Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

D_Smart posted:

Oh, like you mean the sort of trouble I have got into since I've been posting sourced material since 2015? :laffo: get a grip - but thanks for your concern all the same. :D

You know half this poo poo is already in my Twitter feed, right?

I don't read any of the extended universe stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

No doubt? At all? 100% certain that he will be disbarred?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

ManofManyAliases posted:

I call that MOMA called it here.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Derek I think you mean to say well on his way to the airport in a BMW alpina b7

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Someone quantify an apocalyptic day of reckoning for me. Preferably the person claiming it'll happen.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dusty Lens posted:

Someone quantify an apocalyptic day of reckoning for me. Preferably the person claiming it'll happen.

I believe it rhymes with Bear Ducked, Cum Fleet Bee

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Consolation prizes sent out. CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL PARTICIPANTS.

Still waiting to send out the top 2. 2Weeks.

e: OK, if Skadden delivers today, and its ELE Material,

Placements:
First Prize: Baxta
Second Prize: Crisp Roberts.

I sent out the prizes for 3/4th place cause I'm drunk af.

no_recall fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 19, 2018

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Sillybones posted:

I call that MOMA called it here.

I called that moma would call it before moma called it.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
I totally called my parents

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

We're just a few breadsticks shy of running the true Olive Garden of calling it.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dusty Lens posted:

We're just a few breadsticks shy of running the true Olive Garden of calling it.

Calling it that Skadden do not release anything tomorrow since they read this thread and hate humor as much as Derek hates brevity.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Lladre posted:

Calling it that Skadden do not release anything tomorrow since they read this thread and hate humor as much as Derek hates brevity.

Calling that DS is going to be wrong.:v:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Calling that something will be called.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...
I'm calling that tomorrow we all discover the true meaning of friendship.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Aint no one callin nuthin till the can's kicked over.

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016
As I predicted in my 2008 blogger post, I'm calling that some poo poo is going to go down.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

big nipples big life posted:

Brutal takedowns are back!

thread is good again

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

no_recall posted:

OK, wow that ATV was beyond horrible. Did CIG's budget for ATV went to poo poo?

Other little things:

1) Sandi not listed as Producer (I’m not sure if she is on episodes she doesn’t co-host but I was surprised.)

2) Ben, the “Master of Ships”, is a no show, and only gets brief mention as a lot of other employees talk about “where ships come from.” Looking pretty certain now that the “save the Wing Commander animated cels from their pending destruction” GoFundMe campaign was his “Friends of Chris” exit package from full time employment. He got the full Ladyman sendoff so probably can’t complain.

3) Chris, just as pleased as punch as he congratulates himself on the realization of his childhood dream... to sell lovingly detailed ships, ships that have absolutely everything you could possibly imagine, in a game with absolutely crap all to do. He has no shame that he got no game. It’s incrddible.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Interviewer to Ortwin: What is your favorite ship
Ortwin to Interviewer: There are so many of them I have to test fly them There are so many of them I have no idea what they are doing, as long as money flows in I am ok

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7rchyf/arena_commander_is_a_bad_place_for_new_players/

every comment in that thread is a precious jewel

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
890Jump Preview Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a0zGBuTHo8

I'm gonna call it that CR is copying this and will be reselling the 890J to a whale near you.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
I'm calling it that the intern will go blind from reading all these posts tomorrow.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

The joke is that the intern is still assigned to reading this thread instead of being re-assigned as the director of netcode and beverages.

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

no_recall posted:

890Jump Preview Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a0zGBuTHo8

I'm gonna call it that CR is copying this and will be reselling the 890J to a whale near you.

I have one of these. Don't use it because I get seasick. Besides, it's an embarrassing display of conspicuous consumption that overshadows my enlightened qualities.

I put a mortar in the well deck to shell the coast. Unfortunately, I don't get to see the people I kill but feel good doing God's work. Making the world a better place.

Siphoning surplus value and spending it to modify social structures to funnel more unearned value my way, killing or imprisoning all that oppose.

The yacht can transport up to 140 scu of deskeletonized adults or compact children.

The electrified leads transform your cargo into an orchestral chorus.

Reinforcement is applied to quiet or out of pitch singers.

it's really their fault for being so uncooperative.

Now lets look at what's on the menu.

I'm having the castrotti

Served by the guy

with no legs

or head.

Nice boat. I named her, the 'Javelin'.

Preen Dog fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 19, 2018

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Super Troopers 2 is going to release before Star Citizen.

Im loving dead.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

I'm calling that tomorrow we all discover the true meaning of friendship.

