Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

embiid is an AI invented by Basketball Twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
REFS ARE GAMBLING

OBVIOUSLY STEALING AT LEAST ONE GAME PER NIGHT LAST MONTH

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

editedit:

The video.

https://twitter.com/GipperGrove/status/954179083679752192

Bonus video of Embiid screaming like a little girl.
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/954179734275059712

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 19, 2018

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
no it's okay I had more important things to use the post on

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i demand to know which player voted for dakari johnson

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I love Joel Embiid more than I love my own mother

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oooh weee

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/954166644171067398

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/nick_pants/status/954173462075015168

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
That is the most amazing pass I've ever seen.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I couldn’t even figure out what happened at first and my stream was very good. Insane

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

I couldn’t even figure out what happened at first and my stream was very good. Insane

https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/954167225816002560

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Someone gif his face daddy avatar sized thanks in advance

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Actually wait the resolution sucks in that, need some HD video first

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Maybe the best proof yet that LeBron is actually an android.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
As for the BOS-PHI game, take that, weird Patriots poster who came in here a few years ago GUARANTEEING that Boston would be the better franchise in 4 years or something, which everyone agreed was a reasonable prediction but a stupid guarantee, so he bought a bunch of red titles for PHI posters about it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Noctone posted:

Maybe the best proof yet that LeBron is actually an android.

What's it like to hit your best friend in the hands cells interlinked

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I really hope lebron picks KD

I mean aren't they cool off the court? I know KD said when he made that 3 shot over his 'idol' in the last finals I was kinda taken a back.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lebron seems pretty cool with everyone off the court. I thought he'd be Draymon'ds greatest enemy but they did that barbershop video together.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

EvanTH posted:

As for the BOS-PHI game, take that, weird Patriots poster who came in here a few years ago GUARANTEEING that Boston would be the better franchise in 4 years or something, which everyone agreed was a reasonable prediction but a stupid guarantee, so he bought a bunch of red titles for PHI posters about it

Tom Brady.

Actually he was totally in the right but was so obnoxious about it we all pretended like it was ludicrous and it caused him to just meltdown. Good times.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Away all Goats posted:

Lebron seems pretty cool with everyone off the court. I thought he'd be Draymon'ds greatest enemy but they did that barbershop video together.

I would really like to see Draymond and James play together gently caress I would like to see A LOT of cats out there play together.

Basketball loving owns

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Away all Goats posted:

The real question is: will Lebron pick Kyrie?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Spite posted:

The real question is: will Lebron pick Kyrie?

I hope he does so everyone in Cleveland including me can see some old plays go down again / watch Kyrie tell him SUCK MY DICK

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

What the gently caress how

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Kibner posted:

Smart is really loving strong and a more aware defender. He can credibly guard bigs without good post-games or good jump shooters. He can stuff all the driving wings before they get into the paint. He can struggle a bit on the perimeter with elite quickness guys but other than that...

Basically, he is a very flexible defender due to his size, quickness, and baby-ogre strength.

Yeah he's so ridiculously strong and he seems so annoying to play against

EvanTH posted:

Any game without Kyrie doesn't count as nobody else on the team can score on their own. Matter of fact, please change the loss to a draw, thank you NBA. Please come back Gordon

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was proud of Smart tonight. He took a charge without flopping.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Speaking of Lillard, apparently he has given up on veganism. Turns out it's hard to keep weight on during the season without meat. Go figure.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

God loving BLESS

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

I was proud of Smart tonight. He took a charge without flopping.

That's almost more impressive than LeBron's no look reverse nutmeg

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I think LeBron has a sixth sense for when basketball media starts to cool on him a little, and when it reaches a critical threshhold low, he busts out some insane move to redirect the talk back to him.

Didn't he nutmeg Andrew Wiggins some time last year after a similar "cold spell"?

E: A cold spell for Bron being like better than 99% of any other active player anywhere.

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

paternity suitor posted:

What the gently caress how

he's the greatest player of all time and dwaney wade is his best friend

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

So if I’ve got this right: the actual ASG team starters would probably be:

Lebron (Captain)
Giannis (picked first)
Harden (picked third)
Boogie (picked fifth)
Derozan (picked seventh)

Steph (Captain)
KD (picked second)
Anthony Davis (picked fourth)
Kyrie (picked sixth)
Embiid (picked eighth)

I could also see Kyrie being left to last because Embiid might get picked ahead of him and no way Lebron drafts him.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/kerryeggers/status/954208346369699840

WE WARNED YOU ABOUT NET NEUTRALITY!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DC Murderverse posted:

So if I’ve got this right: the actual ASG team starters would probably be:

Lebron (Captain)
Giannis (picked first)
Harden (picked third)
Boogie (picked fifth)
Derozan (picked seventh)

Steph (Captain)
KD (picked second)
Anthony Davis (picked fourth)
Kyrie (picked sixth)
Embiid (picked eighth)

I could also see Kyrie being left to last because Embiid might get picked ahead of him and no way Lebron drafts him.

The only people being selected like that are reserves

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Good news

https://twitter.com/futurecanon/status/954215893092925440

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

BWV posted:

why not just scrap the positions all together? If the fans vote in a team of all centres who cares? It's not like they're going to start running post ups or crashing the boards.

Yea, if the game was optimized it'd be the twelve best 3P shooters because that's all the game is. They can throw in a few sad dunks too.

No Giannis.
No KAT.
No Jayson Tatum.

Epical Failure.

G-Hawk posted:

a lot of advanced stats hate him overall, especially his defense, but hes shooting the ball extremely well, best of his career

Lockback posted:

Lillard has him beat on PER, WS, WS/48, BPM (including DBPM), and RPM (pretty even on DRPM but Klay has a slight lead). I think Lillard over Klay is very justifiable.

Defense stats are 100% irrelevant in the modern day ASG. Years ago they would've mattered but a bum off the street or a billionaire in the first row play more D than the guys today. Curry lied down on his stomach last year and acted like he was dead during the game. A dude in a funeral casket puts up better D than that.

Now with that said Klay is the #2 guy in FGNP this season AKA the "PUT THE BALL IN THE BASKET" stat (PTS - FT - FGA). He trails only LBJ. Since there is no defense...FTs become irrelevant as well.

code:
FGNP	Player
170	LeBron James
135	Klay Thompson
123	Stephen Curry
119	Karl-Anthony Towns

-52	Ricky Rubio
-54	De'Aaron Fox
-56	Jawun Evans
-56	Lonzo Ball
-57	Tyler Ulis
-60	Russell Westbrook
-62	Josh Jackson
-71	Marcus Smart

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

EvanTH posted:

REFS ARE GAMBLING

OBVIOUSLY STEALING AT LEAST ONE GAME PER NIGHT LAST MONTH

The Cavaliers are looking really really sorry. But the refs aren't going to let them miss the playoffs or lose ten games in a row. :laffo:

Report: ‘Several prominent’ Cavaliers express concern about aging, defenseless, redundant roster
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-several-prominent-cavaliers-express-170010247.html

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

This is a really amazing gif and hilarious but I cant help but be a hater who believes drat near every nutmeg is accidental and this definitely was

fight me

Black Sabas
Apr 29, 2015

lebron tweeted he is garbage, my body is ready for youngest 30k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I really like Milos Teodosic when he is healthy and I like Point Blake when he shows up from time to time

• Locked thread