Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I mean just check out these babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I don't even know how you can get out of bed in the morning if you can't be JACKED TO THE TITS about a response to a motion to dismiss.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Let's rub to the constant jacked nature of cig's horrible management!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I'm Jacked to the moons

I wanted my phone to do moobs but it auto corrected to -moons

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

I agree with this and I’m not entirely sure what we’re disagreeing about, although it’s funny to be this far into the weeds debating our nuanced takes on the enduring impact of political chaos at CIG on one fan/streamer.

I think it's just a very minor difference between us. I think as the leader of an organisation called "Addicts Anonymous" with the tag line "Rehab is not an option!", with all the advantages she's had to find out the truth and with what I'd consider a reasonable responsibility to look after her membership, it's a complete failure on her part to act as she should have. Making money from the Citizens is bad enough via views etc, but I remember one fundraiser for camera equipment, I'm sure there were more, all while soft balling questions to CIG as part of their marketing machine.

It's of no surprise to me that's she's really pissed her interviews with :lesnick: have been binned. I guess I just think she's smarter than you do and I really don't think anyone who's spoken in private to Wingman and Morlan back in 2014 could still believe the dream in 2017. However that's probably touching on quirks of my nature as I've been attempting to inform people here since late 2013 of my concerns and spent more than a sane amount of time providing links to evidence etc, something she's being doing the exact opposite of.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Brutal takedown by another game dev, love it. And he/she is 100% right. I wonder what happens when a shitizen sees stuff like this?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

The Idris is not, and will never be, in the MMO portion of the game. It's dependent on NPC's and multi-crew and ship-inside-a-ship physics and doors and a dozen other systems that they will never ever get working. At best they will put it in the hangar at some point, in non-interactive form.

I used to think that the Idris would be the straw that broke the whale's back. $1000 for a ship and five years later it's still not playable? Surely nobody is going to tolerate that. But the Citizens do, they tolerate it all.

The Idris has to be in the game. People paid for it, the game is wholly dependent on giant fuckoff ships to sell, and if they can't make the Idris work then LOL Javelin owners.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Thread patch notes:

- Jacking values adjusted in relation to tits to bring it more in line with recent thread changes
- Rubbing is now a player resource and no longer an activated skill.
- Moobs

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Im naturally jacked to the tits, but its also because its another big roadblock that citizens have erected in the defense of their favorite hobby, spending money on broken nostalgia while trying to salvage the broken glass and blood everywhere.

I'm also riding the crystal pony in anticipation.

Lladre posted:

I'm jacked to the tits.

I'm jacked to your tits.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The Idris will be implemented - as a static model you can walk around, and they're trying to get an fps match option for it. This is supposed to happen some time later this summer, as a "first step" towards getting it in the PU (which they have no idea how to do with anything more than a single player loaded in)

Also they're totally gonna sell (and then never work on) mechs.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The Idris has to be in the game. People paid for it, the game is wholly dependent on giant fuckoff ships to sell, and if they can't make the Idris work then LOL Javelin owners.

Same, but caterpillar.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The closest in-game equivalent is the Starfarer. Enormous ship, costs hundreds of real life dollars, designed for a crew of 6 to perform in-flight refueling. In-game, there is never a reason to have more than one person on board because none of the systems work. The turrets all require people to man them and are basically useless. The "in flight fueling" mechanics do not work and show no signs of ever having been worked on. You can sometimes manage to wedge a spaceship or vehicle in the back access ramp but nine times out of ten it will jitter and explode. The ship is pointlessly large, full of cafeterias and captain's quarters and armories that do absolutely nothing except make it difficult to navigate. It can carry cargo, but so can about 100 other ships that don't require a second mortgage.

More importantly, since it came out nobody has really given a poo poo. You don't see people organizing group play around it, because it's pointless and un-fun. You barely ever saw them spawned in the PTU when I was playing. I don't know but suspect that the sales on the ship have taken an enormous dive too. How can you get enthusiastic about *dreams* when you can see the reality and it's a big stupid un-usable asset that cost 10 times as much as a full price game?

