Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Plasma Pink is the best universal weapon colour and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMP
May 5, 2009

Those men had families you sick gently caress

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
plasma pink owns

i want the tiny alpha pack charm before i stop opening these random beef jerkey mystery flavors. or the dice because :rolldice: is a top tier strat

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Holy poo poo, did you play with the real Ding Chavez?

i feel bad for new players keep encountering these toxic TKers in the smurf pool but lately i have been running into a lot of players that just do funny cyber operator poo poo like this and have a dumb pun/avatar combo for an operator they like.

don't recall ever seeing this many display name memes in other ubisoft games

:bisonyes:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I got the dice charm yesterday, they're pretty neat.

Equipping them on every weapon for every operator was a loving pain in the rear end though.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

:krad:

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

:eyepop:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Mira continues to be the fuckin' best thing to play.

E: Even ignoring Black Mirrors (Which are amazing if placed well and your team doesn't gently caress them up for you) she gets a great SMG, a Shotgun secondary (always handy) and a Nitro. If she had a blank Gadget she'd STILL be good.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

yeah, gameplay wise i think she is one of the coolest operators

the vector might be the overall best smg in the game. shotguns are shotguns but i've also been playing her a lot lately and using the 12L/pistol combo has become one of my favorite comedy options available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpQKzEAXBhc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPzQNcGSmPI

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Kata-Haro posted:

Plasma Pink is the best universal weapon colour and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

sound is very important in this game :ssh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUM6_HUWHuE

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Kata-Haro posted:

alright well I feel better about that then

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Kata-Haro posted:

Very first alpha pack I ever opened had that skin in it. It has been replaced in many places but will always be on my mira.

Also i am garbo today 😞

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

ZeusCannon posted:

Very first alpha pack I ever opened had that skin in it. It has been replaced in many places but will always be on my mira.

Also i am garbo today 😞

I wish I had the Plasma Pink. You can ONLY get it as an Alpha pack drop, luuuucky.

Also some days I play and I swear to god I play like i'm infirm or haven't touched the game before. Mostly it's just peeking someone and being an idiot and repeeking while they're ready tho

tokyo_vamp
Jan 17, 2015

poisoned by cowboy killers
played a lot of valkyrie today - discovered that the spas-12 can be soooo sooo good at clowning motherfuckers if they're not paying attention to you because it has a loving ridiculous range for a shotgun. literally injures from across entire rooms consistently drat!

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Thief posted:

the vector might be the overall best smg in the game.

Ela says hi.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
I've only played this a few times because my current gaming crew are too salty and it makes me sad, I mostly just watch Northernlion and his team play this on Youtube.

Need some Aussie goons to hold my handdddd

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Bang3r posted:

Add Uplay: Shockeh, I'm playing most evenings and shouting at people to join Discord.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

keyframe posted:

Ela says hi.

that and the K1A play so much like bigboy rifles that i often forget they're even SMGs

tjones
May 13, 2005
The K1A is stupid good. Its basically Jager's gun with almost no recoil.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Bang3r posted:

I've only played this a few times because my current gaming crew are too salty and it makes me sad, I mostly just watch Northernlion and his team play this on Youtube.

Jizzmaster_2015 on Uplay. You can be my wingman any time.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Man looking at that thing brings back memories of high school. If only Seige had been out during that time i would probably have done that first :sigh:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

tjones posted:

The K1A is stupid good. Its basically Jager's gun with almost no recoil.

Seconding this. Ignoring his stupid, cornercase niche usefulness of the gadget, the gun is just silly good.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

vigil is everything a jager main could ask for

the gun is nearly identical but looks and sounds cooler

the comedy option shotgun runs on hi-octane Gold III tears

no dumb loving bullshit device to deploy so that you can immediately run to the far end of the map and double cut every door/window to prep multiple spawn peeks

pure roamer's delight

tjones
May 13, 2005
I'd like to play Vigil more, but I soft anchor a lot with Jager and the ADS hits let me know to start collapsing back to site.

His ability is neat, but up against drone heavy teams he is too easy to track down and wait out the cool down to flank push him.

tokyo_vamp
Jan 17, 2015

poisoned by cowboy killers

Thief posted:

vigil is everything a jager main could ask for

the gun is nearly identical but looks and sounds cooler

aww, i like the look of jager's gun a lot. i think its one of the cooler looking guns the GSG9 have

nothing will beat IQ's baller af LMG with a vertical grip that she mounts on the side though

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

ibts posted:

nothing will beat IQ's baller af LMG with a vertical grip that she mounts on the side though

I think the idea of the grip on the side is that she can emergency reload by knocking out the empty drum with a full one. The attention to detail in this game kills me. It's so good.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
So is there any way to know which heights are fatal and which aren't? Sprinting out of a window on the slope of Kanal is A-ok but as soon as I drop from the skylight first floor on bartlett with the hostage the ground is lava and I die. :thunk: Does it depends on the map or armor of your operator?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Pretty sure it just depends on magic, welcome to siege.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
We are starting to get a bunch of aussies together to play copper tier together so please feel free to join us in the discord.

The level of dicourse is "dont be racist openly" so if you feel you can beat this very low bar play with us. Also if you "are bad" we don't care and are very happy to teach new players.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

Deltasquid posted:

So is there any way to know which heights are fatal and which aren't? Sprinting out of a window on the slope of Kanal is A-ok but as soon as I drop from the skylight first floor on bartlett with the hostage the ground is lava and I die. :thunk: Does it depends on the map or armor of your operator?

its a dice roll

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It doesn't matter where you are or how bad you are at the game. Join us on Discord and ask people to play with, there's almost always someone who wants to play.
Even if you're terrible at the game and consistently holding the gun wrong way around. we'll tell you which side the bullets come from and you'll still be better than your average pubbie.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I'm on the Aus channel most evenings, so feel free to shout at me. My entire rules for hanging are 'Try not to be a raging dickhole', so nobody cares if you're terrible at the game.

I don't know the SA Names vs UPlay vs Discord, but I'm Shockeh everywhere.

(Bonus points is occasionally one of us plays a flash of actual brilliance, and it leads to congratulations all round.)

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool
The OP said to ask here what the first few operators I should unlock are because the meta changes, so here I am, asking what operators to unlock

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Ellipson posted:

The OP said to ask here what the first few operators I should unlock are because the meta changes, so here I am, asking what operators to unlock

Who do you have?

tjones
May 13, 2005
Thatcher, rook, thermite, mute should start you off well.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I don't recommend Mute. He's not that easy to use.
Get Kapkan or Pulse or Bandit instead as your defender.

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool

Shockeh posted:

Who do you have?

Literally none of them; I blasted through the tutorials to dial in my settings and played as the base character on the co-op mission at the end.

Thanks for the suggestions!

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Ellipson posted:

This may also help, it's a few months old but it's a solid enough guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An7DgTAOy2U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

Ellipson posted:

Literally none of them; I blasted through the tutorials to dial in my settings and played as the base character on the co-op mission at the end.

Thanks for the suggestions!

unlock fuze, glaz, kapkan and tchanka and become ultimate tactical gopnik