Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

theflyingexecutive posted:

My favorite thing happened this episode. Tony, the script supervisor, was the guy who would read Happy’s lines to Chris while we were shooting and would get super into it, which was a huge help for Chris. So the producers actually gave him a character to voice (Captain Pancake).

You need to keep supplying behind the scenes stuff. God drat this show better get renewed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

GreenNight posted:

You need to keep supplying behind the scenes stuff. God drat this show better get renewed.

Yeah I’m here and in the Happy thread ama (that I can legally disclose)

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Awesome, Billy West voicing a (three headed) imaginary friend.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

theflyingexecutive posted:

Yeah I’m here and in the Happy thread ama (that I can legally disclose)

Didn't realize there was a thread. That's much better.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Feb 7 starts the next season of Channel Zero :woop:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Man, the big demon fight in the final episode of Superstition went full on B-movie level goofiness. It really doesn't even feel like the same show I was watching for 11 other episodes.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

So.............

No comments on this week's Happy!?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Happy thread is still in a state of shock.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I didn't even realize it had a thread.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh good, Blood Drive ends on a loving cliffhanger.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I still contend Blood Drive hosed up not ending with Rise of the Primo. After that it just got weird, confusing, and unsatisfying.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Syfy has confirmed that their (and USA's) current S&P policy is that if it is "important to the plot or style of the show" then it is A-okay to say gently caress as much as you want. Not the biggest surprise considering what is going on with The Magicians and Happy! but nice to see that it is a codified position.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rocksicles posted:

The Happy thread is still in a state of shock.

Over which part? The greenscreen studio scene?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Errrr..... all of it, most of it...that bit, take your pick. It's a wild loving ride.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rocksicles posted:

Errrr..... all of it, most of it...that bit, take your pick. It's a wild loving ride.

I'm very curious to know if Blue's son actually was killed by the C4 in the car. Even for this show, that was dark humour :stonklol:.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
He is/was a little psychopath, so that takes a lot of sting out of it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Channel Zero is back tonight!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Over which part? The greenscreen studio scene?

Mars Bringer of War will need a trigger warning now for Happy! fans

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, it was interesting but definitely felt kind of unfocused, especially after No End House.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Well I quite enjoyed the replacement of the tooth monster with the meat man and it's also nice to see Rutger Hauer not looking as rough as he normally does. But yeah, the main actress was less than stellar and yeah, definitely came across a bit scattershot with getting the story bits across. I can say I was not expecting the hammer wielding murder small person vis-à-vis Phantasm but it worked for being pretty creepy.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Wow, when they said they were channeling Giallo this year, they weren't kidding. Gonna be some gore.

Liked it, liked all the actors. Good stuff, per usual.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

It was pretty good except for the main actress. She's a bit poo poo at acting and her hosed up gap-teeth are ugly and give her the tiniest bit of a lisp.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I liked it and am especially excited for more Rutger Hauer

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Looks like the rest of Z-Nation is up on netflix now

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The thing I don't get about Krypton is why they're making it about Superman's grandfather instead of about Jor-El. It just seems like putting it that far back removes some of the immediacy of the story. Which they seem to be replacing with a time travel plot about current heroes, which I'm not sure is going to work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

The thing I don't get about Krypton is why they're making it about Superman's grandfather instead of about Jor-El. It just seems like putting it that far back removes some of the immediacy of the story. Which they seem to be replacing with a time travel plot about current heroes, which I'm not sure is going to work.

Literally anything is better than Smallville.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I started rewatching Dark Matter the other day and found out Four's sword-wielding bodyguard played Knives Chau in the Scott Pilgrim movie. I didn't recognize her at all the first time I watched the series.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i watched dark matter on netflix and the show slowly gets better. if you ever want to check it out, push yourself through season 1. and when you reach the climax of season 3, it ends. cuz syfy

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

i watched dark matter on netflix and the show slowly gets better. if you ever want to check it out, push yourself through season 1. and when you reach the climax of season 3, it ends. cuz syfy

Dark Matter was a victim of itself. Season 3 sets up a bunch of plotlines and squanders all of them, with no real change to the setting or any real buildup to the finale. Killjoys just ran rings around it on every level.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Dark Matter was a victim of itself. Season 3 sets up a bunch of plotlines and squanders all of them, with no real change to the setting or any real buildup to the finale. Killjoys just ran rings around it on every level.

Talking up a huge corporate war for two seasons and then having the whole thing happen off-screen doesn't really make for compelling television.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Party Plane Jones posted:

I started rewatching Dark Matter the other day and found out Four's sword-wielding bodyguard played Knives Chau in the Scott Pilgrim movie. I didn't recognize her at all the first time I watched the series.

She's also like a decade older now, to be fair. Nearly 10 years can change how someone looks pretty drastically.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

She's also like a decade older now, to be fair. Nearly 10 years can change how someone looks pretty drastically.

It's the bangs, to be honest.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Defiance is back!

The videogame that is, with a new version coming out sometime this year. Still free to play, on modern consoles with a closed beta sign up here.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

So is this supposed to be season 5 of the show?

Strange to think that it's been half a decade since Defiance started. The whole TV/game crossover aspect got so heavily promoted at the time but didn't really amount to a whole lot, though also probably for the best.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well it's called Defiance 2050 and the show took place in 2046 so it is explicitly set after. The connection between the two were always pretty tenuous seeing as the game was set in California and the show was set in Missouri.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Well it's called Defiance 2050 and the show took place in 2046 so it is explicitly set after. The connection between the two were always pretty tenuous seeing as the game was set in California and the show was set in Missouri.

OLD St Louis!
I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missourah!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This is kind of funny and relevant to this thread.

Mezzanine posted:

Jenny Nicholson is awesome and here she is talking about The Worst Reality Show of All Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKFgn6tNU6w

She's talking about that time Syfy tried to do a reality show and while I saw a bunch of commercials for it I never realized how completely bonkers it was.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Wasn't it pretty much a situation where the two had different micro-level moment-to-moment plots that never really intersected, but bigger changes to the world from one would show up in the other? Sort of like a cross-media Buffy/Angel deal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

When you start the game you get a little prequel bit with Nolan and Irisa and then there's a bounty hunter from the show who moved over to the game but other than that it was just kind of a thing where the game would build off of the changes the show made to the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Nothing about Butchers Block, does that mean it sucks?