Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

I made the mistake of not submitting an early deadline, so we have to wait until 2 hours before for lurker rules to trigger on anyone they would.

Basically, the second it is 2 hours before deadline, feel free to cuddle. And/or, if the couple remaining slackers get their last couple posts in.

70 minutes left.

I'm not one of those slackers, am I? I know I haven't posted a ton today but haven't gone back to count my own posts :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

I'm not one of those slackers, am I? I know I haven't posted a ton today but haven't gone back to count my own posts :(

Not it!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

Who arbitrarily narrowed it down? My narrowing certainly wasn’t arbitrary

Bif wanted YPM dead, think excluding the other folks that haven't been in battle (MMT, Sal, Slaan, although slaan is probably not it) is a mistake. But I'm also an idiot who is dead in an hour, sooooooooooooooooooo :shrug:

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
it's me, and my problem is I don't have a lot to add that isn't repeating stuff I've already said. :vv:

I still think CL's the right vote today, and am still not sure why Sal is somehow getting cleared by yesterday's voting patterns.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

chaoslord posted:

Bif wanted YPM dead, think excluding the other folks that haven't been in battle (MMT, Sal, Slaan, although slaan is probably not it) is a mistake. But I'm also an idiot who is dead in an hour, sooooooooooooooooooo :shrug:

I've said this before, but this is bad logic for a few reasons. Just because she told someone to target someone, doesn't clear them. She could be keeping track of how much damage each person does and assigning less than lethal. She could know that someone had an OPG to avoid all damage that fight. She could have told her remaining adviser to actually attack someone different then she said in thread, etc.

If Bif really wanted YPM dead, he'd be dead. She would have put her own damage on him. Instead we can ascertain from the way the combat went, that the person she wanted dead the most, was Tobbs.

In terms of excluding others. Some of them will get the chance to prove themselves in today's combat.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

I've said this before, but this is bad logic for a few reasons. Just because she told someone to target someone, doesn't clear them. She could be keeping track of how much damage each person does and assigning less than lethal. She could know that someone had an OPG to avoid all damage that fight. She could have told her remaining adviser to actually attack someone different then she said in thread, etc.

If Bif really wanted YPM dead, he'd be dead. She would have put her own damage on him. Instead we can ascertain from the way the combat went, that the person she wanted dead the most, was Tobbs.

In terms of excluding others. Some of them will get the chance to prove themselves in today's combat.

Oh now you're going to let people prove themselves in combat. Coulda used that yesterday :argh:

I also said in that post that I'm an idiot :P But I still don't think it's YPM. Everyone can quote this post and laugh at me after the game if it turns out to be YPM.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

chaoslord posted:

Oh now you're going to let people prove themselves in combat. Coulda used that yesterday :argh:

I also said in that post that I'm an idiot :P But I still don't think it's YPM. Everyone can quote this post and laugh at me after the game if it turns out to be YPM.

Yeah, your claimed abilities mean I don't want you in combat regardless. :) Also, reminder, you yourself thought so as well and answered in a way that I wouldn't necessarily want to put you in.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, your claimed abilities mean I don't want you in combat regardless. :) Also, reminder, you yourself thought so as well and answered in a way that I wouldn't necessarily want to put you in.

Oh, I know. It's just funny to me how it worked out: the only battle I would really want to be in is the day before I get lynched, and the buff from being a Vaquero might have could have tipped it to a win for us. Doubtful, but maybe.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Is it just Kash who is adamant that it can’t possibly be Sal or are there others? Kash seemed to present it as the thread consensus

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I mean, I wasn't really looking at Sal, but I don't see a hard and fast reason it couldn't be.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I was buying the newbie thing until he posted that I was throwing shade at him. It was just a break from his usual posting habits, and it reaked of either paranoia or a setup. I think CL is the right move, but I’m just concerned we will go through the motions of lynching people. We will (most likely) hit the last scum, but there is a grave incentive to do so as soon as possible.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
My opinion is the only opinion that even matters YPM

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Your Personal Muse posted:

Is it just Kash who is adamant that it can’t possibly be Sal or are there others? Kash seemed to present it as the thread consensus

I don't know that anyone else had explicitly discounted sal but the way the thread discussion has gone today made me think in was a consensus decision.

If it's not, I would be more than happy to go back to beating that drum because it's the one I believe in a lot more.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

I also agree with this

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I'm not super against YPM or CL. I guess Sal would be a good lynch for tomorrow if CL flips town.

