killing spree and murder of Versace?

All the reviews say so, yeah. Except it jumps around in the timeline a bit. I think it starts after the Versace murder and then goes back to cover the rest.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Babe.net handled this almost as bad as Aziz Ansari handled that date.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

Pretty sure there was another guy around at the time that might dispute that most powerful person in the world epithet.

Also...who was Hatshepsut!? But, seriously, who was Sobekneferu?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Popelmon posted:

I just started a Better Off Ted rewatch. Goddamn I forgot how good that show was. Portia De Rossi is just killing it.

Is it streaming anywhere? I was really disappointed when it left Netflix.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm gonna ask a question about MOVIES so beware, but I saw Blade Runner 2049 recently so that's three Villenueve movies in a row that I've been very impressed by. How are Enemy and Prisoners?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Escobarbarian posted:

All the reviews say so, yeah. Except it jumps around in the timeline a bit. I think it starts after the Versace murder and then goes back to cover the rest.

Oh, word. I hadn’t looked at any reviews since I didn’t realize it was already back. I was pretty jazzed when I saw the cast listing a few months back.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

zoux posted:

I'm gonna ask a question about MOVIES so beware, but I saw Blade Runner 2049 recently so that's three Villenueve movies in a row that I've been very impressed by. How are Enemy and Prisoners?

Enemy is interesting; Prisoners is outstanding. Jake G. is fantastic in both of them.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

spudsbuckley posted:

The first season was good but the second was indeed awful and the show is probably better off being done.

never got around to the second season. It was that bad? The first was so good.

Chad man.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

I have no idea what is going on with this letter, but she sounds like a goddamn loon.

Why is she so furious?

Some news host went after a woman recounting an awful sexual experience that can be seen as sexual assault for complaing about it, the 22 year old here is the woman who reported the story.

The reporter went overboard with her response, but I agree with her whole heartedly. That takedown by the host was deplorable.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Shageletic posted:

Some news host went after a woman recounting an awful sexual experience that can be seen as sexual assault for complaing about it, the 22 year old here is the woman who reported the story.

The reporter went overboard with her response, but I agree with her whole heartedly. That takedown by the host was deplorable.

Ahhhhh, gotcha. Didn’t realize a news host was ripping into the woman that came forward. Reading that, I misunderstood and thought they were asking for an on-air interview with the reporter and had maybe said something negative about the accuser in an email. I’m probably just dumb and bad at reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

In fairness HLN is a really garbage news channel.