Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Fallows posted:

That says u can dump untreated waste as long as youre 12 m iles out

Whales do it all the time why can't my Carnival cruise ship?

edit:

something about Lowtax's new offshore datacenter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Fallows posted:

That says u can dump untreated waste as long as youre 12 m iles out

Where? That page I linked only had federal regulation (less than 12 miles out), and also there was no where that said untreated sewage was acceptable.

12 miles out would fall under International Maritime Law.

MutantBlue
Jun 8, 2001

MutantBlue posted:

I have fond memories of the Cold War.

Detective Thompson posted:

Did you also get to carry a Smith & Wesson with staghorn grips in a cross-draw holster?

We were qualified with .38 caliber revolvers and carried them whenever someone other than the crew or a security detail was on site. Sorry, no staghorn, cross-draw, or shoulder holsters.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dave Grool posted:

I lived on one the most expensive, well-funded and maintained ships the navy has and poo poo was still constantly broken. It was just a lot of really expensive broken poo poo

e: OSHA wise, the clothes dryer cost like $80k and would immediately catch on fire if the lint trap wasn't cleaned out after like 2 loads

Were you all raised in barns? You clean the lint trap EVERY LOAD no exceptions. If your boat burns down due to lint trap mismanagement your mothers are going to be so disappointed in you all.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

Were you all raised in barns? You clean the lint trap EVERY LOAD no exceptions. If your boat burns down due to lint trap mismanagement your mothers are going to be so disappointed in you all.

They'll probably also be wearing raggedy underwear just to make their mom's shame complete.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ExecuDork posted:

This is for ships above a certain size, right? Pissing off the side of your 29-foot sailboat is still legal everywhere, isn't it?

You can strip down jump in the water and do whatever you want while swimming. Ain't no rules against swimmers pooping in the water.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I am willing to be no one in the navy knows how to do their laundry without someone from another branch showing them what buttons to push.

BOOOOOOM HEADSHOT

But yeah seriously, you clean the loving trap before you pull your clothes out you loving animals.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Holy gently caress this. Someone in my apartment building isn't cleaning out the lint trap and every time I use the drier it's absolutely full of someone else's lint. It takes like 7 seconds do and should be auto-pilot the last step you do when doing your laundry. I don't even want to confront this person or leave a passive aggressive note because I can't even fathom of a human brain so absolutely broken, so alien to what most people would think of as a sapient being, as to not clear out the lint trap after they're done.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Baronjutter posted:

Holy gently caress this. Someone in my apartment building isn't cleaning out the lint trap and every time I use the drier it's absolutely full of someone else's lint. It takes like 7 seconds do and should be auto-pilot the last step you do when doing your laundry. I don't even want to confront this person or leave a passive aggressive note because I can't even fathom of a human brain so absolutely broken, so alien to what most people would think of as a sapient being, as to not clear out the lint trap after they're done.
I actually maintain it should be the first step, not the last, which means I'm cool cleaning somebody else's lint as they'll be cleaning mine. Reason being, I gotta pull the trap out anyway to make sure the person before me did it. Might as well just set up a system that doesn't require me to pull the trap out twice every time.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Trap sprung :smuggo:

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Slugworth posted:

I actually maintain it should be the first step, not the last, which means I'm cool cleaning somebody else's lint as they'll be cleaning mine. Reason being, I gotta pull the trap out anyway to make sure the person before me did it. Might as well just set up a system that doesn't require me to pull the trap out twice every time.

This is what I would do if other assholes are not cleaning it on shared systems, good thing I am a Civilizes First World Person and have laundry in my apartment.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What’s a lint trap?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

sandoz posted:

this is for any volume of sewage, for any vessel of any size

There's a "vessel of any size" joke here, but I'm under-caffeinated and don't have the wherewithal to push it to completion.

But seriously, clean your loving lint traps. I'm still training my boyfriend on this. He left wet clothes in the washer overnight, then tried to dry them with a full lint trap. (He's going to kill us some day, I swear, between this and forgetting to put poo poo back in the fridge.) I'm running them thru the washer again because we live in a coastal loving rainforest and mildew is A Thing. For once, I miss living in the high desert.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

veiled boner fuel posted:

What’s a lint trap?

*twitch*

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

What’s a lint trap?

