Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not reading your block of spoilers because I really want to watch it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Rhyno posted:

I'm not reading your block of spoilers because I really want to watch it!

I'm just saying: You can jump onto Season 2 and not lose that much.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Good Place keeps on getting better and better, goddam

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

DivisionPost posted:

Lethal Weapon is really loving good.

Look, all I want to know is does Murtaugh sit on a bomb-rigged toilet?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also what does he consider his age vis à vis “this poo poo”?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's not too old, but they are bad, he's black and he's mad.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Where can I watch old episodes?

Canadian Netflix.

I hope you liked part 4 because that's pretty much the level of stupid the show starts at, and I can only imagine it gets worse from there.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

poo poo, Jordana Brewster's in Lethal Weapon? Welp now I'll watch it

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Lethal Weapon didn't make my top ten list for 2017, but it might be the most entertaining and satisfying show my wife and I watch. Having just recently rewatched Lethal Weapon 1-3 on Netflix (they added all four on January 1st), I like Crawford and Wayans and their chemistry even more than Gibson and Glover. Plus, there are actual supporting characters to enjoy: their captain is awesome and supportive, Trish Murtaugh has a strong personality (and is a knockout), and even Leo Getz shows up (played by Thomas Lennon of The State and many other fun things). I also like Scorsese the nerdy medical examiner and Riggs' counselor.

The plots are VERY predictable, but the show looks gorgeous, it's funny, it has a lot of heart, and the stunts are pretty great for network TV. If you like the movies, or any action-crime-comedy-buddy movies and shows, there's a lot to love.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's strange that Damon Wayans is about 15 years older than Danny Glover was when he played Murtaugh but still seems a lot younger.

Another recent announcement (brought to my attention by the BSS TV thread): Shane Black and Fred Dekker are working on an Avengers reboot which could be fun if it happens.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's strange that Damon Wayans is about 15 years older than Danny Glover was when he played Murtaugh but still seems a lot younger.

Another recent announcement (brought to my attention by the BSS TV thread): Shane Black and Fred Dekker are working on an Avengers reboot which could be fun if it happens.

drat! It's a shame Yvonne Strahovski is currently kicking rear end in The Handmaid's Tale because she would've been an AMAZING Emma Peel. (She starred in Black & Dekker's Amazon pilot and Black liked her enough to cast her in The Predator.)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I am really surprised so many people have fond memories of a show that was old when Cheers was on.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

I am really surprised so many people have fond memories of a show that was old when Cheers was on.

mash is good tho

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

precision posted:

mash is good tho

I never cared for it :shrug:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

precision posted:

Well let's be fair, almost nothing in the past 30 years has been as big as the OJ case. Hardly anything even comes close.

I was looking forward to whatever the Katrina show was going to be.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DivisionPost posted:

[...]She starred in Black & Dekker's Amazon pilot [...]

When you put their names together like that it makes them sound like a couple of tools.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before (I tried Googling first), but is there any legit way to buy series one, two, and three of The Great British Bake Off to watch in the USA?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before (I tried Googling first), but is there any legit way to buy series one, two, and three of The Great British Bake Off to watch in the USA?

Amazon has it (I think this is the right show, it's got the 'Murican name though) :https://www.amazon.com/Cake/dp/B0143LIU9O

[Edit: Looks like it's on Netflix (https://www.netflix.com/title/80063224) and iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/the-great-british-baking-show-season-1/id1131276110

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jan 19, 2018

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

lelandjs posted:

Amazon has it (I think this is the right show, at least) :https://www.amazon.com/Cake/dp/B0143LIU9O

Thanks but that is series 4-7 of the BBC show (called seasons 1-4 in the USA), I was looking for series 1-3.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Thanks but that is series 4-7 of the BBC show (called seasons 1-4 in the USA), I was looking for series 1-3.

Oh, the episode names in deason one match the ones in the UK series one, so I thought they were the same. I don't know much about the show, do the challenges follow the same pattern every season?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Corporate is a weird show. Feels like Better Off Ted + Depression. A lot of depression. But there is a bunch of great jokes in there so I'm going to keep watching.

Edit: Fight Club! It's a lot like the office parts of Fight Club!