Heresy?

Heresy.

Purge it all.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
GO WATCH THE SUPER TROOPERS 2 TRAILER YOU MOOKS!

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Super Troopers 2 is going to release before Star Citizen.

Im loving dead.

Called it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

:bravo::golfclap::vince::five:

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Hobold posted:

Heresy?

Heresy.

Purge it all.

FUD for the FUD god

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Meanwhile, in HotDS patch notes:

quote:

CONTROLS/UI: Inverting mouse will no longer invert the mouse UI

In AFF:

quote:

Added HUD icons for incoming missiles
Initial intel button in the main menu now points to the guides thread on the forums, until we can get that tutorial going for real
Rescaled all Cricket launchers to space interior scale, rescaled some fighter launchers to proper scale, improved Cricket launch cinematic a bit, rescaled docked Griphon in Lukather
More agile Sturm

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Why don't you grow some balls and toxx for once? Remember that the last time you called Derek out (about who was representing CIG) he rubbed it all over your face.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Dusty Lens posted:

The joke is that the intern is still assigned to reading this thread instead of being re-assigned as the director of netcode and beverages.

I feel like it's the kind of workplace where promotions are given out to people who have earned it by:

1. showing up for work the day after someone else quit/got fired ("we need someone to do this job"), and
2. being relatively unknown ("we don't know you can't do this job...yet").

Being a consistent Bearer of Bad News, the intern assigned to report on this thread is never going to clear that second hurdle. Sorry, thread intern; you got suckered into doing the one job at CIG with no upward mobility.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

I wonder if the leaderboards are bugged somehow, because the latest usage numbers are disastrous.

Star Marine average concurrent users: 9.8
Arena Commander average concurrent users: 7.8
Murray Cup average concurrent users: 2.5

Total for all EA modes: 20.0

That is lower than the end of 2.6.3 while 3.0 was in PTU, and represents a roughly 50% drop from the numbers at the start of 3.0 live.

This report covers the 6 days from Jan 13 to Jan 19.

boviscopophobic fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 19, 2018

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

trucutru posted:

Why don't you grow some balls and toxx for once? Remember that the last time you called Derek out (about who was representing CIG) he rubbed it all over your face.

toxx toxx toxx toxx!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
So a producer from CIG got hired away by CSE for Camelot Unchained (and CSE just landed a big investment.) Can’t tell who the new hire is, though.

“MassivelyOP” posted:

You’ve already seen the first stages of that, as CSE’s brought in a new producer (fresh off Star Citizen, incidentally), a new community manager, and an animator-and-a-half in recent weeks, in addition to engineers (he’s particularly proud of the animator, as CSE sought new blood on that task in response to donor feedback). The company’s headhunters now have clearance to go ham on building out both studios to capacity to speed up the timeline (within reason, of course; Jacobs is well aware that not everything scales perfectly just by throwing people and money at it).

quote:

Beta when? Launch when?
Jacobs told me his leads are in final discussion on “when” with the new producer right now. Expect the announcement in the next few weeks and beta soon. How soon? “Sooner, rather than later, this year.” It’s close. And when it hits beta, it will be a real beta, so don’t expect a soft launch or early access/pre-alpha shenanigans. “We don’t want to go down that path,” he told me. “We’re still going to beta one the exact same way we said we were going to do it so that people will actually have fun and actually want to come in and test.”

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

G0RF posted:

So a producer from CIG got hired away by CSE for Camelot Unchained (and CSE just landed a big investment.) Can’t tell who the new hire is, though.

At this point, to be a producer at CIG aren't the requirements shockingly low? Like what, a high school diploma or GED and 3 months at Gamestop or Best Buy? If you have 6 months at best buy or a degree from Full Sail they make you a senior producer and give you shares of the company too (probably).

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

AlmightyPants posted:

At this point, to be a producer at CIG aren't the requirements shockingly low? Like what, a high school diploma or GED and 3 months at Gamestop or Best Buy? If you have 6 months at best buy or a degree from Full Sail they make you a senior producer and give you shares of the company too (probably).

Only if you have a steady history of high strategy guide sales.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

TheAgent posted:

what will the citizens do without the funding tracker

I'm p sure that's going to shake confidence a bit

That tracker is vital for CIG since, given the delays and state of the game, it is probably and single handedly maintaining the last line of defense for backer confidence. I don’t think it will disappear with the new web unless there is some kind of external oficial enquiry or pressure about its representation or lack thereof.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jan 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

ManofManyAliases posted:

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.