Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Ah! So then you probably know what these freakish albinos are:

no joke, I'm actually wearing a Heid's shirt as we speak, and oh dear god could I go for a coney right now

Also can confirm, having grown up in Syracuse and lived on Long Island for 9 years, white garlic pizzas are pretty common throughout the Empire State.

Quotin' myself because I've got coneys/snappies on the brain, and just started following Hofmann's FB page. And what's the second post...?

:randpop:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Quotin' myself because I've got coneys/snappies on the brain, and just started following Hofmann's FB page. And what's the second post...?

315 fuckin' reppin'. CHICKEN RIGGIES FOR EVERYONE.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Jags are America's team. :colbert:

(:randpop:)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Randaconda posted:

The Jags are America's team. :colbert:

(:randpop:)

I'm down with that

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

315 fuckin' reppin'. CHICKEN RIGGIES FOR EVERYONE.

I'll bring the salt potatoes!

(This was the ugliest pic I could find, and still would, with extreme prejudice. And butter.)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

I'll bring the salt potatoes!

(This was the ugliest pic I could find, and still would, with extreme prejudice. And butter.)

oh my god I wish you had not reminded me because now it's all my brain can taste

Guess it's time to consider a Syracuse Crate order.

e: I :lol:ed at the HOFFMAN SUPER CRATE

ee: poo poo, I totally got kicked out of the owners' bar once. Whoops.

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 19:48 on Jan 18, 2018

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
xposting myself from the lifehack thread:

McDonald's not offering peppermint lattes anymore? No problem.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

MariusLecter posted:

xposting myself from the lifehack thread:

McDonald's not offering peppermint lattes anymore? No problem.

Or you know, don't add flavours to your coffee because it tastes just fine and doesn't need peppermint/caramel/pumpkin loving spice

Ugh. Maybe starbucks/micky d's in the states just makes a mediocre coffee (I don't know, ausposter) and it needs flavour. McDonald's here makes a reasonable coffee

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Pumpkin spice is very good.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

McSpergin posted:

Or you know, don't add flavours to your coffee because it tastes just fine and doesn't need peppermint/caramel/pumpkin loving spice

Ugh. Maybe starbucks/micky d's in the states just makes a mediocre coffee (I don't know, ausposter) and it needs flavour. McDonald's here makes a reasonable coffee

McDonald's coffee does not taste "Just fine".

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I could read an entire thread of these.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

RareAcumen posted:

I could read an entire thread of these.

PYF misleading ripoff purchases?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

mcdonald's coffee is unironically better than starbucks

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

for the period 2007-2015 or whereabouts, it was the best big brand coffee
note that this period doesn't include 2018

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

It was pretty good when it was the Newman's Own coffee. Lifehack: go to actual coffee shop instead of McDonald's.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Double lifehack: drink tea

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Arivia posted:

Double lifehack: drink tea

Now I gotta get home and take some pics of me steeping my tea with Peppermint Altoids.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/juliareinstein/status/954031988352192512

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

This. THIS is loving #pizzagate

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shark Sandwich posted:

there's gotta be a pizza law, if not a rule, on this

Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.

That said, most people generally believe it's a good faith gesture that if you make it, you've gotta eat it. Which would, assumedly, be why the scorps have been de-stingered.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

CannonFodder posted:

Hey, these are really good, the spicy version is similar to Louisiana meat pies, which are great.

Jamaican meat patties are indeed good.

RareAcumen posted:

Good to know, I tried one of the Golden Krust ones on a lark, since I was looking and realized that I probably haven't tried a meat pie before and was severely underwhelmed.

I think you have to go with an import brand, most of the ones you'd get at the supermarket are bland as hell because oh no spices. They should at least have a scotch bonnet in there somewhere.

When I was a kid, I took the subway home from school and there was a kickin-rad Carib place down in the bus transit point, and they'd always have a hot-case full of patties that had been sitting there under the heat lamp, and you got a little paper sleeve and paid the lady and went to go stand in the cold with your spicy patty while you waited for the bus. I think of diesel fuel when I eat them. :)

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

angerbeet posted:

and went to go stand in the cold with your spicy patty

this is how i want my fiance to refer to me

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

It does the trick if there's literally no other option i.e. it's 1am and you're on site managing oversize deliveries through a major transport corridor (i.e. me) - the only other option was a Caltex and I only made that mistake once.

Also idk where you're at but we have actual barista coffee in Aus McDonald's and it's reasonable. Not my first choice, but if it's the only one I'll take it. Can't stand energy drinks, they're always far too sweet.

Jmcrofts posted:

mcdonald's coffee is unironically better than starbucks

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

McSpergin posted:

Powerful post/username combo

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Having said that it's rare l actually go to McDonald's, there's an awesome roasters nearish to work that I frequent but if I'm on night shift I'm poo poo outta luck as mcd is the only place open.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Cakefarts Carol posted:

Powerful post/username combo

Ty.

I have pretty firm beliefs on things and will sperg out about them

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

You know you can get dried peppermint leaves, right?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

MariusLecter posted:

Now I gotta get home and take some pics of me steeping my tea with Peppermint Altoids.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Why not just make peppermint tea :confused: :11tea:

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Quick question for any Starbucks drinkers who've visited Australia. There are currently 35 Starbucks in the whole of Australia (15 in Sydney and 10 each in Melbourne and Brisbane) Where did you go for coffee while visiting and what did you think of the coffee on offer?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Flavoured coffee is perfectly fine. It's like flavoured chocolate. Not necessary, but definitely fun!

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
What, you don't like this scolding hot, extremely bitter beverage?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

different flavors are fun

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

von Braun posted:

What, you don't like this scolding hot, extremely bitter beverage?

I wish I knew exactly what caused coffee to be bitter, because I want to like it so badly. And I have tried everything under the sun - every manner of flavor from every manner of store, cold-brewed and hot-brewed and middling-brewed, from black to more sugar and creamer by weight than coffee, the cheapest freeze-dried powder to coffee shat out by cats and hand-gathered, hell I even tried it salted on the theory that salt reduces bitterness receptor sensitivity, and none of it worked. Coffee always has a horrific bitter aftertaste that makes me gag. If I knew what it was that gave it that taste, then I could figure out how to chemically remove it. And sure, my chemical Frankencoffee might give me all the cancer, but I could finally drink this beverage that smells so heavenly and tastes so vile.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The Snoo posted:

different flavors are fun

Not allowed. Food and drink all have extremely strict rules and you must follow them.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

Not allowed. Food and drink all have extremely strict rules and you must follow them.

including pizza? finally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

oh my god I wish you had not reminded me because now it's all my brain can taste

Guess it's time to consider a Syracuse Crate order.

e: I :lol:ed at the HOFFMAN SUPER CRATE

ee: poo poo, I totally got kicked out of the owners' bar once. Whoops.

I don't see the point of getting a Syracuse crate. Do you live somewhere that doesn't have any bland mushy food?