Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Milking the cow suddenly has a much more sinister undertone.

I looked up if anyone made Tom Green in 3d modeling software and there wasn't any so we're safe for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

I ended up doing an impromptu let's play of my farmer's descent into utter bewilderment after installing an early mod that replaced all of the livestock with enormously hung, bearish men. It was a joke for friends that, ah, got out of hand.

The petting zoo event was unintentionally hilarious.

So was the 'allow pregnancy' button.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
she has power armor now https://68.media.tumblr.com/d366f69a0edb926a7b69218fce44201d/tumblr_p260agawT61rw29tlo1_1280.png https://68.media.tumblr.com/2f9db947f72edc1840d76733b6e662b2/tumblr_p2kzycK18Y1rw29tlo1_1280.png

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think showing up with a bucket is the most intimidating part of all that.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Aside from the stupid tail on the back and the fact that it's a furry mod, the armor looks neat. It reminds me that one of the customization things I always wanted for power armor was to be able to mount bones and furs and poo poo on it for a really tribal look.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Cute.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I know it's way too big of a project, but I'd be way into a graphics patch that messed with all the shaders/textures and redid all the models to get the same sculpted artsyle as that deathclaw, because I legit think it looks rad but totally doesn't fit with the aesthetic.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

How soon the thread forgets that mod I posted way back when that replaced all the crafting stations with people. Never want to make mayonnaise again.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Props to the deathclaw waifu guy though, at least he has skill to back up his weird mod.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

John Lee posted:

I know it's way too big of a project, but I'd be way into a graphics patch that messed with all the shaders/textures and redid all the models to get the same sculpted artsyle as that deathclaw, because I legit think it looks rad but totally doesn't fit with the aesthetic.

It's just anime

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Found a nice tantrum here. Watch this from 26:50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY2Qk9Y3Ekc

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
I am sad that :finland: is only in civ 5 and only as mods http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=351729439 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=351734966

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Midig posted:

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Midig posted:

"professional voice actor"

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Jesus, those shades make him look like the Butterball cenobite from Hellraiser.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Bieeardo posted:

Jesus, those shades make him look like the Butterball cenobite from Hellraiser.

So does his face. (Sort of.)

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
downloaded skyrim special edition. I hate that cart ride and tutorial so much I quit and uninstalled just after the talk of Velod making that mead.

Going to switch to regular skyrim.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Fargin Icehole posted:

downloaded skyrim special edition. I hate that cart ride and tutorial so much I quit and uninstalled just after the talk of Velod making that mead.

There were a bunch of mods for regular Skyrim to skip that (hell, there's debug flags in the cart ride's script code to do it IIRC), I'd be incredibly surprised if nobody ported those over.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Joe Man posted:

It's a good thing he's credited correctly because you can click his name and listen to his three minute demo reel.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

The Joe Man posted:

I feel like literally the least you can do as a PROFESSIONAL voice actor is get a microphone that doesn't sound like your listener's headphones suddenly started spewing razor blades. I got four words into his ~DRAMATIC READING~ before I had to turn off the video

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fargin Icehole posted:

Anything that doesn't require SKSE (and wasn't abandoned years ago) has been ported over, just go get LAL.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Danaru posted:

I got four words into his ~DRAMATIC READING~ before I had to turn off the video

I can guarantee you that that's 100% what the dude he's making fun of thought he sounded like when writing his angry at youtube manifesto, because lol here it is from the TOP SECRET modder's forum

quote:

I'm fed up beyond threshold by all these people's s**t, I'm way better off without them and their ilk having access to my works. I'm through with them, and if it also harms others who are not sharing their ill minded thoughts and behaviors, then so be it. It isn't like the good ones ever do even a single thing to make me reconsider anymore. The harm coming from sharing with the public has far outdone its use to me at this point, and I'm done with it ultimately.

YouTube reviewers have never been a thing when I started, we were coming along exceptionally fine without them, I don't consider them any use, not to me, or people with half a brain, anyways. I'm making sure my mods will never be very high up in endorsement-sorted rankings or anything either, because those people who base their choice of mods on rankings or reviews frankly don't deserve them to begin with. And I'm really fine with such morons not being able to find my mods.