The best place to acquire fire starting materials!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
It's also referring to "boats with installed toilets."

So far as I can see, it's not illegal to pee off your boat.

It is illegal to pee into an empty water bottle, and then dump the contents of that water bottle into the ocean.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Slugworth posted:

Sounds like a good system but what about when the person before you washed like, 6 kittens?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Phanatic posted:

It's also referring to "boats with installed toilets."

So far as I can see, it's not illegal to pee off your boat.

It is illegal to pee into an empty water bottle, and then dump the contents of that water bottle into the ocean.

What is a man but an empty bottle that fills and empties of piss?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

What’s a lint trap?

your navel

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
At one point I had to train my housemates to clean the lint trap every time that they used the clothes dryer, and then I had to train them to throw the lint in the bin rather than just cram it on a shelf or behind the detergent bottles or whatever cranny was in reach in the laundry.

Partly because it was loving lazy, partly because the gas hot water service was in the same room and it's probably a bad idea to have handfuls of lint getting blown about by every breeze and falling into the pilot light.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Well obviously that's for motorcycles

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
We got our dryer recalled & replaced by the manufacturer last year because they designed the lint trap in such a way that it didn't trap lint. Queue a number of house fires across the country.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

And the average motorcyclist is gonna need it sooner or later.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

If it were the other way it would fit a motorcycle with a sidecar pretty perfectly

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nah I don't think one of those would fit either

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

wheelchair lift sidecar

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Nah I don't think one of those would fit either

Why even get out, just drive that thing everywhere you go.

Retrofit your house so it can fit into the kitchen.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Just this kind?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
How can we make noted death machine, the motorcycle, more dangerous?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Azhais posted:

The best place to acquire fire starting materials!

Take the lint and stuff a bunch of it in an empty toilet paper tube. Now they're free fire starters for camping!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Slugworth posted:

hooo man. When I was still working for the hotel, the regional engineer came down to check on our chief engineer to see how he was doing after his first 30 days or so. I legit thought a vein in his forehead was gonna let go and spray like a runaway firehose when he learned that the lint had not been cleared from beneath the three monstrous dryers (all of which had basketballs of lint below) or the compressor room behind them (in which everything had grown a 2-inch beard or so of lint). He congratulated the chief on narrowly avoiding 120+ counts of negligent manslaughter for so long.

As for myself, it gives me real pleasure to hook my shopvac up to the outside dryer vent every 6 months or so. Oh the multicolored treasures that come out.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

That's some TCC level poo poo right there.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Fishing is dangerous enough without bringing grenades into the equation:

NMS: https://www.facebook.com/TwistedMedic911/videos/993278314156252/?hc_ref=ARRkFCK85KD8rtC71Oi8ZfOk6fCV0YjaqLMyZxI6UVmAjH0Df7_WHZsbufaKXMPvuq4

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

hooo man. When I was still working for the hotel, the regional engineer came down to check on our chief engineer to see how he was doing after his first 30 days or so. I legit thought a vein in his forehead was gonna let go and spray like a runaway firehose when he learned that the lint had not been cleared from beneath the three monstrous dryers (all of which had basketballs of lint below) or the compressor room behind them (in which everything had grown a 2-inch beard or so of lint). He congratulated the chief on narrowly avoiding 120+ counts of negligent manslaughter for so long.

As for myself, it gives me real pleasure to hook my shopvac up to the outside dryer vent every 6 months or so. Oh the multicolored treasures that come out.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Seems like a weak grenade

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Proteus Jones posted:

Where? That page I linked only had federal regulation (less than 12 miles out), and also there was no where that said untreated sewage was acceptable.

12 miles out would fall under International Maritime Law.

Youre right i dunno what i read when i posted that lol

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

How can we make noted death machine, the motorcycle, more dangerous?

The guy who made this saw it in an anime and thought 'that looks like a good idea!'
True story.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I wonder if we'll ever have self-driving motorcycles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FuturePastNow posted:

I wonder if we'll ever have self-driving motorcycles.

Oh we've already got those, the question we need to ask now is: I wonder if we'll ever be able to stop self-driving motorcycles.

https://i.imgur.com/tYys0.gifv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H-jTPX2oh8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNbOh0N3BSs

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 19, 2018