Now take every issue I just listed, double the price of the ship, and set the *dreams* level about 100x higher due to it constantly featuring in promo videos for five years, and you have the Idris. They will never, ever release it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Raskolnikov posted:

I'm Jacked to the moons

clearly you need to send more text messages about moobs.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
A mech wouldn't stand a chance against a well trained group of pole vaulting commandos leaping over it in their underpants

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Beet Wagon posted:

Indeed they did, friend

I wouldn't be surprised to see them sell a legit "battlemech" though. I could see CIG doing something on the bigger side of the power armor spectrum to compare with their big stupid loving tank. Probably aren't gonna see any 100 ton assault mechs roaming around but I could totally see them offering a mech big enough to have a legit cockpit, if someone puts the MW5 videos in front of Chris.

I just realized what this reminds me of

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

big nipples big life posted:

clearly you need to send more text messages about moobs.

I try to keep moon development to a minimum.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

LOL Oh, commando! Can you show me where Chris Robots promised us that the Idris would be in the game? And really, how do you define "the game?" Do you mean the game that is in ALPHA? Heh, perhaps you don't understand game development and also that CIG don't owe us anything.

They ain't gotta do poo poo, man, except hide the dosh.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Raskolnikov posted:

I try to keep moon development to a minimum.

It did it again.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

Indeed they did, friend

I wouldn't be surprised to see them sell a legit "battlemech" though. I could see CIG doing something on the bigger side of the power armor spectrum to compare with their big stupid loving tank. Probably aren't gonna see any 100 ton assault mechs roaming around but I could totally see them offering a mech big enough to have a legit cockpit, if someone puts the MW5 videos in front of Chris.

They're selling:
giftcards
clothing
mugs
mousepads
ships
land
club memberships
paintjobs
models

Why the hell not robot suits? I predict some type of FPS package that gives you some guns/gear.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Thoatse posted:

I just realized what this reminds me of

Maximilian, the evil robot from Disney's 'The Black Hole'. I loving loved that robot. The kit came with working arms.

spacetoaster posted:

They're selling:

No weed gummies?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/954063127481483264

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hav posted:

Maximilian, the evil robot from Disney's 'The Black Hole'. I loving loved that robot. The kit came with working arms.

No weed gummies?

Sure.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Good, she bought the mouse that breaks really easily.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/954088304621756416

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Xaerael posted:

Good, she bought the mouse that breaks really easily.

I bought a set of special screwdrivers from amazon and fixed mine with part of a q-tip, was dead proud of myself. Scroll wheel had lost friction.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

The closest in-game equivalent is the Starfarer. Enormous ship, costs hundreds of real life dollars, designed for a crew of 6 to perform in-flight refueling. In-game, there is never a reason to have more than one person on board because none of the systems work. The turrets all require people to man them and are basically useless. The "in flight fueling" mechanics do not work and show no signs of ever having been worked on. You can sometimes manage to wedge a spaceship or vehicle in the back access ramp but nine times out of ten it will jitter and explode. The ship is pointlessly large, full of cafeterias and captain's quarters and armories that do absolutely nothing except make it difficult to navigate. It can carry cargo, but so can about 100 other ships that don't require a second mortgage.

More importantly, since it came out nobody has really given a poo poo. You don't see people organizing group play around it, because it's pointless and un-fun. You barely ever saw them spawned in the PTU when I was playing. I don't know but suspect that the sales on the ship have taken an enormous dive too. How can you get enthusiastic about *dreams* when you can see the reality and it's a big stupid un-usable asset that cost 10 times as much as a full price game?

Now take every issue I just listed, double the price of the ship, and set the *dreams* level about 100x higher due to it constantly featuring in promo videos for five years, and you have the Idris. They will never, ever release it.

I should add the caveat of "if there is a game". If CIG releases a MVP, and it doesn't include ships people have paid for, then CIG didn't release a game. Since neither of us actually think CIG will implement the Idris, there will be no game.

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

LOL Oh, commando! Can you show me where Chris Robots promised us that the Idris would be in the game? And really, how do you define "the game?" Do you mean the game that is in ALPHA? Heh, perhaps you don't understand game development and also that CIG don't owe us anything.

They ain't gotta do poo poo, man, except hide the dosh.

Given what Chris likes to drive I suspect they're about as good at hiding their finances as they are at implementing gameplay.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If the ships were a gift and not a purchase then the whale who bought one donated some money really has no recourse when CIG says "yeah the big ships didn't really work so we had to drop them".