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jan 19, 2018

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If you miss The Soup with Joel McHale, Netflix is making a weekly show called The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale. Coming Feb 18th. Looks like pretty much the same show.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/netflix-announces-the-joel-mchale-show-with-joel-mchale.html

https://twitter.com/joelmchale/status/954382993224646656

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

If you miss The Soup with Joel McHale, Netflix is making a weekly show called The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale. Coming Feb 18th. Looks like pretty much the same show.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/netflix-announces-the-joel-mchale-show-with-joel-mchale.html

https://twitter.com/joelmchale/status/954382993224646656

Oh heck yes.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

To follow up on this, I can't find anything either. Maybe there's music rights issues and the Beeb doesn't want to bother with replacing the music?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

lelandjs posted:

When you put their names together like that it makes them sound like a couple of tools.

Those two have a friendship that goes all the way back to film school, and that’s what they’ve always been referred to as.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DivisionPost posted:

Those two have a friendship that goes all the way back to film school, and that’s what they’ve always been referred to as.

(It was a joke)

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

lelandjs posted:

(It was a joke)

I think he knew that but I didn't know they made a drill with a screw holder like that, that's neat.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

I think he knew that but I didn't know they made a drill with a screw holder like that, that's neat.

:yossame:

I know what I'm going to forget to get my dad for Xmas this year!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Wheat Loaf posted:

Somewhere there is a portrait of Wayans aging in his place. He could probably still manage to play someone in their late 20s convincingly.

E:Its some real Dick Clark level poo poo. Well, pre stroke Dick Clark.

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 19, 2018

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Probably plastic surgery and hair dye. Danny Glover don't have time for that poo poo.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yeah it's definitely the hair dye.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hey even mustaches go grey

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Lurdiak posted:

I'm not sure which show you're talking about, but it's only been in the last 15 years or so that TV channels didn't regularly run reruns of old shows. Like, who didn't grow up in the 90s and watch Gilligan's Island or I Dream of Jeannie on summer afternoons

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Somewhere there is a portrait of Wayans aging in his place. He could probably still manage to play someone in their late 20s convincingly.

E:Its some real Dick Clark level poo poo. Well, pre stroke Dick Clark.

I think there is a convincing argument that who we know as Damon Wayans Jr is really just his younger self brought through a time portal.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

raditts posted:

I'm not sure which show you're talking about, but it's only been in the last 15 years or so that TV channels didn't regularly run reruns of old shows. Like, who didn't grow up in the 90s and watch Gilligan's Island or I Dream of Jeannie on summer afternoons
OP's talking about The Avengers, which in fairness is legit old and way less common in reruns when I was a kid (and I'm kind of old). Still, I caught some episodes alongside Adam West Batman and Green Hornet episodes some weekends. Enough to know who Steed and Mrs. Peel are. And there was a bad movie in the 90s. But it was more of kind of show my dad watched when he was a kid than one I caught on Nick at Nite or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think SciFi aired the UK Avengers back in it's very early days.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DivisionPost posted:

Fred Dekker is weird for me. On one hand ... Monster Squad. On the other hand ... RoboCop 3.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Timby posted:

Fred Dekker is weird for me. On one hand ... Monster Squad. On the other hand ... RoboCop 3.

From what little I heard about RoboCop 3, I’m not sure you could blame Dekker for that.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Timby posted:

I'd say that he and Black bring out the best in one another but I feel like Black's done plenty of good stuff on his own (I rewatched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang recently and it's still a very good movie) and I don't think Dekker has the same record.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I saw The Nice Guys a few months ago, and Shane Black can still make a fantastic movie for sure.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Monster Squad is more fun than it is good, to be honest. That movie has no structure.

STAC Goat posted:

OP's talking about The Avengers, which in fairness is legit old and way less common in reruns when I was a kid (and I'm kind of old). Still, I caught some episodes alongside Adam West Batman and Green Hornet episodes some weekends. Enough to know who Steed and Mrs. Peel are. And there was a bad movie in the 90s. But it was more of kind of show my dad watched when he was a kid than one I caught on Nick at Nite or something.

Yeah, to me this is like people being excited about a revival of Car 54 Where Are You?.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lurdiak posted:

Monster Squad is more fun than it is good, to be honest. That movie has no structure.

Yeah, to me this is like people being excited about a revival of Car 54 Where Are You?.

I mean, I used to watch that with Get Smart, Gomer Pyle USMC, and The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis so its still a thin line here about how old we are and how much Nick at Nite we watched.

And probably how often your dad made you watch shows from his childhood like mine did.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 19, 2018