Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Holy poo poo that ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Noooooooo.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh no!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Michael :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Michaelllll

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

This show does cliffhangers well :aaaaa:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I love this forking loving show

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Zaggitz posted:

JOOOOOOOOOOOOORTLESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This one was correct:

http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/the-good-place-recap-rhonda-diana-jake-and-trent-review-spoilers-bad-place/2/

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

Jason is on fire tonight, like a Molotov cocktail.
:yeah:

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Jason has to be a Good Place plant, he's so friendly and unflappable and always has correct ideas

e: "Jianyu" earned a spot in "The Good Place" having briefly achieved transcendence, while Jason was living in a state of wu wei grace for his entire life

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 19, 2018

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
God drat this show knows how to go in places you won’t expect.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Kinda sad we only saw the bad place headquarters and they didn't have to travel through the actual torturing. Although that might be hard to show on a early evening light comedy show.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Jason has to be a Good Place plant, he's so friendly and unflappable and always has correct ideas

e: "Jianyu" earned a spot in "The Good Place" having briefly achieved transcendence, while Jason was living in a state of wu wei grace for his entire life

His go to solution to most problems was firebombing things, and he died trying to rob people. He was an affable bad dude.

e: Also, you know, EDM.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 19, 2018

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Why do I get the feeling that there might be a twist where they're being auditioned to be demons? They were way too good at fitting in there. I'm not yet ruling out some 11th dimensional fuckery by Michael here, although the scenes that were completely removed from Team Cockroach kinda make that unlikely.

fruit on the bottom posted:

In order to get in to the good place you need to do a lot of good things for selfless reasons. Tahani did a lot of good, but for selfish reasons. Chidi had the good intentions but he second guessed himself so much that he never followed through and from what we understand his actions generally had a negative impact in those around him as a result, which would have lowered his score.

Does it not follow though, that if doing good without good intentions doesn't count, then doing bad without bad intentions doesn't either.
On the other hand just repeat to yourself, it's just a show, I should really just relaaaaax

Pancakes posted:

Just want to point out that "Ultimate Frisbee" has to be called "Ultimate" in marketing materials for legal reasons. Wham-O has the word "Frisbee" trademarked. :eng101:

You'll fit right in at the bad place one day.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Mulva posted:

His go to solution to most problems was firebombing things, and he died trying to rob people people. He was an affable bad dude.

His firebomb stopped the advance of a crowd of demons who probably cram fire into various holes for breakfast; he's either working for the Good Place, working for the Bad Place, or Gandalf

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

His firebomb stopped the advance of a crowd of demons who probably cram fire into various holes for breakfast; he's either working for the Good Place, working for the Bad Place, or Gandalf

No he's just a jackass from Florida, they are pretty much *that* toxic.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
From 4 days ago:

https://twitter.com/mattufford/status/952651112057851904

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
So there's definitely going to be a rescue Michael plot in season 3, isn't there?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the last two episodes have really set the show on a roller coaster ride, in terms of the overall plot. i loved the jokes centering on bad-place inhabitants this week :)

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

Mulva posted:

His go to solution to most problems was firebombing things, and he died trying to rob people. He was an affable bad dude.

e: Also, you know, EDM.

I think everyone besides Eleanor could make a decent case that they don't belong in the bad place. For Chidi it's "good intentions," for Tahani it's "good deeds," and for Jason it's "genuinely not smart enough to know the difference between right and wrong."

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Two Inch Bee posted:

I think everyone besides Eleanor could make a decent case that they don't belong in the bad place. For Chidi it's "good intentions," for Tahani it's "good deeds," and for Jason it's "genuinely not smart enough to know the difference between right and wrong."

yeah it's kinda killer that Eleanor's reason for being there is "you aren't stupid...you know you weren't really that great overall". most people don't have the out of being rich like Tahani, or super-brain like Chidi, or lovable dumbass like Jason, and i feel like this is pretty core to the show's moral center

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

PORTALS!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think that may have been the best episode of the entire series. Trashy American Tahani was amazing.

Also the emcee guy was Jim Meskimen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao64ONUG5Uw

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

precision posted:

Trashy American Tahani was amazing.

It was like when they get British actors who play Americans to "fake" their real accent on the show, only it actually was a fake accent but it was just that good.

I loved how impressed Eleanor was with it, too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Man the ending of this episode was a heartbreaker right outta nowhere :(

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

I guess the pins aren't something that Janet could create.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Take my credit card to the hedge fund!

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

drunken officeparty posted:

Kinda sad we only saw the bad place headquarters and they didn't have to travel through the actual torturing. Although that might be hard to show on a early evening light comedy show.

It was probably also a budget issue, the same reason that we always see the demons in human form.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

"How do you smell loud and confusing?" Is my new favourite line.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I was sure until the very last second Michael was actually going to save himself... He actually did it :unsmith:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I was secretly hoping that one of them would end up in IHOP. Was I the only one?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

cptn_dr posted:

"How do you smell loud and confusing?" Is my new favourite line.

I love how they waited most of the episode to deliver the punch line to that joke.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i woke up this morning and just started giggling about Jake Jortles

ElScorcho
May 8, 2008

Horse.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I have been randomly thinking of this scene all morning and laughing. How is it not the new thread title yet?!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I'm beyond eager to see what hot water Shawn is now into. Such a public scandal can't be good for his career, especially considering he was angling for a promotion from this experiment.

Can we have Shawn team up with the humans pretty please?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I love how much Jason loved the mock-Jason version of him in the museum that went "Duuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

double nine posted:

I'm beyond eager to see what hot water Shawn is now into. Such a public scandal can't be good for his career, especially considering he was angling for a promotion from this experiment.

Can we have Shawn team up with the humans pretty please?
He can only fail up.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

WampaLord posted:

I love how much Jason loved the mock-Jason version of him in the museum that went "Duuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh"

Jason has clearly achieved some form of transcendence on his own.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

precision posted:

I think that may have been the best episode of the entire series. Trashy American Tahani was amazing.

Also the emcee guy was Jim Meskimen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao64ONUG5Uw

I loved him on parks as a super hacky comedian that somehow everybody loved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The pace of this show has been just absolutely beyond belief this season. It's like they came into the writer's room and decided to make it a goal to burn through a status quo that could sustain an entire season of television in every episode.

The humans re-connecting and re-learning their lessons from Season 1 in new ways? That's a season.
Michael switches sides, joins the humans, and starts learning to be good while hiding it from the other demons? Season.
Everyone but Michael, Janet, and the humans are gone and they can live openly in the neighborhood by themselves with no more need to hide? Season.
Undercover in the Bad Place trying to get to the Judge? Season!

I'm just in awe of how willing they are to set up entirely sustainable plots and then blow them to smithereens with abandon.

• Locked thread