My mods are not to be profited from in any way, neither by myself nor anybody else, unless it was specifically permitted by me beforehand. I may be allowing donations to me in form of Premium Membership time, but this money will go to the site, not me, and I already have access to everything and will not gain a thing from this myself. And this is the primary problem here, YouTube reviewers neither ask beforehand nor will they take a 'no' for a 'no', personal experience from 10+ years of modding. The money is more important to them than the continuation of publicly shared mods and the wellbeing of the content creators they so deliberately benefit from. And this, in all honesty, makes them The Enemy™ to me.

The fear of the backlash that's inevitably going to come from them, when you as an author open your mouth and speak up against them or even as much as "ask" for a thing, to me is absolutely no reason whatsoever not to do it. Quite the opposite, because if someone attempts to blackmail me or force me into something, he'll usually earn quite the opposite of what he was aiming for. They cannot harm me by driving people away from my mods, because I don't care about the single downloader more or less once the one person requesting their upload downloaded them and enjoyed. Every braindead moron who doesn't download my mods is a welcome thing to me, less hassle to worry about.

Keep your dangerous followers away from my mods and it's appreciated. Raise your armies against me in my comments and I'll make sure to report every single one of them until they're gone from the site in their entirety. My skin is so thick against intentional attacks you cannot even scratch it. You got no power over me or my decisions, and there's nothing you could do to make me do a thing you want. The harder you try, the more spectacular you'll fail. And if I'm ever fed up beyond threshold with all the ilk, my mod pages and me will be gone in a heartbeat and I won't have lost a thing. They, however, will have lost a target and will seek another part of the community to destroy instead.

In my own conviction, and observation, the community will come along exceptionally fine, even better most likely, without the existence of reviewers and reviews, or even YouTube for that matter (shut down that cesspool for the world will be a better place without it), but I definitely cannot say the same about content creators and their mods!

Additional site visits and advertisement money earned may be a beneficial thing, in a certain way, but they must not be used as justification for the deliberate loss of authors and their mods in return, or soon there'll be neither of it left anymore after all, for obvious reasons.

It's dead simple. I create my mods, I share them with the public for zero benefit to me in return, only additional hassle keeping my pages up and maintaining support, and if you ever want to do anything whatsoever with them, be it re-use in a mod of your's or even a review on a website or *gulp* YouTube, bloody "ask" me in advance or get lost. And if I say 'no', that bloody means 'no', or I'll make sure you learn it, and if it ends my life.

These simple terms of mine seemingly cannot be adhered to, so my decision is thus, the community is not worth the hassle anymore and can do without my mods. I decided so with Skyrim last time, Fallout 4 followed up next, and now my mind is settled, there will not be public sharing of my mods for any future games to come. The receiving end has proven more than abundantly not worth it anymore at this point, and I'm quite frankly not seeing things get any better ever again.

TESIV: Oblivion is the last community I'll be sharing my mods with in public, for they, as the only ones, are still worth it, deserving it even, in my eyes. Everybody else can go die in a corner, for all I care, or definitely be without my mods. The never-ending misbehavior of the people on the receiving end has effectively killed my altruistic believes, and I will no longer support this misbehavior by rewarding them, especially YouTube so-called reviewers, their braindead followers and their ilk, with my mods.

My Oblivion mods will stay up, be continued and supported. But every single one being featured in a review without me being asked beforehand will immediately be taken down and never come back up. Do not risk your last chances and bloody ask me first, thank you very much. Disrespect will no longer be rewarded, but fought until the death. I will make it abundantly clear why it was done when it happens and who people have to thank for it. Those knowing me will understand, those who don't, I couldn't care less about.

Matter much to others it will not, but to me it will mean everything in the world. And if others don't care about me, why should I continue to bother to care about them, undeservingly? I can do completely fine without them. If they can say the same about me, who cares? If they can't, they could've told me. They've had their chances abundantly as much. Maybe it's about time for me to care about myself more than others for a change. It'll be a first, granted, but I think I'll manage in the end.

I'm done. Have a nice day. :colbert:

Ironically, the Nexus "armscrossed" emote seems to be directly lifted from Something Awful.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
There are countless forums that have lifted SA's emote sets, down to the absurdly in-jokey ones. I wouldn't be surprised.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I just like that a Nexus staff member wrote a post complaining about the vile YOUTUBERS stealing his content without his permission (by featuring them in videos), then signed his post with an emote taken from another website.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
He is right that mod review videos are the most annoying pointless poo poo and always include 8 minutes of introduction, 1 minute of mod demo (almost never in silence without an annoying nerd yammering over the mod which is the only thing I would ever want), and 1 minute of outro to total the exact 10 minutes needed to put ads on the youtube video

Vault Samurai is literally the only mod reviewer I have ever found that does not do that. The only one.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
So what-all mods are we being punished from viewing/using/reviewing, anyway?

