Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

rabidsquid posted:

pick tristana or vayne (or kog maw!!!) and do the dumb overheal relic shield build until they kill relic shield, then watch as some other new and stupid thing turns bot lane into 2-4 playable characters.

Miss fortune is a thing rn too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

gowb posted:

Double relic shield meta actually owns bc you can do ridiculous poo poo like nami/Leona bot lane and win extremely hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HkH-tEajSg

I'm pretty sure laning against this would make me quit the loving game.

Somebody please do this duo with me.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Monathin posted:

I'm basically going to not touch ranked until next patch after having done my placements because I want Double Relic Meta to die in a loving hole

Yeah, it loving blows. Hoping the Relic changes combined with Final Hour getting kicked in the rear end will finally boot Vayne out of the meta so I can go back to banning Janna or Zoe every game instead.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Q max rakan right now is so loving fun I hope they don't change poo poo. Bot lane is the healthiest it's ever been and I hope they balance traditional "support" items to accommodate ADC and support.

I like that some ADCs take targons, but I want to live in a world where Caitlyn AND Lulu take spellthief's edge as well.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
No.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

I'm pretty sure laning against this would make me quit the loving game.

Somebody please do this duo with me.

Someone please give me the explicit rune/item/skill build for this because it is extremely my poo poo and I have no time to watch super long YouTube videos.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Meet me at the docks b**ch

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Camel Camus posted:

Bot lane is the healthiest it's ever been and I hope they balance traditional "support" items to accommodate ADC and support.

wtf

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Aerox posted:

Someone please give me the explicit rune/item/skill build for this because it is extremely my poo poo and I have no time to watch super long YouTube videos.

Not sure about Nami runes but

Leona takes aftershock, whatever, they both take precision as secondary and get overheal / coup
Both start relic, pots
Leona builds like she normally would and Nami builds ap, skills are as normal. They both start Q then max W-E-Q, I think. The basic combo is for Leona to E in, Q, Nami bubbles right after and they kill that person
It's really fun and really effective, my friend (who is a plat Nami) and I are something like 5 for 5 with this gimmick in ranked flex

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Camel Camus posted:

Bot lane is the healthiest it's ever been

Nope. To paraphrase my man William "Scarra" Lee: you know the meta's in a bad spot whenever Vayne creeps back into it.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Vayne being meta during tank metas is fine but if you can first pick/blind pick her without expecting to get poo poo on then she's way too strong. I think her pick rate and win rate stats bear this out at the moment.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
The point of botlane is to have someone who can safely farm and scale. Running 2 supports doesn't seem like a recipe for success.

moush fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 18, 2018

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

moush posted:

The point of botlane is to have someone who can safely farm and scale. Running 2 supports doesn't not seem like a recipe for success.

I thought the point of botlane is to punish the enemy lane and make them hate life and start blaming each other for why they're losing.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
the point of botlane is to give the jungler something to do

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

gowb posted:

Not sure about Nami runes but

Leona takes aftershock, whatever, they both take precision as secondary and get overheal / coup
Both start relic, pots
Leona builds like she normally would and Nami builds ap, skills are as normal. They both start Q then max W-E-Q, I think. The basic combo is for Leona to E in, Q, Nami bubbles right after and they kill that person
It's really fun and really effective, my friend (who is a plat Nami) and I are something like 5 for 5 with this gimmick in ranked flex

In the video Leona maxes Q first but I feel like you could go either way.

E: Here are the profiles for the people in the video:

http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=youtuberella
http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=angelmelly

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
The point of botlane is to get a few early kills causing the other lanes to tilt horizontally because they're tired of having feeder bot lanes.

(I kid, but it's way more true than it deserves to be)

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 18, 2018

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

moush posted:

The point of botlane is to have someone who can safely farm and scale. Running 2 supports doesn't not seem like a recipe for success.

If you're a duo that knows how to actually convert a gold lead in the depths of the MMR mines, you can make it work. At higher MMRs, the enemy duo's going to choose to not play into it, soak up farm at tower, and then run you over during teamfights once their ADC hits two items.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

moush posted:

Running anti-carry kill or pressure lanes bot to take a carry out of the game has been a thing before (including as one of the few times Oldgot saw a use, briefly). It's not something you can do mindlessly without planning and trust though, and there's always the factor of "I could have picked Draven or MF and bullied just as hard".