Well played best marketer in the world and hardcore pc gamer since you were a little girl.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hav posted:

I do too. I also liked the design of the ship with the whole Event Horizon/Dead Space feel going on at the time.

Supposedly a darker sequel has been written but it is stuffed in a desk drawer somewhere and will probably never see the light of day due to Disney and Star Wars.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Quavers posted:

Lambda taxxe:

It also has AI that worked, and :lol: that the Anomalous Materials lab tour is still 100x more atmospheric and immersive than anything CIG have put out

Lamda Lamda Lamda taxxe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL_zyy2NRws

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Raskolnikov posted:

I'm Jacked to the moons

My phone auto corrects to ducks and I just don't have it in me to tell it otherwise.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paZYtrgaouw

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

I think it's just a very minor difference between us. I think as the leader of an organisation called "Addicts Anonymous" with the tag line "Rehab is not an option!", with all the advantages she's had to find out the truth and with what I'd consider a reasonable responsibility to look after her membership, it's a complete failure on her part to act as she should have. Making money from the Citizens is bad enough via views etc, but I remember one fundraiser for camera equipment, I'm sure there were more, all while soft balling questions to CIG as part of their marketing machine.

It's of no surprise to me that's she's really pissed her interviews with :lesnick: have been binned. I guess I just think she's smarter than you do and I really don't think anyone who's spoken in private to Wingman and Morlan back in 2014 could still believe the dream in 2017. However that's probably touching on quirks of my nature as I've been attempting to inform people here since late 2013 of my concerns and spent more than a sane amount of time providing links to evidence etc, something she's being doing the exact opposite of.

Oh okay now I see where you’re coming from.

1) SCAA - I hadn’t really thought too much about her org and whatever responsibilities she might have to that. It barely seems real to me. But that’s a valid point.

2) MOTIVE/INTELLIGENCE - Here too, I’ll admit I’ve not given much thought to the possibility that a highly calculating alternative version of Batgirl might exist. One who takes as given the project is doomed yet benefits from pretending otherwise and cranking out material reinforcing the same. Perhaps that’s possible.

It’s my belief is that we all have GPUs of varying processing power upon which we render our delusions. Even the reasonable person experiences an Augmented Reality version as they look out from behind their eyeballs at the world around them, little delusions popping up here and there and distorting their understanding of the world and people and events moving around them.

In the case of Batgirl, I assume she’s got 1080TIs running with the SLI bridge and creating a fully immersive Virtual Reality experience all around her. I think the same is true of Chris Roberts. It’s not so much a question of raw intelligence because reasonable objectivity can be found in the simple-minded just as brilliant minds can construct convincing delusions and be held prison in them. Whatever her intelligence levels, I assume she’s got a high capacity to delude herself and that she prefers that. To varying extents, we all do.

I mean, I like to believe myself a reasonable and objective person and yet here I am in a multi-volley psychological assessment of a minor personality with a parasitic attachment to a major catastrophe. It’s crazy, really, yet here I am writing about objectivity even as the little OCD arcana nerd in my head is running around yelling, “Hold on, hold on — there’s that, that, that Batgirl / Wingman interview from back then where he talks about...”

It’s nuts, really.

Anyway I now understand where we differ on this point. We nuanced lunatics.

This is going to revolutionize the way she doesn’t play games.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 18, 2018

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

The Origin of Spaceships: usually planets

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Time for another totally real DOOM session that totally happened guys!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

Anyway I know understand where we differ on this point. We nuanced lunatics.

Yeah, I'm just killing time till I get to laugh at Ortwin tomorrow.*

*Hopefully.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Toops posted:

Why is everyone getting so jacked up about what will surely be boring legalese that doesn't really change anything?

We can't all get a hard-on over someone using the wrong brackets in an xml file, or whatever you programming dorks were talking about.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I'm calling that sometime in the next 48 hours there will be movements.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dusty Lens posted:

I'm calling that sometime in the next 48 hours there will be movements.

I have irritable bowel syndrome, so that's pretty much a certainty.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

Yeah, I'm just killing time till I get to laugh at Ortwin tomorrow.*

*Hopefully.

I’m excited because whatever Skadden dispenses will be measured back to them tenfold in fire and fury as they get Cry-Rekt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ortwin has popped open his fridge full of doping blood to prepare for tomorrow.