Also, that wall o' text could have been condensed into "gently caress all y'all, I'm going home."

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CJacobs posted:

He is right that mod review videos are the most annoying pointless poo poo and always include 8 minutes of introduction, 1 minute of mod demo (almost never in silence without an annoying nerd yammering over the mod which is the only thing I would ever want), and 1 minute of outro to total the exact 10 minutes needed to put ads on the youtube video

Vault Samurai is literally the only mod reviewer I have ever found that does not do that. The only one.

I think Mr. Icarus does a good job of mod showcasing for Doom stuff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgp_adxCQiesfxKYIqIE9yQ

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wamdoodle posted:

At least he talks while showing the mod off- instead of talking, then showing the mod off while talking, then asking for subscribers while not showing the mod off anymore.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Also, that wall o' text could have been condensed into "gently caress all y'all, I'm going home."

Not too sure about that one.

quote:

those people who base their choice of mods on rankings or reviews frankly don't deserve them to begin with.

quote:

The money is more important to them than the continuation of publicly shared mods and the wellbeing of the content creators they so deliberately benefit from. And this, in all honesty, makes them The Enemy™ to me.

quote:

YouTube reviewers have never been a thing when I started, we were coming along exceptionally fine without them, I don't consider them any use, not to me

quote:

TESIV: Oblivion is the last community I'll be sharing my mods with in public, for they, as the only ones, are still worth it, deserving it even, in my eyes. Everybody else can go die in a corner, for all I care

quote:

Quite the opposite, because if someone attempts to blackmail me or force me into something, he'll usually earn quite the opposite of what he was aiming for.

quote:

if you ever want to do anything whatsoever with them, be it re-use in a mod of your's or even a review on a website or *gulp* YouTube, bloody "ask" me in advance or get lost. And if I say 'no', that bloody means 'no', or I'll make sure you learn it, and if it ends my life.

quote:

They've had their chances abundantly as much.

:yeah:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

turn off the TV posted:

endless wall of text
What's the gist of it? He is mad because his mod was reviewed and not just endorsed by his minions at :nexus: hugbox?

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Samizdata posted:

Not just girls with dicks. Girls with freaking enormous dicks.
Not just girls with freaking enormous dicks. Girls with freaking enormous dicks who still also have vaginas.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

I'll use this as an excuse to link this wonderful ted talk where 2 dudes stand on stage and present futanari pics to the audience while explaining that a guy liking dick doesn't have to mean he's gay

Neuroscientists explain why straight men like trans women and why straight women like Edward Cullen

Does this mean I'm not gay for liking it?

No Homo.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Wamdoodle posted:

I like Icarus's videos but sometimes I find it hard to forgive him for the review where he combined three engine rendering type wads and managed to recreate car sickness in a video.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Milking the cow suddenly has a much more sinister underbone.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Leal posted:

Does this mean I'm not gay for liking it?

No Homo.

Hey man it's 2018 it's ok to like lady penis

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Dwesa posted:

What's the gist of it? He is mad because his mod was reviewed and not just endorsed by his minions at :nexus: hugbox?

He is mad that someone reviewed his mod without his consent, potentially got pennies for it, and that people watched the review. As a result, these people's lives are worthless and probably deserve to die. This guy is also a member of the Nexus staff.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Tumblr of scotch posted:

Not just girls with freaking enormous dicks. Girls with freaking enormous dicks who still also have vaginas.

Whether this is true or not is a matter of extremely extensive and heated debate among terrible sex modders.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

I like Icarus's videos but sometimes I find it hard to forgive him for the review where he combined three engine rendering type wads and managed to recreate car sickness in a video.
For those who have yet to have this inflicted upon them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VL3dfXYNXM

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

How about games in 360 degree FOV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9v_XN7Wxh8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Kins posted:

For those who have yet to have this inflicted upon them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VL3dfXYNXM

Well, good to know I could live inside a dryer without throwing up if that ever came up for some reason.

Orv fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jan 20, 2018