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

The tendancy of lower elo players to have something like riven top trynd jungle and zed mid makes the Nami/Leona botlane more reliable hah

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
im ready to yell angrily about the swain vgu what about yall

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Swain will be the dark souls of league of legends champions

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Swain will be the PubG of league of legends

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
There's no way new Swain won't be an overall improvement over old Swain, his new voice actor is miles ahead of the old one already and the VGU team has knocked every update I can recall out of the park.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Firebert posted:

There's no way new Swain won't be an overall improvement over old Swain, his new voice actor is miles ahead of the old one already and the VGU team has knocked every update I can recall out of the park.

My
Bird
Is
Hungry!!!!!

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Firebert posted:

Urgot is still kind of meh

Everything else owns though

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I can't wait to go mid as new Swain and get my rear end handed to me by the same four braindead mages that always have and always will

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Shaking my head at the people itt who don't realize ADC is the true and good role for handsome people with impressive sexual characteristics

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
A more serious post: what is the job of mid and what kind of characters do you want in mid? It's the only lane I've never really gotten a grasp of the basics of

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

A more serious post: what is the job of mid and what kind of characters do you want in mid? It's the only lane I've never really gotten a grasp of the basics of

I am not a mid, but my perspective from outside it is their job is to either kill their laner and roam, or shove their lane and roam.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Shaking my head at the people itt who don't realize ADC is the true and good role for handsome people with impressive sexual characteristics

Riot tried to rename it Marksman and everyone was like "no bro this is the role for carrying, get that weak stuff out of here"

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Dragongem posted:

Riot tried to rename it Marksman and everyone was like "no bro this is the role for carrying, get that weak stuff out of here"

It doesn't help that they put an item in that basically turns off sustained magic damage soooo

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Off tank

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
New Swain wearing an overcoat as a cape like an anime villain, I’m ready, give it to me.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a Garen to rage quit 6 minutes into the game as Teemo yesterday and I feel really proud of it

is there something wrong with me

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Shove lane and roam or dominate your lane to pressure tower and draw jungle attention. If you aren't trying to impact the map as a midlaner you are loving up.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Asema posted:

I got a Garen to rage quit 6 minutes into the game as Teemo yesterday and I feel really proud of it

is there something wrong with me

Tilting your lane opponent so hard they ragequit is a perfectly legit way to win a game. See: every jungler who knows to camp the Yasuo until he either ragequits or starts inting.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Waveclear and map control. You have the most leeway out of any role - including the jungler - to influence the side lanes, either by suppressing the enemy midlaner via constantly shoving them in or by roaming to sidelanes to look for kills yourself. In siege situations, it's usually you and the ADC's job to clear waves to prevent them from pushing onto turret.

My personal preference is for any of the traditional AP mages like Syndra, Taliyah, Orianna, Lux, or Ziggs, since they bring CC and zone control in addition to waveclear. Assassins are okay, but they, and the people who play them, tend to be very feast-or-famine, which can lead to games that feel completely unwinnable if the enemy team has an AP control mage and you've got a Zed who's three kills behind.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Firebert posted:

Shove lane and roam or dominate your lane to pressure tower and draw jungle attention. If you aren't trying to impact the map as a midlaner you are loving up.

And this is why I'll never play mid

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Looks like there's a really good champ sale for the start of the new season, all half off with either RP or !!!BE!!!, 70% off (RP) as a bundle:

Zed, Sejuani, Shyvana, Riven, Leona, Vayne, Lux, Blitzcrank, Ezreal, Galio, Gangplank, Janna, Malphite, Miss Fortune, Morgana, Nasus, Rammus, Tristana, Veigar, Xin Zhao

For all the new players, pretty much every champ is either fun to play or currently in meta (or both)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

Vayne being meta during tank metas is fine but if you can first pick/blind pick her without expecting to get poo poo on then she's way too strong. I think her pick rate and win rate stats bear this out at the moment.

I feel part of the problem is they overnerfed caitlyn to the point she is by far the weakest adc, without the presence of a early game bully vayne can just coast through laning and then outscale everyone.
Going by the numbers, caits sitting at a 46% winrate overall and vayne is actually her biggest counter since she chases her down and outdamages too easily.

I also feel like the recent buff to Final hour to extend the duration by 3 seconds on any kill or assist was too much, vayne is bullshit tier when she is constantly tumble stealthing and making people have to retarget her, which can result in either clicking the ground and mispositioning by mistake and giving vayne that 0.5 of a second delay to react to her reappearing, all the while making her invulnerable to autoattacks before she appears and just hoping your team has enough champs with untargeted AOE's to drop on where you guess she is.

Vayne and Twitch are both in my bullshit tier of ADCS, both abuse stealth and both are some of the strongest right now.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 18, 2018