He's not posting much and is really, really wanting to get into battle. It might be because he actually has really good abilities, but just as likely it's to take the heat off of him. We wouldn't really lose anything if he goes, worst case

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tbqh I still think it’s ypm but here we are

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If it’s Sal he has definitely mastered still appearing like confused town

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
He’s had a lot of practice

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Trying a bit too hard tbh

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Sals not scum dummies

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Especially now, when we've narrowed scum down to one? remaining and half our posters are gone. It's nowhere near too much information anymore

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Can we please kill now

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

K hammer. They may have just squeaked in their posts anyway. So either way it's time.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Alright, well that's 5pm

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote chaoslord

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wait when did I unvote ##vote chaoslord

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: chaoslord :byewhore:

:beerpal: Votecount for Day 6 :beerpal:

chaoslord (8): Tobbs Gnawed, The Lord of Hats, Murmur Twin, Hal Incandenza, Truth Quark, The Lord of Hats, Gamerofthegame, Truth Quark, IllegallySober, SalTheBard, King Burgundy, Kashuno
Your Personal Muse (1): Kashuno, Slaan, Kashuno
Murmur Twin (1): chaoslord
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Slaan, Slaan

Not Voting (4): Flying Leatherman, The Lord of Hats, Truth Quark, Your Personal Muse :rubshands:

With 14 people still alive, it takes 8 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 18th, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 52 minutes.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:ghost: ¡Viva México! Also this may have been the most posts I ever did :ghost:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
No CL, you're supposed to scumclaim.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
He’s not gonna scum claim because he is Town

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Kashuno posted:

He’s not gonna scum claim because he is Town

fwiw if I were town in CL's shoes it would make me even more likely to claim scum here.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm not scum...like I'm seriously not scum. Lynching me is going to be lynching another town player.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
time to kill

slaan

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

time to kill

slaan

Yes, kill one of the last healers. This is a great idea. A+ effort

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

where flip

The hammer was almost a whole hour ago :rubshands:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

(I'm totally kidding, Pod!)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tired Moritz posted:

Youre the referee.

okay, so who killed the backrow in B2?

Lol if you didn't figure out that Keane was our queen and roflstomped you all.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Post Counts for Day 6:

:cheers: Flying Leatherman has made less than 10 posts today and is ON NOTICE! :cheers:

~~~

The Mexican camp was already feeling festive, despite Villa's best efforts to keep them focused. They'd already eliminated so many traitors, and fought the Texans to a standstill at the Alamo - sure, the war wasn't won yet, but they were surely close! All they had to do was execute this one last traitor, and it would all be over - victory was within their grasp! Viva Villa!

quote:

Other folks in Pancho Villa's gang said Shine changed their world like a bolt out of the blue. In your case, Shine's effects weren't that much of a shock to you. You'd already been charged up about its potential to begin with. And now that you've got it, the possibilities are simply electrifying!
:rip: chaoslord, aka Maricela, TOWN-aligned Shiner, was executed on Day 6! :rip:

:cheers: Day ability results are being distributed shortly in your sheets. You will only receive results if you used an ability or if something happened to you. :cheers:

~~~

BATTLEFIELD: Guerrero

quote:

Pushing back into Mexican territory, the fighting takes to the streets. The tighter quarters favor those used to urban brawls, while those who long for the open sky are at a loss.
Universal Effect: All Bruisers have +1 to their offensive abilities, while all Ranchers have -1 to their offensive abilities.

BATTLE FORMATION
pre:
		TXSG
Anidav		Bifauxnen	Tired Moritz
Drunk Nerds	Mithross	Natural20

Murmur Twin	Truth Quark	Your Personal Muse
Kashuno		Tobbs Gnawed	Flying Leatherman
		DdN
:cheers: Preliminary phase starts now. You have ~14 hours to use Preliminary abilities, until 10 AM EST tomorrow. Remember that you can only use Preliminary abilities if in the battle party, unless specifically stated otherwise. Please do not submit Battle abilities at this time. :cheers:

:siren: If you have a Preliminary ability and are NOT using it, please put a N/A in your sheet - if everyone who can submit a Preliminary action either does so or indicates they are not using one, I may be able to process early. :siren:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

am i being griefed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

lmao at space

• Locked thread